BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Gay Men!

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pugg...."You really do just insult people instead of engaging in a debate, don't ya?"

Welcome to BRFCs.co.uk bud! :tu:

Thenodrog could start an arguement in an empty room..... :lol: but we love him dearly ;)

I think anyone with half a brain could see what you were alluding to...

The little wink at the end, the fact that I have started this discussion, your previous comments etc etc. I don't even know why I am replying to you lol, your always trying to wind people up.

So for your knowledge...if you were alluding to me, it is pretty impossible for me to be a gay male, as I am female. Not that it matters, but I just wanted to let you know that there is no other motive for me to start this discussion, than for the sake of a nice little debate. Mind you, it might have been a better experiment if I had pretended to be. I take it you wont have a discussion about something like this because you are scared that someone might accuse you of being gay? Or are you not happy in your own sexuality Theno?

If I remember right thenodog posted about being bummed on an away trip a few season back. A few people made a couple of jokes and he didn't like it and got upset. Strange really as for someone who claims to be as straight as a die he got very defensive. Insecure, is the word that springs to mind.

Reminds me of Sam Kinnison's reaction when Tom Selleck got upset for being put on Sam's poster for "Absolutely Queer."

He said something to the effect that he meant it as a joke and didn't really think he was gay until he got so upset about it.

If I remember right thenodog posted about being bummed on an away trip a few season back. A few people made a couple of jokes and he didn't like it and got upset.

Eh? Can you provide a link Manc? I can't rem ever 'being bummed' on an away trip and I really do think I would have done.

It doesn't matter to me. I am quite open minded and quite frankly I couldn't care less if a bloke dressed up as a woman and called himself Rita at the weekends. As long as someone doesn't intentionally hurt anyone or take advantage of anyone, and what they do is between two consenting adults, then it is up to them and I'll judge each person on their personality.

I used to be involved in Theatre, and came across quite a few gays there, male and female. Found them generally to be much more sensitive, helpful and caring than straight people. In that environment people were accepted as they were, no problem. Can't quite understand the problem with religion, because to my way of thinking if God created them the way they are there's not much anyone can do about it except accept them and I don't really see any reason not to.

Happier if what happens between them stays that way, though, don't really want to think or know about the details. Not altogether sure about gay 'marriages' and gay couples having children by whatever means, the problem isn't the children themselves but how peers will treat them knowing that their 'parents' are gay.

I once knew a couple of transsexuals through work, I felt so sorry for them. Imagine growing up knowing that you are in the wrong body and having to go through all that trauma and then being ostracized for wanting a sex change. One of them had got so used to being attacked that she carried a knife around and then got into trouble with the police for carrying a weapon! She was quite tall and was obviously 'different' and was a target for local yobs. Another I knew was luckier being quite small and the change was easier for her, only problem was she kept running off with other people's husbands.

"Down the years I could easily have been accused of being gay. I was a bit different - I modelled for Giorgio Armani, sparking rumours over which designers wanted to get into my pants; I practised yoga; I read, I paint. I've been to The Boardwalk - a gay club in Manchester - although I was with my wife at the time, and I've even driven past the local gay dogging spot in Devon - there were a couple of guys in tight black shorts and vests looking like Village People try-outs.

I have a number of gay friends and although they wouldn't want me shouting from the rooftops about their sexuality, I'd like to encourage them to come out. I accept that it's easy for me to say that, but how many more years will it be before we can talk openly about gay men playing professional football? From next season homophobic chanting is outlawed, which is a start. It'll still take some sort of new age hero to be the first to come out, but I just hope, for football's sake, that it happens soon."

David James' fee for this article will be donated to Stonewall

Kinell Matt! :rolleyes:

Many straight men are able to talk about homosexuality and be in favour of gay rights without necessarily being gay themselves. It comes from being comfortable in one's heterosexuality.

You imply something and then when I take it the way you implied it, you attempt to change meanings.

You really do just insult people instead of engaging in a debate, don't ya? I noticed your the person who started tha A-Levels thread, maybe there is a link there somewhere, between mocking people with formal qualifications and being unable to discuss things in an intellectual manner.

You're new here aren't you? ;)

You're new here aren't you? ;)

Is it that obvious? :)

I take it I was stating the obvious hehe.

Good post Roversmum. On the subject of civil partnerships, like I said before if it's between two consenting adults I have no problems, so I agree with them. It doesn't really affect anyone else other than the two people involved, who just want to show their feelings for each other. As for gay parents, that is more sensitive. In a way it is a good thing because they can go through the proper channels and in the case of adoption they have to prove that they would be good parents etc. I mean it would be quite possible for one of the couple to get pregnant/get someone else pregnant anyway by a one night stand etc. I know the child might suffer some bullying because of it but I suppose kids will always find a reason to pick on someone if it's their nature anyway. I know a gay woman who has a daughter of 15 (all be it from her previous marriage) and at school kids think it is cool :lol: .

