BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fulham To Go The Way Of The Rover...

Well i was sitting down to eat my dinner tonight when on the telly i seen that Fulham has aquaired the services of american keeper Kasey Keller. This isnt the first time he has played in England, he has played for the Millwall and leichester city just to name a couple. Mabye Fulham has seen what great results Big Brad has givin to us and the fact that jaskalinein (yes i know i mispelled it but i dont care!) is hurt that has prompted this bye for the american. IMO hes CRAP! he lost his spot on the USMNT to tim howard who is 100 times better then keller but IMO not as good as Brad, if that tells you anything. Well we'll see where that takes Fulham. What do you guys think?

He's been signed as cover, for Fulham's current keeeper, Tony Warner who is standing in for the injured Antti Niemi.

Whilst he has made a living out of the game, during recent years there hasnt been any consistency resulting in him moving from club to club, carrying the first choice keepers bags. (Dropped a few of those as well :lol: )

He lost his place at Spurs to Paul Robinson, need I say more :lol:

German fans (not even going to try to spell his last team name) think he's a legend. He just had a crap team around him. Losing it a little bit, but in his day was one of the most underrated keepers in the game.

Keller is still a top keeper. I hate to say it, but in the USA it doesn't take much to lose your spot, Freidel lost his becuase Arena and him didn't get along (or so I hear), Keller lost his to Howard even though there's little between them. There's also Hahneman, who in my opinion is better than Keller and Howard, but he just can't get a look see, and there's a few promising young keepers in the MLS as well (Reis being the best in my mind).

I know he's technically signed as cover, but Warner had had a blinder one wee and a shocker the next. Keller is Mr. Consistency. Wouldn't be surprised to see him get a game or two from Lawrie.

Keller is still a top keeper. I hate to say it, but in the USA it doesn't take much to lose your spot, Freidel lost his becuase Arena and him didn't get along (or so I hear), Keller lost his to Howard even though there's little between them. There's also Hahneman, who in my opinion is better than Keller and Howard, but he just can't get a look see, and there's a few promising young keepers in the MLS as well (Reis being the best in my mind).

I know he's technically signed as cover, but Warner had had a blinder one wee and a shocker the next. Keller is Mr. Consistency. Wouldn't be surprised to see him get a game or two from Lawrie.

Did Friedel not retire? or was that after being dropped? :unsure:

Well i was sitting down to eat my dinner tonight when on the telly i seen that Fulham has aquaired the services of american keeper Kasey Keller. This isnt the first time he has played in England, he has played for the Millwall and leichester city just to name a couple. Mabye Fulham has seen what great results Big Brad has givin to us and the fact that jaskalinein (yes i know i mispelled it but i dont care!) is hurt that has prompted this bye for the american. IMO hes CRAP! he lost his spot on the USMNT to tim howard who is 100 times better then keller but IMO not as good as Brad, if that tells you anything. Well we'll see where that takes Fulham. What do you guys think?

What's Jaskellinen got to do with this....?? :unsure:

Did Friedel not retire? or was that after being dropped? :unsure:

Friedel retired after the 2002 WC, but before that, Arena would tend to pick Keller over him more often than not. IIRC, Keller got all the US games in the 1998 WC, and IMHO Brad could have served us better.

Friedel retired after the 2002 WC, but before that, Arena would tend to pick Keller over him more often than not. IIRC, Keller got all the US games in the 1998 WC, and IMHO Brad could have served us better.

There were a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOT of politics in that one. Brad retired, from what I understand, rather than deal with it anymore.

Exactly, in fact, if I recall, Keller was injured inteh run up to 2002 WC. If he hadn't been, Brad would likely not have played then either. Considering his play in that tournament, imagine NOT having played Brad...

Good Riddance Bruce Arena.

He wasn't his old self this summer for the US. Had a couple of uncharacteristic mistakes.

Archived