• Pedersen
    • Sants Cruz
    • McCarthy
    • Tugay
    • Ooijer

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Schmeichel Jnr is meant to be a bit dodgy from crosses. I say we get as many crosses in as possibly then. Think City may play defensively, can't see there being many goals in the game if I'm honest. I'd take a 1-0 win right now.

If Samba plays and we can get the corners right(which seems to be a big ask!) then I can see us grabbing a few goals. Against Everton he was a big threat, but unfortunatly never managed to make the threat count. If we give the ball away like we did on Thursday we could struggle. I see no reason why we can't beat Citeh, we'll have to be on top of our game and take the chances. We their keeper I can see a few of the Gamst cross/shot free kicks he likes scoring work well.

I've mixed feelings for the game. Either we'll batter them or indeed sneak a narrow victory despite City's run under Sven. I think a narrow victory with a 3-2 win.

McCarthy (2)

Bentley

What's the City secret?

Yes Micah Richards is playing brilliantly well under Sven but three unsing heroes have emerged:

Richard Dunne is an absolute rock- nothing is getting past him and his reading and positioning overcomes all his failings

Stephen Ireland does all the simple things right in midfield

Diddi Hamann has a new lease of life and whilst a tiny bit of his pace has gone he is playing marvelously well

Play the long ball over him and he'll struggle against a pacey forward. I think if we go for McCarthy and Roque, then we should gain the advantage over them and exploit their biggest weakness. As for Dunne, he's playing well because teams are playing into his hands, but a very fit Tugay could be very useful with his exceptional passing. Combine that with a speedy forward, then we should be able to get goals.

Schmeichel Jnr is meant to be a bit dodgy from crosses. I say we get as many crosses in as possibly then. Think City may play defensively, can't see there being many goals in the game if I'm honest. I'd take a 1-0 win right now.

I think Schmeichel Jnr is having a brilliant start to the season.

However, as you said he hasn't been tested enough on the high-balls and I'm sure we've all seen his atempt with Fabregas' goal. In fairness a delightful shot, but if one of those went past Brad I would be slightly disappointed. Dunne and Richards are covering the young Dane fairly well, but we just need to pile the pressure on him.

you blackburn fans are so deluded!

For starters, stop moaning about how many tickets we have sold, we will still have more fans there than you.

Secondly, we are a different team this year to last year, we play proper football and you will have to resort to kicking us to stop us from doing so.

Thirdly, Savage won't be able to handle Elano tomorrow, and whoever said Petrov isn't fast on here.....oh dear.

Lastly, al the best for tommorow, you will need it.

This thread started out half decent and decending into amusing reading. I dropped in to read what you were saying and it's the biggest laugh i've had all week.

P.S. Mark Hughes is a rag #### of the highest order

For starters, stop moaning about how many tickets we have sold, we will still have more fans there than you.

Secondly, we are a different team this year to last year, we play proper football and you will have to resort to kicking us to stop us from doing so.

Thirdly, Savage won't be able to handle Elano tomorrow, and whoever said Petrov isn't fast on here.....oh dear.

This thread started out half decent and decending into amusing reading. I dropped in to read what you were saying and it's the biggest laugh i've had all week.

Whats up sunshine? Is this your first season that you have ever thought your team was even half decent? Probably.

Erm, come and post some more when you can actually claim to have won something.

'proper football' eh? I bet you are sound and sorted now....nice one, nice one :unsure:

Whats up sunshine? Is this your first season that you have ever thought your team was even half decent? Probably.

Erm, come and post some more when you can actually claim to have won something.

'proper football' eh? I bet you are sound and sorted now....nice one, nice one :unsure:

haha, for the only team outside of the the top 4 to win the premiership, you fans are a load of @#/?. You don't deserve a football team, let alone a half decent one.

@#/? fans, @#/? ground.

Good luck for tomorrow eh, sunshine

You city fans are funny, you win a couple of games against poor teams such as Derby, West Ham and luckily beat your scummy neighbours and you try to act a cut above. When was the last time you won anything?..... 1976

You have made a few decent signings and Richards is a class act, however you are not good enough for the top 6 infact apart from Elano & Ricahrds and possibly Petrov we are better than you man for man.

