BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Carling Cup

cn174

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think its a good draw for Rovers and a game with which our back up players can excel themselves.

There are 4 all premiership games so we are already down to 13 of the elite clubs after this round with one of Newcastle or Arsenal out already.

BCFC to get a spanking :rolleyes: savage style

Tricky home tie against a premier league side. It could have been worse but we also could have got an easier side.

I think we can win it though. :)

The Dingles got Pompey. I'll find it hard to choose who to cheer on there....only joking! ;)

Actually I'd like us to knock them out and it would be fun to tease Pompey fans in school if they lost! :D

Although it's not thye greatest tie at least there's some interest there. A lot of bad blood between the clubs and the ex-player links means that it's a game that we really don't want to be losing. Someone like Southend or Luton at home would have been easier but it's still a home side against 'inferior' opposition. We can hardly complain.

Good enough draw here, but will certainly be a tough enough encounter.

I'm sure Hughes will be playing a strong enough team, as he's still searching for 1st piece of silverware.

Anyone know what date this game is expected to take place?

AI'm happy with thne draw,especially at Ewood.A lot better than drawing Chelsea.I think we have a good chance of winning it this season.

Lets hope Dunn and Savage get a game,be nice to wind the Brummies up.

It just says games commencing September 24th.

Lets hope Dunn and Savage get a game,be nice to wind the Brummies up.

It just says games commencing September 24th.

Cheers Ewood. Looks as though I won't be able ot make it though!

Will be good for both of the lads to get a run out. Dunnie wasn't overly concerned at missing out on Thursday's fixture as he was more focused on Man City game, but I'm sure he would relish a game against Brum. Will he try is 'passing-trick' that never pulled off to gain a bit of publicity??

Cheers Ewood. Looks as though I won't be able ot make it though!

Will be good for both of the lads to get a run out. Dunnie wasn't overly concerned at missing out on Thursday's fixture as he was more focused on Man City game, but I'm sure he would relish a game against Brum. Will he try is 'passing-trick' that never pulled off to gain a bit of publicity??

You've just reminded me about the Dunn and Souness saga,when Dunn was last here.

I think his words were something like "I'm after a work horse ,not a show poney" :rolleyes:

With Sparky around Dunn can be the showman we all want to see.He's looking good,and a lot fitter too.

I think it's a bit unfair unfair to compare him to Tyrone though :rover:

I would have rather this had been away for convienience (Only about 10 minutes away from where I work!) but this has got excellent bragging potential at work!

All the kids support Birmingham City and are forever telling me how rubbish Blackburn are! I hope we stuff them!!!!

It's going to be a tough game. Birmingham are one of the strongest team in the country, with probably the biggest fan base and most passionate fans, and the best up-and-coming manager, im sure we will be punished if we do not take the blues seriously.

I take it your post is tongue in cheek YS.

Brum are one of the strongest teams, thats why they are near the bottom of the league holding almost everyone up !

Brum live and play in the second city and yes they do have a vast audience to play too but the fact of the matter is they dont !

As for passionate, I have seen more enthusiasm at a post mortem !

Steve Bruce is without doubt one of the missing muppet show characters that Jim Henson lost travelling to Europe !

As for Rovers being punished for not taking the game seriously, well I dont think for one minute Mr Hughes will allow that. We will be on the ball and wanting to make another semi final at least.

:brfc:

I take it your post is tongue in cheek YS.

Brum are one of the strongest teams, thats why they are near the bottom of the league holding almost everyone up !

Brum live and play in the second city and yes they do have a vast audience to play too but the fact of the matter is they dont !

As for passionate, I have seen more enthusiasm at a post mortem !

Steve Bruce is without doubt one of the missing muppet show characters that Jim Henson lost travelling to Europe !

As for Rovers being punished for not taking the game seriously, well I dont think for one minute Mr Hughes will allow that. We will be on the ball and wanting to make another semi final at least.

:brfc:

Lost your sense of humour of course it was tongue in cheek and a good bit of northern humour for a singaporean

In a perfect world this would've been at St Andrews - walking distance from my house. As it is I'm looking forward to walking into my local with a massive grin the next day.

Rovers 6 - Big Club 0 (hattrick each for Dunny and Sav).

OT: When Liverpool thumped them 7-0 the other year Midlands Today (BBC local news) showed the goals to the tune of The Magnificent Seven.

Shame about the draw- I know its winnable and all that, but wouldnt it be nice to have a interesting draw, ie away to a league 1 or 2 team. People my age, havent discovered the delights of blackpool or morecamb or Hull on a tues night! Instead its boring old prem opposition (again!), brum as well only 2 weeks before we play em in the league! Oh well, roll on the 4th round!

Can't see this posted anywhere. From official site:-

Rovers V Brimingham - League Cup -Wednesday September 26th 2007

Tickets for this game will go on sale on Wednesday 5th September.

Season Ticket holders have until close of business on Wednesday 12 September to claim their own seats for this game.

Adults Season Ticket Holders: £10.00

Concessions: £5.00

Adult non-Season Ticket Holders: £15.00

Which is nice. :tu:

Guest fernhurstblue

just used the online ticketing system for the first time, had all my season ticket seat details already completed for me, all i had to do was enter my card details ..... seemed quite simple to me, although knowing this board i am sure someone will have summat to complain about!

:blink:

Archived