BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] England V Germany

elwaxo

I'm not bothered, but then again I'm not English, but I always like to see Scotland do well. But with their game, against South Africa at least there is a bit of Rovers interest in Mokoena possibly playing for SA.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It makes me very angry when players like Owen and Defoe are called up. What right do they have to put the shirt on? They haven't been playing for their clubs so why should they 'take the step up' and play for their country.

Defoe I can understand having a slight problem (although he is obviously talented enough), but Owen only hasn't been playing because of injury. We all know that he'll start for Newcastle when he is fit, which he appears to be close to, and his record for England is second to none.

And to add, I don't really care. Only time I get really involved in international football is during tournaments. I struggle to even really care during qualification, I of course want them to qualify, but I don't get any real pleasure from a goal or a win during it.

I'm going to a German wine festival instead.

nice....where is it?? i went to one over here recently......theres actually some quality wines in the 'fatherland' ;) .....they dont get enough sun to be really full bodied, but if you know where to look and drink it with the right food it can be pleasant stuff...have fun mate!

Watched Slovakia v France last night.

What is the point of international friendlies apart from giving Mikael Silvestre a full 90 minutes?

No tackling to speak of 50% of bodily contact resulted in a fould being awarded and there were less than 40 fouls all game.

Cisse still doesn't knowwhere the goal is and Boumsong inspired the French to a 1-0 defeat.

Not content with leaving the Slovak centre forward to run onside into the centre of the 6 yard box for a completely unmarked header, Boumsong stood back in admiration for the ball to come back off the far post, the CF srteady himself with no Frenchman within a meter of him and pick his spot with the rebound.

Incidentally, how many in the French squad was more than second generation French? Two perhaps?

Looks like open door immigration is England's only hope of salvation (but keep them rather than let them slip away like Ashton-under-Lyme's World Cup medal holder!)

I would compare watching England in a friendly to watching maybe a lower league or SPL game.

It's on and you watch it but you're not all that bothered about the result.

I will probably watch some but not all of tonight and if we win, great, but I'll not lose sleep if we don't.

Having said that, I predict a score draw.

(Pity there isn't a yawning smiley on here!)

Gordon Brown is supporting England apparantly ;). Sounds a bit West Lothian to me. Anyway, as the teams are coming out, all I can do is support (one of) my favourite countries, somewhere I'm fond of............................COME ON GERMANY!!!!!!!!!!!

(Hey, I lived there as a kid, they do make great chocolate as well as something a bit more personal!)

Deutschland Ueber Alles indeed.

That's because hardcore English fans are tossers. Apparently the German anthem has been toned down in the post-war period, so it is a bit more friendly than 'The German state is everything'. Or so I've been told anyway.

The original point of this post was to have a go at everyone's favourite senile grandad John Motson. He mentioned 1966, and the reversal of kit colours before they even kicked off. No wonder why Scotland and co. hate England. Talk about living off past glories.

Bring on Stephen Warnock! Okay...keep shoddy Shorey on then...

How about...

Bring on David Bentley! Okay...bring on Kieron Dyer whos still yet to score for England and has played 4 games in his entire life due to Injury.

Stevie...sort it out or get out!!!

Dyer just missed a sitter as well.....so I've heard.....I mean I'm not watching it or anything :lol:

if you didnt watch the game, you only missed a dire football game from an England point of view.

The only plus point was Richards and Cole.

Downers for everyone else although I will say Beckham had a half decent game.

When are the likes of the FA gonna realise that McClaren is NOT the man for the job ?

If I had paid full price for tonight I wouldnt be bothering again :angry:

I think too much of a fuss is being made about Richards. He is amazingly quick, but he misreads the game a lot when he's at the back and he won't always be able to rescue that with his pace. His attacking runs were also good, but he didn't know what to do with the ball when he got it (only exception being when he set-up the goal, but the defending wasn't very good). I don't think he ever put a ball in the box, he'd usually just stand on the ball and wait, leading to nothing. Now I know he'll improve as he gets older and I'm sure he'll become a very good player, possibly one of the best around, but I find people talking about him as if what he is producing now is regularly top class stuff, I certainly didn't think it was tonight and apart from the game on Sunday I've never thought he's looked that impressive over the course of 90 minutes.

Archived