BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Flag Etiquette

me dads always goin on about his old rattle... :) .....what about when they all had to swap ends at half time too............

The Darwen end was the home stand when I started going. Everyone moved to the Blackburn end before K.O; if we kicked the other way. Moved round at half time whatever.

Guest fernhurstblue
It would be interesting to hear the club's response ..... i wont be able to put my flag up, my mate left it on the 'love bus' back from vetra, think the vodka must have kicked in :)

i presume there has been no repsonse yet from the club glenn ..... maybe they are stuffing ST's into envelope's :lol:

i presume there has been no repsonse yet from the club glenn ..... maybe they are stuffing ST's into envelope's :lol:

Actually they did. It seems like my idea to use unused hordings is a non-starter, because there aren't any. Which would mean that finding somewhere to hang them that doesn't obscure adverts is tricky, and I think they look rubbish laid out of seat (they emphasize the empty seats).

I do intended having a good look around on Sunday incase I get a flash of inspiration.

Thing is, Glenn, if they're wanting atmosphere they have to go some way towards getting it. If fans want to display their flags it shouldn't be beyond the wit of someone at the club to come up with a reasonable idea. Nothing irks me more than to see flags displayed by the opposition together with them being allowed to stand up - no doubt they are allowed to smoke in the ground as well* :angry:

*disclaimer - I hate smoke but I hate the one rule for them and one for us more.

I am in support of this - I think a bit of colour in the way of flags/banners would look great.

I have wanted to get a flag designed for some time but have put it off knowing that Ewood isn't really a flag friendly place at the moment.

Great idea by Fernhustblue re the MyPa idea - if people are serious about this then we need everyone who comes on BRFCS finds out about it by pinning this thread which would then encourage people to post telling us that they are bringing one.

Guest fernhurstblue

well after having a good look around yesterday, the only spaces i could see for flags was the corners of the bbe top tier and the front of the bbe bottom tier ..... looks like plans may have to be re-thought.

Just got a positive email from Tom Finn on this, not the ideal situation I'd hoped for, but a good alternative by the club.

However, today is a stupidly busy day at work, so I'll give some more details tonight (after the atmosphere meet thing in the Ewood Arms tonight).

Guest fernhurstblue

i wont be able to make the meeting tonight ..... had another child since i packed in the brisa/ff thing, any chance of a copy of the e-mail to my inbox?

Guest fernhurstblue
Just got a positive email from Tom Finn on this, not the ideal situation I'd hoped for, but a good alternative by the club.

However, today is a stupidly busy day at work, so I'll give some more details tonight (after the atmosphere meet thing in the Ewood Arms tonight).

wasn't the idea suggested in the e-mail tried a few years ago and fizzled out very quickly? ps - when i went passed the ewood arms tonight it looked very closed to me :unsure:

Can you share it with us Glenn? :tu:

Archived