BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Can A Empty Seat Sing

waggy

Like I said the away support was shocking. I think Larissa brough more than Reading, Birmingham & Pompey!

You can't blame them really, they are leaking goals away from home and it was England in the rugby final. I doubt we would've taken as many to Reading. Although they did get cheap tickets - it hits home when you see that Man Utd away is £39 a ticket for Rovers... damn those Glazers!

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When a poor supported team comes to town (Reading, Fulham, BIG club :lol: etc....) i cannot see why they don`t open up half the Darwen End Lower to kids for a quid. At the end of the day, Rovers have a fair idea who the poorly supported clubs are & kids for a quid will put a few extra bums on seats.

I`m sure a school liaison representative from Ewood could tour the local schools, having Rovers related 'fun days'.....which promote the club & make the population 'aware' of the offers. Small things like the old schools penalty competitions at half time could be resurrected & schools that take part could get ticket 'offers' for the kids & their parents. I reckon you could get a few hundred extra bums on seats every home game with that alone.

....just an idea <_<

Good suggestions but ...

How about a mates rate - Buy 6 tickets in a group and get 20% off? So therefore a £15 ticket would become £12 for groups?! Dropping ticket prices from £24 to £15 hasn't made much difference so why would an extra £3 ??

Or a cheaper inclusive ticket for the drinkers? Like normal tickets £15 - Ticket, including 2 pints £20!?

Just simply sorting out the barstaff problem might help.

I doubt most people would have many objections with a full price adult ticket getting a kids ticket for a £1 or something like that. Unfortunately I don't think it would make that much difference.

The Alcohol inclusive ticket or ticket + hot dog, chips & soft drink could also include use of the blues bar before games!

No forget that £1, make it free! Its not a massive finacial difference, however mentally it makes a big difference! Promote it through the schools, let the kids do the blagging of the parents!! "Dad I can go free if you but a ticket!!"

Offer the promotion to all school kids across lancashire & greater manchester & lancaster. My dads a celtic fan and he was telling me when he was a kid at Celtic, they used to just jump over the turnstiles and the ticket staff used to say let them in for free, they are the future of the club! Makes sense to me for it to be 100% free up to 16, accompnied by an adult paying full!

• 4 months later...
:rover: the family stand seems to be quite full these days,and a lot off coaches have appeared latley have rovers started doing deals with schools again. :brfcsmilie:

I think they are shipping in kids from Burnley, something to do with a coaching incentive they are receiving the one that kicked off in the telewag a few weeks ago.

• 3 weeks later...

Big Club had the best part of 7k empty seats yesterday in their game against Manchester City. A club from a city in excess of one million pitched against a club with one of the better followings in the PL and under 23k turn up. Barely 20k Big Club supporters. Still, don't expect any of the media to pick up on this, but if Rovers get a bad gate.........? :!:

• 3 weeks later...

Archived