SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Too Posh To Sing ?

Glenn

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest fernhurstblue

have any idea's been forward yet that are workable and WEREN'T included in the brisa document re: atmosphere, etc? ..... for glenn really that one :)

<_< Sod that! I`m not wearing any choirboy gear.......at least not in public anyroad! :unsure:

Why not get a bit of banter going amongst the crowd? example.....remember the old "the east side, the west side" chants of the old BBE. Or "Riverside Riverside give us a song?"

I find that whiskey also works a treat to dampen those inhibitions :tu:

I think that'd be great... encourages the quiet ones to join in.

There's something like that at my local team, Hull. As the city is split by a river... there is the East side and the West side...

matchday chant; one lot chants "East Hull Tigers!" ...which is replied with "West Hull Tigers!"...and so on...

A question for you Glenn.

Although good to see you make a reappearance can we expect you to stick around and see out these ideas you occassionally spring on us?

Eh, I've logged on almost every morning before work for years now ? Just because I don't post, doesn't mean I'm not here.

If you're talking about BRISA, then, well, I seem to remember lots of people being behind it, but suddenly everyone thinks I'm the only one capable (or stupid enough, or mug enough) of carrying it on.

And I should also point out, this isn't "my" initiative either, there are at least half a dozen people involved, it wasn't even my idea, I just agreed to publicize the meeting on here (although I do whole heartedly stand behind the idea).

Now that looks great, would love to be involved in that.

Cant remember which team it was, but one of the UEFA cup games last season, there were probably only 100 fans, but they were being orchestrated by one bloke, and they were all swaying in sync, it looked superb, shame there weren't more of them.

Eh, I've logged on almost every morning before work for years now ? Just because I don't post, doesn't mean I'm not here.

If you're talking about BRISA, then, well, I seem to remember lots of people being behind it, but suddenly everyone thinks I'm the only one capable (or stupid enough, or mug enough) of carrying it on.

Thank's for replying. I wasn't actually referring to BRISA btw but thanks for the clarification.

And I should also point out, this isn't "my" initiative either, there are at least half a dozen people involved, it wasn't even my idea, I just agreed to publicize the meeting on here (although I do whole heartedly stand behind the idea).

Sounds like the BRISA project. <_<

Good luck though.

That is class footage ! Now THAT is what a drum is for !!!!! I'm up for some of that, can't do it at the breezeblock, fulham or Pompey though, the grounds would collapse!

Semi Final, Yes, cracking atmosphere, as was the worthy cup final, however, don't forget, people are up for those occasion(s) and organise to go with their mates & relatives etc in certain area's, which helps.

Either way, we should be looking to make much more noise @ Ewood (And Away) as a matter of principle & this should be easier with our numbers likely to be up ?

<We did get them to trial unreserved seating last season, but it wasn't very well publicized. > Glenn

Too right....which match and stand was that? Seems like it was a half-hearted effort by the club, a bit like the feeble attempt to share the majestic Super Rovers (c Feyenoord ) chant in the Uefa home tie against Nancy.

An unreserved seating area in the BBE is the solution to a number of problems with the current supporter experience at Ewood (as I've bored folk before).

Sitting in neither stand, I'll bet a fuller Riverside (rumble and all) gives the BBE a run for its money in the supporting stakes this season...

Awsome!! Replace the BBE concrete floor with a rubber one! :tu:

It is impressive though & only takes a bit of organisation/leadership.

I'll bet a fuller Riverside (rumble and all) gives the BBE a run for its money in the supporting stakes this season...

we`ll be trying our best! :rover:

It's a fans-phenomenon (jumping) you see in Holland and Germany all the time, but not in England, right? The 'wave'-effect with a lot of noise (I actually do believe players must feel some of the vibration on the pitch too)

And let me see...

Ein-tracht-Frank-Furt..(4 syllables)

Black-burn-Ro-Vers...(4!)

So all watch, and practise...! (I would love to live in Blackburn and do this every week and week again!)

And about the singing against each other: These are the Saint Etienne fans, who have two HUGE stands full of fans who'll always sing 'against' each other. Great for the atmosphere in the stadium.

We have a long way to go!

When we have a stand FULL of supporters like 'roversmum' - ie "we pay to watch in our own way" - then it will be very difficult to persuade them that by getting involved they may not only have a good time themselves, but also make Ewood Park a more attractive location for the new/floating football fan.

Presumably the likes of Dortmund, Eintracht Frankfurt, St Ettienne etc have a section of older supporters?

We have a long way to go!

When we have a stand FULL of supporters like 'roversmum' - ie "we pay to watch in our own way" - then it will be very difficult to persuade them that by getting involved they may not only have a good time themselves, but also make Ewood Park a more attractive location for the new/floating football fan.

Presumably the likes of Dortmund, Eintracht Frankfurt, St Ettienne etc have a section of older supporters?

Saint Etienne have, yeah. But in Germany everybody is shouting and jumping along. Pregnant mothers, little children. I even remember I saw img_7245.jpg those two jumping along last time. Real different way of going and 'encounter' a football match over in Germany (some of the Dutch clubs have those 'tiffosi-teams' these days too, Ajax have got 'Vak 410' inspired on the Italian & French way of supporting, lots of flags, singing and jumping for 90 minutes long ---> great atmosphere, very impressive to see). If you can get only one section of the Riverside/BE grouping together and start initiatives like these...that would DEFINETELY attract newbs/floaters.

I think the problem here is with Ewood being all seater.If they made the bottom tier of the BBE all terracing i am sure the atmosphere would be greatly improved.Then if you want to sing and jump around then the BBE is for you,if not there are 2 other stands to go at! :rover:

I think the problem here is with Ewood being all seater.If they made the bottom tier of the BBE all terracing i am sure the atmosphere would be greatly improved.Then if you want to sing and jump around then the BBE is for you,if not there are 2 other stands to go at! :rover:

I see. I think the all-seater has to do with FA-rules and safety? Still though - if you can get a group of say 300 together at one point of the stand (center-part preferred - earth-quake effect), the result of that could be amazing. Everyone could stand up without being in the way of someone else, and to be quite honest, I think everybody enjoys an atmosphere as showed in the vids above.

Archived