When you’ve won something or played in European football come onto other fans boards, until then you’ve won or achieved exactly nothing in over 30 years

You city fans are funny, you win a couple of games against poor teams such as Derby, West Ham and luckily beat your scummy neighbours and you try to act a cut above. When was the last time you won anything?..... 1976

You have made a few decent signings and Richards is a class act, however you are not good enough for the top 6 infact apart from Elano & Ricahrds and possibly Petrov we are better than you man for man.

When you’ve won something or played in European football come onto other fans boards, until then you’ve won or achieved exactly nothing in over 30 years

Citeh fans are funny arent they.

Lets think, United at home in your self styled comeback season, sell out? of course not, you are in one of the biggest metropolitan areas in the country and you NEVER fill your ground.

We are aware that we are a small town, yet population wise we are one of the best supported clubs in the country, we Rovers fans dont listen to media hype, we do facts, and face facts Citeh, you will NEVER get out of Uniteds shadow, you will NEVER be seen as more than a stepping stone for players and managers, yeah we are no different, but we are not and have never been in denial.

Enjoy your few months in the sun before your inevitble decline back to mediocrity

This game will hopefully give an interesting perspective as to how far Rovers have progressed under Sparky. Sven despite his shortcomings as a national manager has undoubtedly delivered at club level and some of his video inspired purchases seem to have been very astute. If either side really harbour aspirations of getting near the so called big 4 then this is a game they will need to win. As our visiting sky blue friend says Elano and Petrov are excellent footballers and I suspect young Micah will be off sometime sooner rather than later to a " big " club.

Will Rovers do their stuff ? - I think so, 2-1 Benni / Santa.

haha, for the only team outside of the the top 4 to win the premiership, you fans are a load of @#/?. You don't deserve a football team, let alone a half decent one.

@#/? fans, @#/? ground.

Good luck for tomorrow eh, sunshine

It must hurt to think that you have probably spent all your life following a team whos biggest success was a fluky win against the team whose shadow they live in.

It must also hurt you to know that one huge MUFC flag is buried deep below the shitelands pitch.

good luck for tomorrow fella's, i hope it's a good game of football, if we get a point it will be a good result, and you should be thinking the same thing when you come to our place.

I don't have to like you, but i hope it's a good game, 1-1 wil do me, 2-1 to us and i will be a very happy man :-)

It all comes back now. Even though I've always hated United it was the City fans who were really irritating back in the '60s.

I guess City's football failure for decades had made the heart tolerant but they win 3 games at the beginning of a season and suddenly it is obvious what an unpleasant bunch of perennial lesser brethren they are.

Adds some spice to tomorrow though.

Will be even nicer to lift the UEFA trophy at Eastlands.

It all comes back now. Even though I've always hated United it was the City fans who were really irritating back in the '60s.

I guess City's football failure for decades had made the heart tolerant but they win 3 games at the beginning of a season and suddenly it is obvious what an unpleasant bunch of perennial lesser brethren they are.

Adds some spice to tomorrow though.

Will be even nicer to lift the UEFA trophy at Eastlands.

I ###### hate Blackburn fans, and i was trying to be nice!

You don't deserve (Please don't use that word again) all this season, bunch of ######.

Anyway, all the best for tomorrow guys, good luck :-)

No, we are pessimistic.

Agreed.

So are we, and the general opinion is we also play proper football . Read the newspapers.

Isn't that fourthly?

I thought we just had @#/? fans and a @#/? ground, but a good team?

They normally start off one third decent then get better.

A compliment really.

No, we are pessimistic.

Agreed.

So are we, and the general opinion is we also play proper football . Read the newspapers.

Isn't that fourthly?

I thought we just had @#/? fans and a @#/? ground, but a good team?

They normally start off one third decent then get better.

A compliment really.

The administrators on this site must be really sad, do you spend all day and night sat here checking people's posts and blanking out naughty words?

###### gimps, and im guessing that ###### will be blanked, what wrong, are grown up people not allowed to swear anymore?

Like i said, all the best for tomorrow, i hope it is a good game, but i ###### hate Blackburn fans

I remember when there was 250000 City fans at Ewood.

Or rather the claims of...

And we are deluded? I quite like a bit of a laugh with opposition supporters, ones able to string a sentence together without a profanity anyway.

Hope you have a safe trip tomorrow.

Have you ever heard of swear filters?

Just how much of a fool do you want to make yourself out to be?

People like you never fail to amuse me - what drives you to post on rival fans sites? The stuff City fans are saying on their forums is the definition of deluded, pal.

Now sod off back to that overhyped bit of Lancashire you call your home.

Archived