• Dunn
    • Pedersen
    • Santa Cruz
    • Derbyshire
    • Ooijer

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rovers to grind out a result here scoring at least 2. 2-1 Methinks.

I am eagerly awaiting the day McCarthy and Santa Cruz play as a pairing, I hope it happens on Sunday but my worry is will they be able to strike up the partnership quickly.

advise please:

my mate is an arsenal fan and has just ordered us 2 tickets for sundays game, he did it online via our website, how likely is it we will receive them tomorrow, as im rather sceptical of a next day delivery and if it doesnt arrive anyone know what we can do about it?

Remember season 92/93 the opening home game of The Premier League versus ARSENAL.

After a more than creditable result at Palace Rovers new centre forward notched 2 scorchers (Shearer was his name) as we drew 3-3.

Ewood Park was full of optimism as the Arse rode into town for the opening home match.

Result was 1-0 Rovers with Shearer again scoring the goal on his home debut.

Can Rovers NEW forward RSC repeat the heroics in a similar scoreline ?

After a rousing chorus of remembering our favourite supporter in Uncle Jack, RSC savours the cracking atmosphere with a Benniesque strike into the top corner !

For me it has to be 1-0 Rovers :brfc:

i hope we annihilate them, we owe them a pasting from past results.

the last time we done that was when matty jansen scored a hatrick on route to winning the Worthington Cup, happy days :)

Cruz is on fire, if we can supply him with the chances it could be a tidy game.

the first home premiership game of the season, we are going to have immense support after we done the business at boro and if we are aiming for champions league then these are the games we need to win imo.

Arsenal of late are not the best traveling side, if we get at them and in their faces we have a chance.

my side would be

friedel

ooijer samba nelsen warnock

bentley savage dunn pedersen

derbyshire santa cruz

my prediction 4-0 Rovers!!!!

Ewood is bouncing and the henry loss kicks in for arsenal.

Can't wait for this one...been excited since I booked the flights 3 weeks ago. Hope its a better showing than my previous Arsenal game at Ewood with Alan Fettis in nets, Callum Davidson making his debut and a young Nicolas Anelka putting Arsenal 3-0 up after 15 minutes. If we can have the strike partnership of Benni and Roque as well as Robbie Savage giving it his all and getting stuck into Fabregas I feel we could knick this game 2-1. Hopefully the cloud over David Bentley regarding his England squad exclusion will act as a motivation along with playing against his former club...2 points to prove for MrBentley.

Most importantly a recommendation for a pre match bevvy or two?

To strong for us in CM, and generally they have too much pace for us

You mean you're not quite convinced by Dunny either ?

I'd start with Tugay . If he tires bring on the Axe if we're winning ; Dunny if we're desperate .

A draw for me .....maybe we can even pinch it if the forwards are given the right service by the wingers .

advise please:

my mate is an arsenal fan and has just ordered us 2 tickets for sundays game, he did it online via our website, how likely is it we will receive them tomorrow, as im rather sceptical of a next day delivery and if it doesnt arrive anyone know what we can do about it?

TBH I'm surprised the site offered you delivery for next day unless there was an option for using Special Delivery post. If the tickets don't arrive you will probably be able to pick them up on match day. Before trying the ticket office you should try the ticket collection point, which in fact looks a bit like a mobile shop - it's located opposite the ticket office, next door to the club shop. I suspect there wil be queues on Sunday so get there early. They will ask for the credit card that was used to book the tickets.

We saw MGP in the Trafford Centre yesterday (nice bloke - my kids were chuffed when he posed for a photo with them - taller than you imagine) and he said the team played badly on Thursday but they've got a really good feeling about Sunday - they're up for it. Here's hoping...

I'm feeling confident about this one. We've shown we have the tactics to suppress Arsenal's creativity and the class to nick one.

I'd be very surprised if the Axe doesn't start with tomorrow.

Rovers 1 - l'Arse 0. Not a classic but bragging rights for me at work on Monday.

Sorry to say I am dreading this one! So far we have shown very little for me to get excited about! Arsenal have been equally lack lustre... If I had to put money on who would come back to the boil...

Don't for get we have now played 4 competative games (OK 3 in the intertoto) to Arsenal's 2... we have no excuse for not being match fit.

To be honest I'd be happy with a no-score draw, I think those expecting more are too optomistic. Then again I'd love to be proved wrong....

Archived