BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Can A Empty Seat Sing

waggy

If the prices are as cheap as they are then there is only one other explanation and that is that interest is just not there anymore.That said,attendances v Pompey have always been around the 19/20,000 mark anyway.

or maybe the so called fans stayed at home and watched United and Chelsea on the box

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did anyone buy a copy of 4000 holes yesterday. there was an article in there about attendances and how considering the town has a population of 100,000, we actually do ok. There are too many other prem teams a short drive away. Realistically, we can't expect Pompey too bring as many as say, Bolton, due to the amount of travelling involved.

I also think that the fixture changes don't help especially when its so far to travel.

Guest fernhurstblue

it would be interesting to the see the 'home gate' for each league match over the past 5 years or so ..... bet the average hasnt dropped as much as people think, it's the away support that has dropped off and this has affected the 'average' gate a lot more than the drop in home support ..... that said i remember when liverpool, man utd, etc only used to get all the top and only half the bottom, but that was when we where up and challenging for the league.

:rover: i think most football fans in east lancs must be on rovers data base,lets just give the club there detials and they can target them with other deals :brfc:

What about, then, certain matches - say the Brum match for example, giving unemployed and dependents a discount - say they pay £10 for an adult ticket on production of whatever the unemployed use to identify them as such these days.

One problem, Waggy, there was a thread on the Official Board about adults using junior season tickets etc, sneaking in when turnstiles weren't properly attended, and I wouldn't want to see that happen regarding ineligible folks getting hold of discounted unemployed tickets.

Looking at the Database system, you are right, they could be targeted with deals, the question is, how many are on the database and how up to date is it?

All this talk of giving people 'deals' to come to watch us is laughable. What do you call a season ticket for £249. Games for a tenner and kids for a quid??? You'll not get a better deal anywhere if you want to watch premiership football. We provide excellent value for money. I realise that not everyone can afford to pay but unfortunately thats life. I can't afford a new car, although I'd like one, so I just have to do without. There's no difference. You have to live within your means and I think that you risk alienating fans if you offer freebie deals to get in to watch us. Come on, you can watch 3 games at Ewood for the price of the away ticket to Chelsea, if thats not good value. I don't know what is.

excellent post, rovers95.

on yesterday's gate, i dont think sunday games, against less than attractive opponents helps - (wish i hadnt said that. that gives em another excuse not to go :ph34r: )

be interesting to see the crowds for the upcoming cup games (brum and clarissa), theyre almost free! (by comparison to other clubs prices).

What else are the club supposed to do? STs are cheaper than they have been for years, there are deals all over the place for cup games - I just paid £10 for four tickets. It's gobsmacking and still people are suggesting the club should do more. I really don't think some fans appreciate the effort the club are making. Try ringing the TO with a problem, they will do everything possible to solve your issue for just one ticket. They really are focused on the customer.

People moan about the smoking ban and suggest it will be a reason not to watch Rovers! It's the law of the land for pity's sake. Any possible excuse other than the real one " I can't be arsed"

4 home games in 15 days coming up.

Sep 23: Pompey (PL)

Sep 26: Brum (LC)

Oct 04: Larissa (UEFA)

Oct 07: Brum (PL)

Tough on the pockets so I'm expecting Rovers to stick with the previous UEFA pricing for the Larissa game. Not sure about the League Cup pricing but expecting a mediocre gate for that one. The two PL games should each produce about 19,500 Rovers fans - add to that the visitors.

:brfc:

We seem to be steady at around 19,500 home fans (if Arsenal brought 5,500 and man City 7,500).

The only home area with lots of unsold seats seems to be BBE Upper (family stand). The Rovers' have always seemed to struggle to sell this area.

:brfc:

Guest fernhurstblue

cant see the brum (carling cup) match being much, if any over 10,000 and depending on that result and sunderland could seriously affect ae larrisa ..... lose our next three and you just watch the gates fall, get back on track and get through the carling cup, get something against sunderland then i think the gate will be 15,000 or so against the greeks ..... we must win our next two cups matches or all of a sudden the season looks very boring.

Not even at a fiver Stu?

Go on admit it, you just cant be bothered.

Its my busiest time at work, if I thought they would perform Id probably make time to go to an extra match. Instead Im going to put in extra hours to pay for yet more football later in the season.

I would be bothered, if the players on the pitch who earn hundreds of thousands every week could be arsed.....

:rover: under 20k yesterday,let the jobless in free i say :brfc:

The ticket pricing policy doesnt seem to be working, I reckon the home fans have been well under 20K for each league game so far.

Im not going to the Brum match, very annoyed with the last two "performances" and real life needs to take the front seat for a bit.

That's surprising Stu, I thought you were a diehard.

The ticket pricing policy doesnt seem to be working, I reckon the home fans have been well under 20K for each league game so far.

It seems to have worked on season tickets but I guess we have to wait till Christmas to be able to judge the gates as a whole. It will be a great shame if it doesn't work but at least the club will have finally proved the truth behind the price issue whichever way it goes.

All this talk of giving people 'deals' to come to watch us is laughable. What do you call a season ticket for £249. Games for a tenner and kids for a quid??? You'll not get a better deal anywhere if you want to watch premiership football. We provide excellent value for money. I realise that not everyone can afford to pay but unfortunately thats life. I can't afford a new car, although I'd like one, so I just have to do without. There's no difference. You have to live within your means and I think that you risk alienating fans if you offer freebie deals to get in to watch us. Come on, you can watch 3 games at Ewood for the price of the away ticket to Chelsea, if thats not good value. I don't know what is.

:rover: the problem is we are not attracting the fans,less than 20k home fans in the premier would have been disasterous a few years back,but now tv money is the biggest earner for most off the premier teams.season ticket holders are being selfish if they do not realise the club need to explore every avenue to get more fans through the door,like you say £249 for a season ticket is fine,but my £249 season ticket is a ###### view,half of the darwen end half is obliterated by a post.on wednesday it is £10 for a nothing game against brum,yet against larissa it is £5 in a european game that will no doubt be on tv,the club have got it wrong. :brfc:

:rover: the problem is we are not attracting the fans,less than 20k home fans in the premier would have been disasterous a few years back,but now tv money is the biggest earner for most off the premier teams.season ticket holders are being selfish if they do not realise the club need to explore every avenue to get more fans through the door,like you say £249 for a season ticket is fine,but my £249 season ticket is a ###### view,half of the darwen end half is obliterated by a post.on wednesday it is £10 for a nothing game against brum,yet against larissa it is £5 in a european game that will no doubt be on tv,the club have got it wrong. :brfc:

If we were on t.v i would agree with you..... but we are not.

One appearance on sky sports up until xmas is shocking even by their standards.

I personally think the club have got it just right with their pricing,even with reduced prices the crowds aren`t flocking in.

Short of paying people to turn up there is nothing else the club can do to attract fans.

The only thing the club can do,is to attract more kids as they will be the future support.

The open day to launch the new kit they had during the school holidays was a great idea,except the club f***ed up the organisation of it,reducing the event to an absolute shambles and made Rovers look like amateurs.

yet against larissa it is £5 in a european game that will no doubt be on tv,the club have got it wrong. :brfc:

It would have been interesting to see how many would have attended had the game been made free entry to all.

I don't think the ground would have been full.

It would have been interesting to see how many would have attended had the game been made free entry to all.

I don't think the ground would have been full.

I agree with you there.

Archived