BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Do Spurs Want Hughes?

Spurs are not satified if anything less than Champions league so whoever replaces JOP must deliver this to them ..ie make Spurs better than Man Utd ,Chelsea Liverpool or Arsenal. or you are also out.. ..Talk about making bricks without straw..What a gun to have pointed at you.....If JOL doesnt need the money he should walk out now..Blackburn must be a happier place for any manager to work..

It's just been reported on SSN that Spurs have announced they won't be parting with Jol's services despite the speculation.

(The dreaded vote of confidence?) :blink:

Progress with any proposed takeover could be key here - if a takeover goes through and Hughes could stay at Ewood and continue his good work AND have a significant amount of money to spend annually that would surely be pretty tempting.

Difficult to think though he'd turn the Spurs job down if he had to continue on at Ewood on a shoestring budget whilst everyone else is vastly outspending us.

if they don't have patience with Jol, why would they have the same patience with Hughes?

Hughes isn't a proven top 4 manager (sorry someone had to say it) and Spurs clearly want someone who is so I think we are safe for now. In a couple of seasons time maybe but not now, everyone at Rovers seems pretty content if you ask me, why would they risk that for a job knowing they would never be comfortable in it?

Hope he lasts longer then. I doubt the undermining of Jol would damage hopes of signing a good manager. They are Spurs, who are destined to break the top 4 and win the UEFA Cup ;). Well that's what other people seem to think.

It would be funny if they tried to sign Scolari, Capello etc. and ended up with Terry Vegetables, Howard Kendall or Glenn Hoddle.

Jol- the man who had £40m net to spend (and perhaps yet more) yet started with Robbie Keane on the left wing at Sunderland?

No wonder the Spurs Board lost faith in him.

Thats a pretty damining indictment but why the hell did the board let him spend 16.5M on Bent?

I cant belive they only started to have doubts at Sunderland! Or maybe they did ... which says alot

Rumours tonight that 3rd party agents acting on behalf of Spurs have met with Fabio Capello.

I thought this would happen, I just can't see why they would fall out of 'love' with him so quickly unless this was going to be the case.

I think JOL has done quite a good job with a squad that really isn't that good, as has been mentioned before, other then strikers they really don't have that much going for them, money or no money, with the squad they had/have two 5th places is a good position for them.

Archived