BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bolton Already Doomed ?

I'd throw a party and supply all the free drink anybody could ever want if both Bolton AND Newcastle were to go down. Newcastle in the Championship would be a dream come true.

flops can we pin this !!!!! free drinky poo's for all .....happpy days

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TBH I hated Bolton when Fat Sam was manager, but now Megson is manager I would quite like them to stary up.

Why? Because Megson is a shameless filthy b*stard who will do whatever it takes to scab a win, whereas Fat Sam saw himself as some tactical genius, who was, infact, just a filthy b*stard.

All hail the Messiah Megson!!

The same could happen to us if Hughes left, but the big difference is the quality of players we already have. To be honest they have Jussi, Anelka and Diouf who are good - 1 has left, 1 is out of contract in 3 months and 1 will probably want to go if they drop down. They showed a big lack of ambition in January by selling Anelka (which couldnt be argued with) but then replacing him with about 3 defenders and a championship striker on loan.

Don't speak too soon. They had a lot of players who were good last season who are just not performing this term - Stelios, Nolan, Davies. Also Ben Haim left.

I could easily see us in a position where many of our players fail to perform if the manager is lost and our morale fails. Just look at Nelsen, McCarthy and Pedersen this season. It only takes an injury, loss of enthusiasm or a loss of confidence.

Souness' side consisting of Worthy Cup winners and a sixth place the following season disintegrated into relegation fodder in a year. Duff was the only substantial loss (Dunn hardly played in the 2002/2003 season due to injury and falling out with Souness). Players lose their rhythm quickly.

Would love to see Bolton (and the 'mighty' Newcastle) relegated... :D

Although nobody from about Wigan down can really count themselves out of it, personally I would say Bolton and one of Fulham/Sunderland/Brum are the ones more likely to take the drop looking at the remaining games.

Just have a feeling that the point they got against Brum could be a livesaver - I think they will beat both Fulham and Reading at home and pick up points against Sunderland and Wham which will be just enough to keep them up.

Looks like it could all depend on what they do against each other down there as there are some interesting games.

Boro v Derby

Newc v Ful

Reading v Brum

Derby v Ful

Ful v Sun

New v Reading

Wigan v Brum

Reading v Ful

Boro v Notlob

New v Sun

Sun v Boro

Wigan v Reading

Notlob v Sun

Ful v Brum

Things are definitely falling apart at the Bbk.

Meite is reported to have refused to play after Megson's HT team talk at OT and is now going to be shipped out as soon as the window opened.

Yeah i saw this too, not sure many teams will want him after thats been made public, expect a £7 million pound bid from Newcastle this summer. My girlfriend and her family are Bolton fans ST holders and everything, so if they go down then its gunna be a nightmare. I keep telling them they will be ok, but lets be real they are well relegated with the run in they have.

I think we can all say Little Sam was a big mistake for them, they were a top 10 team in Europe and doing well there must have been a few better managers out there for them. Glen Roader would have been good as would Coleman. Anyway what do I care means we don't have to get ripped off at a secound rate stadium next year.

Yeah i saw this too, not sure many teams will want him after thats been made public, expect a £7 million pound bid from Newcastle this summer. My girlfriend and her family are Bolton fans ST holders and everything, so if they go down then its gunna be a nightmare. I keep telling them they will be ok, but lets be real they are well relegated with the run in they have.

I think we can all say Little Sam was a big mistake for them, they were a top 10 team in Europe and doing well there must have been a few better managers out there for them. Glen Roader would have been good as would Coleman. Anyway what do I care means we don't have to get ripped off at a secound rate stadium next year.

just give em hell and have fun......i would

I have been chatting to my mate who is a Man City fans and was a the game yesterday. His view was that both City and Bolton were totally shocking !

Bolton had chances to score via Steinsson who missed by yards !

City had little to shout about especially lacking up front and in creativity.

The atmosphere at the Breezeblock was morgue-like with a sense of impending relegation.

In respect of City's massive travelling army, they had been given 6500 tickets for the game and only took 3900 (official). Seems that even the best away supported teams own supporters are fed up with Thaksins apparent involvement in the first team player squad members !

2-0 up and apparently deservedly so and then the equivalent of football suicide! I would imagine that comeback by Arsenal would hammer a huge nail into their spirit and their relegation coffin. Prepare for party time Abbey.

I just hope we don't suffer the Bolton fate when MH leaves.

Why on earth would we? We have always had more about us as a club than that Mickey Mouse outfit, regardless of manager, that comment is just ridiculous pessimism which typifies a large section of Rovers fans...

Why on earth would we? We have always had more about us as a club than that Mickey Mouse outfit, regardless of manager, that comment is just ridiculous pessimism which typifies a large section of Rovers fans...

Your first comment is typical of a section have fans who have more dilluded hatred for our rivals than could be considered healthy.

Bolton have generally finished higher than us over the past 5 years, mainly due to the great job a long serving manager had done. However, once he left the wheels came off, and now they stare the Championship in the face.

If that scenario doesn't set any alarm bells ringing, good luck to you. We are very similar size clubs, and Bolton are like ourselves a very well run club, and we should look at them to learn from their mistakes.

Archived