BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Mypa-47 V Rovers

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Started off very well...Roberts looks very lively and looks as though he can drift past the Mypa defence at will. Roques goal was a great first touch to the outside then left footed drilled it across the keeper into the far corner.

Eurosport saying we could score at will, if we could stop giving the ball away easily, and get a foot stuck in....

Giving the ball away easily sounds like Rovers... but not getting stuck in? That should change I would think.

correcttion, I read it wrong, that text says they aren't putting their foot on the ball... different connotation, then.

Eurosport saying we could score at will, if we could stop giving the ball away easily, and get a foot stuck in....

Giving the ball away easily sounds like Rovers... but not getting stuck in? That should change I would think.

correcttion, I read it wrong, that text says they aren't putting their foot on the ball... different connotation, then.

The midfield is all over the place (looks like Dunn and Savage can't work together as neither one is sitting) and we keep on give the ball away.

To be fair though why stick the boot in risking an injury when we have a pretty big game in front of us at home to Arsenal on Sunday, one that we need a fully fit team for.

From eurosport

"GOOOAAAALLLLLLLLL!!!! Roque Santa Cruz runs through the defence and blasts a left foot across the keeper and into the far corner. Cracking finish!"

Hope they can attach his foot back on, i take it the ball went in too!

Agree with Exiled. Poor from back to front. Midfield all over the place and Roberts first touch, with his back to goal, is poor. Dunn looks bobbins. 1-0 up though.

We certainly need a quality all round midfielder - each one in our squad has their merits, but they're all limited and some can't play together.

We certainly need a quality all round midfielder - each one in our squad has their merits, but they're all limited and some can't play together.

If Reid regains full fitness, he'll be our quality all round midfielder. I know there's no guarantee he'll get back to how he was, but I don't think we should be spending money on that kind of player before Reid has had a chance to prove himself. If he's still struggling in January then maybe we can reconsider.

Hughes really should be making Savage stay in a proper defensive role. Dunn offers far more going forward, and Savage does have good defensive attributes, but he's practically useless to us when he gets near the opposiion box. A defensive role probably doesn't make the most of Savage's stamina and commitment, but just because he is willing and able to cover lots of ground, that doesn't mean he should. Just look at Owen Hargreaves, he has brilliant stamina and is as equally committed as Savage, but he knows the strongest part of his game is defense and disciplines himself for the good of the team. If Savage could do the same I feel we'd be a far more organised unit.

Archived