BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Premier League Happenings

Had a thought to start a new thread for discussion of other Prem games, lots of talking points there. I was reluctant to do this for fear of the flashing lights of the new thread police but with Fife's ecouragement thought we could give it a go. Try it for a while if it doesn't catch on then the Mods can bin it.

I'll start, another blown call by the officials at Fulham, should we really consider Goal Line Technology. I mean it was not even close was it? I saw it as over the line first time from a bad angle how can they miss it.

Last but not least, how bad were the Mackems yesterday, 25million spent and they were dire. Commentator mentioned that they just need to add a little strength and quality. COuld they not do that with the first 25 Million. They were at sixes and sevens amazing the different context some of these commentators put the different clubs in. I can only imagine if it had been us he would have been banging on about how much money we had wasted, since it's Keano "they just need to add a little" buggar me. How long has it been legal to blatantly push an attacker in the box away from the ball and not give anything, talking about Heskey getting pushed. Riley would have blown that for a pen at OT and a yellow no doubt.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agreed USA.

After yesterday, no matter how bad notlob are, a bet on the 3 promoted sides to go straight back would not be an unwise investment.

Spuds were no great shakes in thrashing Derby, ditto cheats at Big Club and Keane's love-in boys were very lucky only to lose by 3 at Wigan.

Fulham had a Devine moment.

Had a thought to start a new thread for discussion of other Prem games, lots of talking points there. I was reluctant to do this for fear of the flashing lights of the new thread police but with Fife's ecouragement thought we could give it a go. Try it for a while if it doesn't catch on then the Mods can bin it.

I'll start, another blown call by the officials at Fulham, should we really consider Goal Line Technology. I mean it was not even close was it? I saw it as over the line first time from a bad angle how can they miss it.

Last but not least, how bad were the Mackems yesterday, 25million spent and they were dire. Commentator mentioned that they just need to add a little strength and quality. COuld they not do that with the first 25 Million. They were at sixes and sevens amazing the different context some of these commentators put the different clubs in. I can only imagine if it had been us he would have been banging on about how much money we had wasted, since it's Keano "they just need to add a little" buggar me. How long has it been legal to blatantly push an attacker in the box away from the ball and not give anything, talking about Heskey getting pushed. Riley would have blown that for a pen at OT and a yellow no doubt.

I dont think they need goal line technology, all the referee has to do is change the procedure when an instance like this happens i.e.

a.) he blows his whistle stops the game.

b.) then looks at the tv monitor near to the dug out with the fourth official.

c.) decision made goal or no goal.

d.) if its a goal obvious restart. if no goal a drop kick but in the spirit of game one team is allowed to kick it back to the other depending on circumstances.

I'll have to mention this to Eddie Wolstenholme when i see him next.

They'd have to put in special cameras though, if not then you'd have the odd game and ground where there wasn't a good angle and it would be inconclusive. I see nothing wrong with sticking a camera by each post.

That's it then: City top after three games. United, meanwhile, have just two points from three while Rooney's on the shelf for the next two months.

On a selfish note, I'm becoming increasingly satisfied at my choice of Chelsea for this season's title!

Watched Liverpool against Chelsea, reds were awesome. As for referees, Styles gave the most ridiculous penalty decision I've seen in an age.

Good weekend really. Bumley lose, United lose, we take a point off Arsenal, Liverpool should have had all three from the Chelsea pansies, and a colleague I've despised for years handed in his notice on Friday night.

Oh yes ... beer tonight :)

This always sparks a debate, but I really can't understand why any of you are happy to see City win today. They are more likely to be close to us towards the end of the season and have picked up a very useful and undeserved three points today.

I dont think they need goal line technology, all the referee has to do is change the procedure when an instance like this happens i.e.

a.) he blows his whistle stops the game.

b.) then looks at the tv monitor near to the dug out with the fourth official.

c.) decision made goal or no goal.

d.) if its a goal obvious restart. if no goal a drop kick but in the spirit of game one team is allowed to kick it back to the other depending on circumstances.

I'll have to mention this to Eddie Wolstenholme when i see him next.

I know that Eddie works at the Lancashire Football Association, but I certainly do not think he has reached the heights where he can influence FIFA

Watching MOTD2, how on earth has Styles given that as a penalty? Absolutely shocking decision. About as bad as Wiley's failure to spot Fabregas' handball.

How did he book either Essien twice, or Terry twice?? for something that wasn't even a foul. cluuuuuuless

Watching MOTD2, how on earth has Styles given that as a penalty? Absolutely shocking decision.

I can see why he may have given it if he was further away but being 5 yards away doesn't leave him with too many excuses. It's a bad decision but all ref's make them and liverpool have had their fair share of fortunate decisions.

The 2 yellows is something over nothing as i think he is just raising his hand for the freekick to be taken. Stupid error to make as a top flight ref but i think he was regretting past decisions and not concentrating on the game. He was even looking the other way when a chelsea player broke early from the wall, ran 5 yards stopped and then blocked the ball :unsure:

As for utd, the problem is simple. They need a goal hanger!

I can see why he may have given it if he was further away but being 5 yards away doesn't leave him with too many excuses. It's a bad decision but all ref's make them and liverpool have had their fair share of fortunate decisions.

The 2 yellows is something over nothing as i think he is just raising his hand for the freekick to be taken. Stupid error to make as a top flight ref but i think he was regretting past decisions and not concentrating on the game. He was even looking the other way when a chelsea player broke early from the wall, ran 5 yards stopped and then blocked the ball :unsure:

The reaction to the 2 yellows was completely over the top. The ref dropped a tater and nothing more. Neither team lost or gained anything from it - a bit of comedy, that's all. Dreadful penalty decision though!

I was saying last week that they miss RVN. I think they also miss Saha and have too many wide players right now.

They didn't miss him last year, they are not gettign the goals from midfeild they did last year and with Ronaldo out for a few more it ain't going to be happening soon

This always sparks a debate, but I really can't understand why any of you are happy to see City win today. They are more likely to be close to us towards the end of the season and have picked up a very useful and undeserved three points today.

I thought the same thing, Eddie. You like to think that it all balances out over the course of a Premiership season, but City have got a jump on their rivals for the UEFA Cup spots.

As a sidenote, I think this a good idea for a thread and I think it'd be useful to keep this around for banter during the other matches. It's better to have all the discussion about what's going on on match days kept to one thread, so I'd encourage everyone to use this (and I'd encourage the mods to direct everyone toward this thread instead of starting new ones so as not to clog up the board).

They didn't miss him last year, they are not gettign the goals from midfeild they did last year

They just have 3 strikers out injured, most teams would struggle if they had basically 1 position taken out of the game.

Liverpool accused Chelsea of putting pressure on referee Rob Styles during their game at Anfield on Sunday.

No **** Sherlock!

Archived