Somehow I get the impression that he's only thinking about himself ; promoting the image of an ever so liberal , modern footballer - not thick like those others who don't go to art galleries and practise yoga .

Just another pretentious , self regarding to$$er . He'll be claiming to be an intellectual soon .

I've got to pull you up on that Phil. David James is in fact one of the nicest guys in football. He is clever, he is articulate, he is not a greedy, gold digging self centred mercenary to$$er like 99.9% of the rest of them. Did you know he does not and to my knowledge has never made a single penny from any of his personal endorsements? They all go into his foundation that helps underpriviliged kids in the UK and in Africa.

He is a model professional (literally) and if there were a few more like him, footballers might not have the shabby reputation they have at the moment.

And for the record, I'm not a puff either. :rolleyes:

Somehow I get the impression that he's only thinking about himself ; promoting the image of an ever so liberal , modern footballer - not thick like those others who don't go to art galleries and practise yoga .

Just another pretentious , self regarding to$$er . He'll be claiming to be an intellectual soon .

......and looking at the goal he let in today , perhaps he should be concentrating on another disturbing aspect of today's football .........his own all too frequent errors in goal !

This is quite rare...but I actually agree with you. :lol:

Didn't agree with the first part though.

I bet every man here secretly admires Captain Jack from Dr. Who! I think the issue with gay footballers is like that of Penguins going into the sea.None of them wants to be the first into the water as they think there is a Leopard Seal lurking under the water (i.e. abuse from thousands of supporters every time they play). However, once the first few fall in, the others may follow. No-one wants to be the first to stand up and take the inevitable abuse.

And having Justin Fashanu as the first prominent footballer to be openly gay doesn't help either. He was quite an outrageous character from what I gather.

A few years ago, I was at a sportsmans lunch. On our table was "Smiffy", an Arsenal supporting colleague (definitely not a mate). The guy giving the talk was an ex rugby league player called Mario Fenech, as far as league players go Mario was a decent sort of bloke. Mario played some of his league with an openly gay footballer called Ian Roberts. He too, was a pleasant bloke, but built like the proverbial brick Sh1thouse. A big guy.

Anyway, after his talk, Mario asks if there are any questions, so up stands "smiffy" and says, " 'ere, Mario, what's it like sticking your head in a scrum with a faggot?" To say there was a stunned silence would be an understatement. Mario nearly swallowed the mic, but give him his due he answered the question, without any homophobic references.

"Smiffy" hasn't been invited back to any more lunches or for a beer at our club.

I've got to pull you up on that Phil. David James is in fact one of the nicest guys in football. He is clever, he is articulate, he is not a greedy, gold digging self centred mercenary to$$er like 99.9% of the rest of them.

OK , Chesh , maybe I was a bit ....err ...hard on him . He does come across as a decent sort of bloke actually .

Just don't agree with his stance on woofters . :blink:

The biggest problem I have with the whole homosexual issue is with one particular argument put by those that are overly eager to push homosexual rights. That is that all homosexuals are born that way.

I believe that people can be born homosexual... definitely so. However, I don't believe that 100% of "homosexuals" were born that way, or will stay that way for that matter.

I believe a great deal of homosexual claimants have chosen it as a lifestyle choice, or are merely experimenting with it as they find themselves in their youth. I've heard of tidbit's here and there of homosexuals who have settled down to happy heterosexual lives... but I get the feeling pushing such stories would not sit well with the gay lobby.

Hey, and to be fair, I've heard many stories going the other way (hetrosexuals breaking up marriages because they have discovered their homosexuality).

As usual, extremism often drowns out the moderate point of view.

Is it that obvious? :)

I take it I was stating the obvious hehe.

Good post Roversmum. On the subject of civil partnerships, like I said before if it's between two consenting adults I have no problems, so I agree with them. It doesn't really affect anyone else other than the two people involved, who just want to show their feelings for each other. As for gay parents, that is more sensitive. In a way it is a good thing because they can go through the proper channels and in the case of adoption they have to prove that they would be good parents etc. I mean it would be quite possible for one of the couple to get pregnant/get someone else pregnant anyway by a one night stand etc. I know the child might suffer some bullying because of it but I suppose kids will always find a reason to pick on someone if it's their nature anyway. I know a gay woman who has a daughter of 15 (all be it from her previous marriage) and at school kids think it is cool :lol: .

Just out of curiosity (the Mrs and I were discussing it the other day - starting to read Under the Banner of Heaven) what do you think about men being legally able to have multiple wives?

There was a friend in my sister's grade who's parents had divorced and both decided that they were gay (or the other way around, not sure) and then each lived with a new person. The girl was never really made fun of, I think when you are young the other children didn't really understand and by the time they were old enough to use it as material I think you are at that age where life is either going to be horrible or ok anyway.

I personally don't have a problem with gay couples adopting, I'm sure they are capable parents and will do a better job than a lot of couples out there.

Archived