BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Concourse Catering

Paul

Missed lunch yesterday and was starving by HT so I went on the JW concourse. The concourse is much busier than we had been used to in the FS and appears to have fewer bars, food outlets? Expecting the worst, I gave up trying to get served in the FS years ago, I dutifuly joined the back of the line under the Queue Here sign and waited. To my surprise and pleasure it was good to see several of the changes promised by our new catering manger being put into action, got served before the second half started and the queue had almost gone by the time I finished. Seems like a good example of Rovers listening, learning and reacting to make changes.

Anyone notice if things have improved in their stand?

Things appeared marginally better in the BBE Lower for food - but more by accident that design I think. Mainly on the queing front.

Although pre match my "rollover hot dog" Was overpriced, undercooked and not a rollover hot dog. Bring back proper pies.

Being a member of the half time Blues bar I decided to get a cheese burger.

I subsequently told them to shove it where the sun doesnt shine when told it was £3.20!!

And to make matters worse the blokes on the door were charging a pound, but telling people it was because they had lowered the prices.

Also saying it was only £1 after 1pm, yet the letter in the place didnt make reference to a time.

First match teething problems I hope.

There were only two people serving at the kiosk I used so I had to wait absolutely ages to get my overpriced bottle of Ribena. This was before kick-off so I wouldn't have fancied my chances of getting served at half time.

My friend paid for a bottle of coke (£1.80) with a £5 note and the lad serving used a calculator to work out the change.

The problem with the concourse catering is they use bits of kids to serve people instead of adults.For the prices they charge you would think they would be able to pay adults min wage rather than next to nothing for bits of kids.Some of the "staff" (ha-ha!) have no get up and go at all,and even less organisation! <_<

After the shoddy ref i decided i would get the usual pint and half at half time to find out they have got rid off them :angry:

what a shame :unsure:

Probably to stop all us blackburn fans from drinking too much but will just make us buy two instead off a pitn and half

I got a beautiful Chicken Balti pie, much to the annoyance of the people around me as it gave out its usual smell, but I bloody loved it! Good to see people aren't being ridiculous and boycotting the pies coz their Holland's anyone who does deserves a good slap in my opinion!

JW Upper meat and tatty pies were bloody red hot and tasted lovely. I was waiting for Ozzie to give his pie time verict and the marks out of ten but he musnt have eaten one !!

9/10 for me but sadly no fork !!

I'm trying to stay of the pies mate. Well, ones that cost that much anyway. When I get paid, I will begin my reviews again though, totally unbiased too. The JW upper was packed at half time on Sunday, so I didn't bother trying for a pint. Bloody cheap tickets!

Don't agree at all that it has improved. Went down to get a couple of pints and a pie 5 minutes or so before half time. Only 2 people serving, and then the lager went so the lad went to change it. The lager still didn't work and he must have been on his 4th attempt to fix it when I finally got served 5 minutes into half time.

The girl serving had no idea who was next and so served the rudest and loudest people first, therefore annoying the people who had been waiting ages.

The number of people who came and went without buying something was amazing. I reckon Rovers (or whoever gets the money from the catering) could treble halftime turnover with a bit more organisation and more staff :angry:

got a brew!!! they say they cant put lids on in case you burn your mouth thru the drinking hole thingy...you cant make it up

My Dad had a bovril before the game and it had a lid on it.

They obviously didnt like you ABBEY!

I got a beautiful Chicken Balti pie, much to the annoyance of the people around me as it gave out its usual smell, but I bloody loved it! Good to see people aren't being ridiculous and boycotting the pies coz their Holland's anyone who does deserves a good slap in my opinion!

Feel free to come and give me a slap rog should you want.

My favourite comedy catering moment was the lad in front of me buying a bottle of coke, and a bottle of ribena - they have to take the lid off the coke - but not the Ribena!! And it was a "team leader." :lol:

Feel free to come and give me a slap rog should you want.

My favourite comedy catering moment was the lad in front of me buying a bottle of coke, and a bottle of ribena - they have to take the lid off the coke - but not the Ribena!! And it was a "team leader." :lol:

They left the lid on my Ribena but took the lid off my friend's bottle of Coke, although we didn't get them at the same time. I wonder why they do this!

Archived