• Savage
    • Dunn
    • Pedersen
    • Sants Cruz
    • McCarthy
    • Tugay
    • Ooijer

Alright lads, City fan here.

Gotta say that I was impressed by your boys at the weekend. You've got two good wingers there in MGP & Bentley. Especially MGP. You'd be hard pressed to find any left midfielder in the Prem as good tbh.

I really don't think you deserve the "violent" tag you seem to have aquired. You moved the ball around well at times and I don't think anyone will get an easy ride at your place this year.

We didn't really perform how we can however (barring the first 10 minutes). We've got a young side who have only been together for less than 6 weeks. There's obvious talent there but it's gonna take a while to properly gel. We play attractive football in flashes but the consistency will come.

I would've thought we will be in better shape by the time you come to Eastalnds next year. We're all pretty excited in the complete change around in tactics from last years dross. We can actually play into feet now rather than trying to smack it up to the big man up front!!

Return leg should be goodun. Hopefully with a better result! :D

Indeed BMR ... to be fair you certainly did ok for the first 10-15 mins which was quite refeshing to see for Citeh but then you also became predictable (as Sven) which could lead to your own downfall. After such a promising start you seem to lose your way and didn't know how to change it ( now where have we seen that before? :lol: ) and reminds me of Rovers when Hughesey first took over ie we could get good results against the teams pushing for glory but then come a cropper against those at the bottom ... something that will become familiar to yourselves I have no doubt over the season.

A bit more resillience and backbone ( which I think most decent Citeh fans can see looking at comments on mbs) and you look like you could have the beginnings of a decent team ... all you need now is somebody to spot them Sambaesque bargains :rover:

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply
there is so much interesting in that site, look at the crowds. we regularly pulled in only 21 or 22k, in fact barely 25k for the visit of chelsea in march on the run in to the title. and nobody came to see us beat wimbledon (understandable really!) in february.

secondly, how rubbish was our defence? i only counted 16 clean sheets (out of 42). not sure how many clean sheets man utd kept last season or chelsea the year before, but i'll bet its double this number

16 for Man Utd last year, too

And 11 pens for Shearer in the title season. Wish we had somebody who fell over as convincingly as him and Chris Sutton these days :)

16 for Man Utd last year, too

And 11 pens for Shearer in the title season. Wish we had somebody who fell over as convincingly as him and Chris Sutton these days :)

The more players we have driving into the box, the more penalty claims we will get. emmoMk2, bents, steveW, Rocky & derbs all up for taking the ball at the defenders in the 18yd box.

So plenty of claims to come, wether they result in penalties or more imporrtantly goals is another matter. Isn't it?

Out of curiosity I wonder how many pens Shearer scored for the media darlings that are the barcodes, they seemed to get a ridiculous amount whilst “Big Al” plied his trade, and a fair old % of his goals for them must have been pens

Back to the City game, Dunny critic here, thought he had an excellent game against the second rate Mancs.

Before i marvel at Dunny's performance though, you have to look at the opposition Mancs Pity and their midfield how they missed Joey Barton in that central position, Dunny came up against a semi retired midfielder in Hamman and a young totally out of his depth kid in Johnson who was promptly withdrawn so embarrassing was the lad then their was the Johnny foreigner cheap over paid and plying his trade over here in a Man City team.

Come on chaps, reality check, City are second division material lets not get carried away with the performance too much.

They are far from second division material and I'd happily take a bet on it if you want.

That central midfield pairing of City's whichever combination it was, was definitely not premiership standard, other members of the City team might well be.

As for the bet theres probably three other teams who are in a worse state than City so i'll pass this one by.

Back to the City game, Dunny critic here, thought he had an excellent game against the second rate Mancs.

Before i marvel at Dunny's performance though, you have to look at the opposition Mancs Pity and their midfield how they missed Joey Barton in that central position, Dunny came up against a semi retired midfielder in Hamman and a young totally out of his depth kid in Johnson who was promptly withdrawn so embarrassing was the lad then their was the Johnny foreigner cheap over paid and plying his trade over here in a Man City team.

Come on chaps, reality check, City are second division material lets not get carried away with the performance too much.

I too criticised Dunn for most of last year JAL, but have to admit his excellent performance against City came on the back of two good performances against Everton and Arsenal. They can't all have poor midfields.

You do yourself no credit at all with the constant need to try and find any fault with Dunny and even when you praise him it's damning praise. This midfield that was embarassing has got city to the top of the league so they can't have been that bad. Hamann has had a great start to the season and Johnson is so bad that Liverpool were reported to be all over him not so long ago and he's already in the u21's and tipped for future England honours.

I always think anyone is entitled to an opnion and no player above criticism but you have become sad now and to be honest your posts are getting to the point where most people will ignore them as you are desperate not to admit when Dunn plays well. Why can you not admit it? Did he turn you down in a club one night and you've never recovered?

Mr JAL, congratulations on a couple of remarkably contradictory posts.

Just to come clean on where I stand, I was very sceptical about getting Dunny back from Brum. Didn't see any reason to change that view till getting near the end of last season. But on Sunday lots of folk thought he was excellent - have a look at the MOTM poll. Bear in mind he had to adapt to playing several roles during the game as midfield partners came and went and I think he's really getting to grips with things. Yes he might not become a Gerrard so to your mind he might not be a top midfielder. But City have a mid-table midfield, and if we're better off (with Dunny playing) than a mid-table side that'll do me.

can I make a decision at the end of the season? I wasnt to fussed about his return as long as the wages were reasonable, but didnt expect anything great from him.

He's played well the past few games, but its hardly a season of sparkling form, he did get a few games on the bounce with Brum and look what happened there

That central midfield pairing of City's whichever combination it was, was definitely not premiership standard, other members of the City team might well be.

As for the bet theres probably three other teams who are in a worse state than City so i'll pass this one by.

So that would mean that at least 4 teams in the Premiership are second division standard? I better start watching more championship football, I must be missing out on some really high quality stuff. As for their midfield pairing, one is very experienced and will still do a good job and the other is a young talent who looks like he could be a good player. We're hardly ones to talk, our central midfield boast Tugay and Mokoena. I think they are both useful players, but to someone casually observes the odd game could easily come away wondering how they have possibly managed to keep their place in a Premiership squad, a top 10 one at that.

You are just utterly pathetic. I'm not surprised your girlfriend ran away with Dunny.

Archived