BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Season Ticket Arrival

Has Your Ticket Arrived Yet ?  

160 members have voted

1. 1. Have all the Season Ticket your purchased arrived yet ?

• Yes
    • No
    • I'm not getting a Season Ticket

Mine still hasn't arrived yet, it probably will this week, and even if it doesn't, living locally I can go down to the ticket office and sort it out.

That's not the point though, the first season ticket direct debits went out on 1st of June and when I took my application form down to the ground a couple of weeks after the prices were announced, (early to mid May?) I was assured the ticket would be dispatched mid July.

It's desperately poor customer service and reflects extremely badly on the club. Why on earth couldn't renewals made before June 1st have been sent out mid July as promised?

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And I imagine a little more urgency may well of been placed on getting the existing tickets out, or if the software issues mentioned earlier persisted, a paper ticket would have been posted to everyone.

Its a little unfair to talk about a match which the club has known it doesn't need to have everything in place for for a couple of weeks. Had it been postponed yesterday I would agree.

Defend them as much as you like - The club have had over 3 months to get this right

Defend them as much as you like - The club have had over 3 months to get this right

I need to clear up here, Im not defending as such Alan, but going on experience, the urgency goes with the passing of a potential crisis (often causing the next one).

Im sure that we all would prefer the tickets to have arrived last week, as too early would lead to people losing them..........

However, why stoke the fires of panic?

Guest fernhurstblue

now the club are saying that some people may not get their season ticket before sunday, due to the postal strike ..... (1) i wasnt aware there had been / are going to be on strike this week AND (2) the club has had all summer to get this sorted :blink:

that coupled with the details of the young adult scheme not being realised, makes you wonder what the admin staff do at ewood ..... might see if i can get a job there, sounds like east street to me :lol:

Some of you guys who haven't already received their season tickets are going to love this, this morning 5 days after i received my ST, the ticket office rung me up asking me what address i would like my ST sending out to (either my home one or my uni one in Bolton), i had to kindly remind the women on the phone that not only had i received my ST for this season on Friday but that many of you on here haven't received their ST's yet and the reply i got was, "We're working as hard as we can to get them out, bye"

She didn't sound impressed that i had questioned her on the arrival of the ST's, the club T.O. have made a farce out of something as simple as this, some of you haven't even received yours yet if i had lied and said i hadn't received mine, i would of ended up with two ST's for the same seat.

Hope the rest of you get your ST's in time for the Arsenal game otherwise, the club have made one hell of a blunder here especially after all the hard work they have put in getting some of the old ST holders back and then obtaining new ones that may be first time ST holders. They will not be making a good impression on them and for some of them, that first impression may be enough to make them not want to bother with getting away tickets/travel etc just because they think the T.O are incapable of getting the tickets to them on time.

I must apologise to what seems like the majority of BRFC fans that frequent this messageboard.....as i have NO complaints about my season ticket! :o

I went to Ewood last Friday (10th Aug), there was NO queue, the lady behind the counter was quite pretty & polite, my purchase took only a few minutes & my season ticket arrived this morning (Wed 15th) like she said it would. The only thing what angered me was the fact there was nothing to make me angry about! :angry:

...then again now i come to think of it, i think Rovers :brfc: could`ve put a bit more "pazazz" into the delivery of my ST as it was merely an ordinary postman who handed it over......no trumpets or fanfare anywhere!! SHOCKING!!! :(

Hey Chaps,

I have, after many a season away, been persuaded to purchase a new season ticket. I have a couple of questions that i was hoping people might be able to answer for me though.

1) Living a fair distance (Lincoln) away, are there any outlying independant fan clubs that organise/arrange car sharing for fans attending matches?

2) I'm looking into some away matches, in particular arsenal in february, and was wondering what the chances are of being able to purchase an additional ticket as a belated xmas present? Pretty slim?

Many Thanks

Hey Chaps,

I have, after many a season away, been persuaded to purchase a new season ticket. I have a couple of questions that i was hoping people might be able to answer for me though.

1) Living a fair distance (Lincoln) away, are there any outlying independant fan clubs that organise/arrange car sharing for fans attending matches?

2) I'm looking into some away matches, in particular arsenal in february, and was wondering what the chances are of being able to purchase an additional ticket as a belated xmas present? Pretty slim?

Many Thanks

You wont have any problems getting tickets for matches down south mate, as for question one, I cant help you with that one.

Mine arrived this morning thankfully. Such a shame the club ruin all the good work put in with the pricing policy by making a complete hash of sending out the season tickets. Whatever the excuse, the end result is that once again the club end up looking amateur and small-time.

Anyone who hasn't received their Season Ticket Card will be issued with a temporary matchday ticket for their seat. A special window at the Blackburn End Ticket Office will be designated to serve those fans without their cards. The club requests that fans arrive early to allow their details to be processed. Please have ID available

Source: Official Rovers Website - On this sunday's match.

New shirt available from next thursday. That's still 8 days...

As the new cards are designed to last for several seasons I was slightly surprised not to receive a new wallet as well.

Having kept my original card securely in the wallet over its life span, the card is in mint condition it's the wallet which is looking fairly dog eared!

Anyone know if you can request or purchase replacement wallets on an individual basis?

Mine arrived this morning thankfully. Such a shame the club ruin all the good work put in with the pricing policy by making a complete hash of sending out the season tickets. Whatever the excuse, the end result is that once again the club end up looking amateur and small-time.

Don't see why. You've got your ticket before the first home game of the season, where's the problem?

It looks poor really from where I'm sat. If I advertised one of my products for £350 in May, got a customer to pay then, and then only delivered on the last possible day in August, it looks like they are taking advantage a little. Factor in the issue that there should be many lapsed and brand new customers (fans!) who only need the slightest excuse to moan or even not bother again then you have a marketing/PR issue here. People today want everything easy and laid out on a silver plate. Give the majority the slightest reason not to bother and they probably won't. The club are risking all the good work they have done on pricing, advertising and general feel good with the delay on the STs. In my opinion.

Don't see why. You've got your ticket before the first home game of the season, where's the problem?

So I should say i've got my ticket so i'm alright Jack? Clearly many others haven't and won't as the club have admitted. Seeing as they have had all summer to get these out then it smacks of very poor planning and once again emphasises the failings of the club and how small time it can be at times.

We will never compete with the big clubs in so many ways but we have to do the basics right. It's the little things that make the difference. There will be people coming along on Sunday who may be first time season ticket holders or haven't had one for a while. What impression does it give when they have to queue up for a temporary ticket because the club couldn't get the ticket out to them in 3 months?

Anyone know if you can request or purchase replacement wallets on an individual basis?

Here you go Rev. Get one of these. You can keep other things in it as well, like money.

I received my ST last week so can't complain, however it's a ruddy poor do to say the least if anyone doesn't receive them by Sunday. You could go as far as saying a potential "PR disaster" if you were that way out.

Guest Kamy100

Got my season ticket through today but my brother's has not arrived, according to the ticket office they were posted at the same time.

Archived