• Warnock
    • Bentley
    • Savage
    • Dunn
    • Pedersen
    • Santa Cruz
    • Derbyshire
    • Ooijer

I'm just annoyed that because of the controversial penalty decision at Anfield, everyone has conveniently ignored the fact that Fabregas cleared Samba's shot off the line with his arm. This didn't count however, as the referee blew his whistle for an imaginary free-kick for Arsenal. In my opinion, Wiley had just as bad a game as Stiles did this weekend and also robbed us of three points.

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With the coverage of the higher profile games of course the Refs Association are forced to act, so as to be seen that they are doing something. Although I would like them to crack down on the ref's that ref at the lesser games too. Althoughmaybe it's asking a bit too much :rolleyes:

With the coverage of the higher profile games of course the Refs Association are forced to act, so as to be seen that they are doing something. Although I would like them to crack down on the ref's that ref at the lesser games too. Althoughmaybe it's asking a bit too much :rolleyes:

When you say "lesser games", how far down the pyramid are you talking? I hope you are not talking about grass roots football. It is a hard enough job to ensure that every game in local leagues are covered by qualified referees who have all undertaken the CRB checks. Yes, it is known that some referees are more experienced than others, hence the grading but every referee should be encouraged. You should try it sometime.

Amazing picture. I LOVE how Bentley goes straight up to Lehman to rub it in.

EDIT: or have I seen thing wrong, is Bentley actually celebrating in front of the fans? I don't suppose anybody on here, who was behind the goal can remember?

he actually jumped on Lehmann whilst celebrating :P quite surprised Lehmann didn't hit Bentley when it happend.

he actually jumped on Lehmann whilst celebrating :P quite surprised Lehmann didn't hit Bentley when it happend.

Hahaha that is absolutely fantastic. I know that Bentley didn't exactly enjoy his time at Arsenal, but I thought he had been shipped out to Norwich by the time Lehmann had signed for Arsenal?

Hahaha that is absolutely fantastic. I know that Bentley didn't exactly enjoy his time at Arsenal, but I thought he had been shipped out to Norwich by the time Lehmann had signed for Arsenal?

Lehmann joined for the 03/04 season. Bentley joined Norwich on loan in 04/05.

Only just had chance to comment on Sunday's game, so apologies if this has been posted elsewhere.

Thought we were magnificent second half coming back from a goal down against a very good side (when they aren't play acting) after Brad uncharacteristically gifted them the opener.

Not overly concerned or surprised by the fact by the fact Wiley was completely biased in favour of one of the "big 4" - we've seen this every season from various refs for the last fifteen years.

What I am worried about is that this bias seems to be getting worse to the extent that that refs are now re-writing the laws of the game and making it up as they go along!

It seems that when it is a game involving a media darling such as Arsenal or West Ham a goal can now be given when a ball doesn't cross the line or not given when it does!

Against Arsenal MGP nudged Lehmann behind the goaline holding the ball. Clear foul admittedly, but if a foul is not given, the laws of the game dictate it HAS to be a goal. Wiley ignored the incident altogether, and the linesman, no doubt horrified Wiley hadn't blown up did his best "nothing to do with me guv" impression and pretended he hadn't seen it.

Wiley and his officials should be suspended by the FA and Premier league until they give a satisfactory explanation as to why they ignored the Lehmann/Pedersen incident.

Wenger is a whinging french ___. Honestly, he fears Blackburn, as we are strong and give as good as we get. He has to look back to that dodgy FA Cup final in 2005 when we were dirty to excuse himself for any other result apart from a win. But then what did you expect from a team with the likes of Dickov, Savage and Todd, that was battling to stay in the Premiership at the time? Boo hoo Mr. Wenger, we won't let Fabregas moonwalk the ball into the net, it's just not fair is it diddums? Funny how one of the best players they had, Dennis Bergkamp made a habit of elbowing and stamping on Nissa Johansson every time they played against each other has left your memory Mr. Wenger. God I hate that tosser.

Wenger is a whinging french ___. Honestly, he fears Blackburn, ....

And that is exactly why he said we were violent. He fears we are strong enough to finish above Arsenal this season so he thinks cos he is a "big" manager he can stir the pot a bit and "remind" everyone that we are a "violent" team. Come the end of the season and thanks to a number of refs who have subconsciously taken this on board we finish below Arsenal by a couple of points which we would otherwise have got had we not had numerous silly sendings off/ penalties / suspensions from bookings. Why can't he just surrender in style like a good 'ol Frenchie?

Just to remind everyone - all the previews will be moved here so that comments can be added throughout the season. Of course you can still vote for the man of the match until the end of the season, when they will be added up and a result will be reached.

Archived