BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Mypa-47 V Rovers

Mypas pressure was close to counting for nothing there with a backpass from the defender sliding past the keeper and just past the post...

Nearly happened again there...

Derbyshire on for Roberts...

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From Lee:

51 MINS: Rovers fans are chanting my name again I give them a wave, this time they notice.

50 MINS: Rovers fans are chanting my name! I give them a wave, not sure if they noticed though!

:D

And this ref is awful

He certainly has, bottled out of giving us a few free kicks outside the box and the yellow given to Bentley was a joke.

Could see us knicking a 2nd before Full Time here.

I cant remember seeing Rovers win and feeling so disappointed as I do tonight. That was embarrassing. We were so poor and if we play like that against Arsenal, Everton and City then we have no chance. Bentley, Pedersen, Roberts, Warnock, Dunny were so off form that I couldnt believe it. My only consolation is that we are not yet match fit. Thank goodness I am on holiday for the second leg

Very frustrating game tonight. Our corners were shcoking throughout the game. I don't think we had a single one that caused even the slightest bit of danger. If hitting it to the far post for a Nelsen knock back doesn't work after the second attempt, don't try another four times! Otherwise, Pedersen and bentley seemed incapable of beating the first man. It really is unforgiveable at this level to take such poor corners. With players like Samba, Nelsen, Santa Cruz and Roberts in the side, we should be looking to pick out a runner or at least pick somebody out.

But at least we completely controlled the game in the first half. In the second, we were pretty poor. I was very disapointed with Oiijer tonight. On the back of such a good season, I thought that Emerton would be a regular starter this season. He certainly would have been a better option against such a poor defensive minded side as MyPa. Towards the end, when we desperately wanted to increase the tempo, get the ball down and play and run at the opposition to open up some space, he seemed intent on just hoofing the ball up in the air and spurning any good attacking opportunity we had. I was also a little disapointed with Dunn, who didn't drive forward nearly enough tonight.

On the plus side, Santa Cruz's goal was top class and he and Roberts were impressive first half. We didn't get any injuries and we have an away goal to take back to Ewood. But we'll need to play a hell of a lot better than that to beat Arsenal on Sunday.

Always difficult to judge games like that and how much to read into the performance, but no matter how good or bad we were we go the job done and came away with a clean sheet. Would have been great to have won by a few, but we are still well in control and it is good to see Santa Cruz score another well taken goal. We never got out of first gear, if that, so I don't think it gives us any indication of how we'll manage against Arsenal.

The only thing I will say is that once again there seemed to be a slight problem at central midfield, but it seems Hughes is happy to sit on his hand with this one, so we better hope that things sort themselves out.

Archived