• Savage
    • Pedersen
    • Santa Cruz
    • McCarthy

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply
yakubu isnt a worry,

i think everton's best attacking threat is johnson and arteta, and johnson could be missing the game..

I dont even think Yak will play and if he does it certainly wont be an issue. I agree with you Mozzer, those two are their best offering. Hopefully Johnson doesn't play, but I have a feeling he'll magically be fit for the match.

He wont frighten Samba and co and he certainly is not worth 11m smackeroonies.

Everton have been fleeced and what a waste of the rest of the Rooney money :rolleyes:

They spent the Rooney money two seasons ago, infact they have spent over 25 million this season. Moyes is a good manager but he has been backed to the tune of 60+ million over the past 3 seasons. Imagine what sparky could do with that sort of cash.

Anyhow going this one and turning into a full weekend in Merseyside, so hopefully a 1-0 victory to rovers, my head is telling me the reverse to Everton

BTW Yakubu is quality, not a bad price either imo

I've got a feeling that Everton will win this one. It won't be all them, but I think they will have the better of the game. Nelsen will be missed against Johnson and Yakubu.

I'd like to see Dunny keep his place, because he must be full of confidence after his goal and excellent performance against Arsenal. However, I think I would rather have Zurab play this one. Ooijer won't get near Johnson for pace and he has looked pretty dodgy at right back so far this season.

My team would be:

Friedel

Emerton / Samba / Zurab / Warnock

Bentley / Savage / Dunn / Pedersen

Santa Cruz / McCarthy

Let's show 'em a real front line!

Yes, but as they are seemingly unimpressed with Nugent and have an owner who is obviously willing to spend big bucks I'm sure that the money wasn't an issue. If Harry had wanted him I'm sure they could have put in serious offers. Everything I heard from him on the subject made sound as if he thought he was a good player, but he wasn't really that bothered about him and trying to get him back. I do think he's a good player, as I said I would have been happy to see him here, but maybe he is a bit lazy and leads to him not performing as often as he could.

This will be a tough game for us. Everton look like a good side and are one of those teams that we have difficulty beating at Goodison. Yakubu is a proven striker and even though I think that they have paid a bit much for him, he will score goals. This will be a difficult game for us and if we get a draw (another one), I'll be pleased enough.

Johnson and Yakubu are both very good players, and I would take the pair of them over Santa and McCarthy- but only just! But beyond them we have much better striking options in Derbyshire and Roberts and maybe even Rigters coming off the bench.

From our opponents point of view its quite difficult to know that you are going to have two very high quality strikers fresh off the bench coming at you in the last 30 minutes of the game.

As for Moyes spending- he has done his best work with low money transfers. Most of his big ones have been a little underwhelming. For the sort of money they have spent they should have more quality.

Its the relatively cheap guys: P Neville, Arteta etc. which make them the quality, extremely difficul tteam to play team they are.

Johnson and Yakubu are both very good players, and I would take the pair of them over Santa and McCarthy- but only just! But beyond them we have much better striking options in Derbyshire and Roberts and maybe even Rigters coming off the bench.

what yakubu is ###### poor

Everton have regularly given their young strikers a chance when they've been coming through. Both jeffers and Cadamateri scored a few goals at tender ages. Both then went on very little though. However, in James Vaughen I think they have a striker who will improve with age. I like what I've seen of him when he has played and think he'll be a big boost for both Everton and probably England. Glad he's out this weekend.

Archived