BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] England's Injury Crisis

Strange how you should mention him. Recently on some footy programs i've watched he has been banded around as the perfect player to come in and play alongside Owen. Also along with Matthew Derbyshire, although i do have to add that wasn't in partnership with Owen, Derbyshire was mentioned as a future england pick and commanded a great deal of respect from the panel.

I doubt that Heskey would be recalled but stranger things have happened! My guess would be Dean Ashton.

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Beckham & Dyer were available I doubt he would have got choosen.

But it's fully deserved. He may get on as a sub I reckon.

Well Done Dave :rover:

Anyone else notice how light-weight most of the offensive England players are.

Could be as good a chance as any for Bentley to make his mark - hopefully spur him on a bit for the City match .

I suspect Crouch will start the internationals - which will call for good early crosses as well as using the width and beating the full back . Taylor made for SWP and/or Bentley .

If Beckham & Dyer were available I doubt he would have got choosen.

But it's fully deserved. He may get on as a sub I reckon.

Well Done Dave :rover:

Anyone else notice how light-weight most of the offensive England players are.

so your saying hes only there because of injuries??

if he was would mclaren big him up like he has,saying he deserves to be there, and hes delighted bentley is in the squad, and hes the future, also the reaction from bentley has been fantastic, hes done the talking on the pitch", somehow i dont think its because of injuries bentley is there, i think its down to hardwork, and its fully deserved, hopefully he will get a chance, and a good chance..

Yes he would, because he's an idiot. It was win-win for him. If those two had been fit he would have been able to play the hard-line card again and say that Bentley was still serving his punishment. With the two injured he can say it is water under the bridge and that Bentley is a wonderfully talented player who he always knew would be back in his side who has been punished enough and deserves his place. Either way he was hardly going to either talk him up hugely if he hadn't been selected or downplay his talent and say he was selected only because of injuries.

The guy is fighting for his job and every answer he gives is just a big PR scam. He's trotted out the usual clichés of "they are all big games", "it has been tough ever since I took over" "blah blah blah I'm going bald and can't deal with it".

Yes he would, because he's an idiot. It was win-win for him. If those two had been fit he would have been able to play the hard-line card again and say that Bentley was still serving his punishment. With the two injured he can say it is water under the bridge and that Bentley is a wonderfully talented player who he always knew would be back in his side who has been punished enough and deserves his place.

Be fair , Eddie .

McClaren had no choice but to drop Bentley in the last game . Bentley himself has said that .

If we try and take the blinkers off for a while it has to be concluded that McClaren has played this one right . Even without the injuries to Beckham and co it wouldn't have been earth shattering news for Bentley to be still overlooked - form wise and/or disciplinary wise ..

Now it's up to Bentley to prove his worth to many of the non Blue and White Spec wearers ......and if truth be told , he hasn't exactly set the world on fire thus far this season . SWP has made a better start arguably .

Let's not all get in a huff if he doesn't start . He has to fully earn it first .

Dan from Dunstable has just called sky sports and said that its a disgrace that Bentley is alowed to be picked for the England squad. The guys doing the programme has said that they disagree and the lad didnt have anything to back up his story - little pleb

Agbonglawhore should also never play again, but you don't hear people slating him. Oh I'm sorry its because Stuart Pearce is only angry with Bentley. Bentley shouldn't play for England-he's too good for them.

Oh yes, the guys on the programme put this towards Dan and he went. "Erm, yeah, No, erm erm.........Bentley shouldnt play"

Little twirp

EDIT: Some muppet has just called up (remember they charge 50p per min) to say that Lee Bowyer should be in there and Lampard isnt good enough - who gives these people phones

Be fair , Eddie .

McClaren had no choice but to drop Bentley in the last game . Bentley himself has said that .

If we try and take the blinkers off for a while it has to be concluded that McClaren has played this one right . Even without the injuries to Beckham and co it wouldn't have been earth shattering news for Bentley to be still overlooked - form wise and/or disciplinary wise ..

I totally disagree. I wouldn't have been surprised is if he hadn't been selected this time, his form really isn't good enough. This has nothing to do with my bias for this club, I actually don't mind all that much whether or not a Rovers player is playing for England or whatever country, I really only care about what they are doing for the club, but he could have been in the squad last time. Had I been England then I would have chosen him.

Archived