BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Your First Concert

So I was listening to the radio the other day (something I rarely do) and I heard a song that reminded me of the first concert I ever went to. And was wondering what everyone's on here first show was. We all usually have hits or misses in our collection and invariably a 'miss' was the first concert.

However, I either lucked out or knew what I was doing because my first concert was Pearl Jam/Soundgarden in 1992. A club called The Unicorn, which was an old supermarket so all it was was a warehouse with a stage on one end and those slick concrete floors. Their were three bands that played which nobody had ever heard of. They were grunge acts from the Seattle area, I believe. Then came Pearl Jam. I liked them in those days (Vedder's voice hadn't gotten on my nerves quite yet) and the show was a blast, replete with Vedder climbing the lighting tower and jumping into the crowd's outstretched arms. Then the headliners, Soungarden, came out and put on a great show themselves. The only drawback was my brother slipped on those concrete floors and fell into a puddle of beer ruining my prized possession Pixies T-Shirt. That was my favorite shirt!!! Ah well, still a great night and great show all around. My first mosh-pit and crowd surf as well! :rolleyes:

What was everyone else's first concert/show(without the ma and pa)?

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The first I can recall was

The Rolling Stones

Alexis Korner

Family

King Crimson

Roy Harper

5th July 1969 in Hyde Park.

Followed late that summer by Bob Dylan and The Band, amongst many others, at the IOW

I got changed out of my Billinge school uniform aged about 14/15 and got on a bus to Preston to see New Order at the Guild Hall. Would be about 1985/86 I think.

Edit: I've just looked it up and it would have been this one.

was there some trouble at this concert,think i was there and remember someone saying blackburn youth kicked off.

I got changed out of my Billinge school uniform aged about 14/15 and got on a bus to Preston to see New Order at the Guild Hall. Would be about 1985/86 I think.

Edit: I've just looked it up and it would have been this one.

Unfortunately cut short by crowd trouble. I was gutted. New Order at King Georges Hall was my first, legendry!

1973. King Georges Hall, Blackburn.

"Uriah Heep" supported by a band called "Bullet"

I was deaf for a week.

I went to that concert to, Mick Box was on top form that day.

My 1st concert though was Pink Floyd at Manchester Free Trade Hall, feb 29th 1972, awesome show! still got the programme

1973. King Georges Hall, Blackburn.

"Uriah Heep" supported by a band called "Bullet"

I was deaf for a week.

Would that have been Bob Seeger's band? I think they were actually know as Bob Seeger and the Silver Bullet Band?

While I'm at it does anyone recall a Birmingham based group (70s!) The Steve Gibbons Band? Guy I knew at college used to roadie for them, in our Students Union they were awesome. Would have been 1972 or 73.

Would that have been Bob Seeger's band? I think they were actually know as Bob Seeger and the Silver Bullet Band?

While I'm at it does anyone recall a Birmingham based group (70s!) The Steve Gibbons Band? Guy I knew at college used to roadie for them, in our Students Union they were awesome. Would have been 1972 or 73.

Your right, they were the Silver Bullet Band.

Steve Gibbons Down in the Bunker, wow. They did Glastonbury this year, next gig in the north is at Newton le Willows, The gravy Train 18/11/07

its only rock and roll but i like it!

:lol::lol::lol:

Your right, they were the Silver Bullet Band.

Steve Gibbons Down in the Bunker, wow. They did Glastonbury this year, next gig in the north is at Newton le Willows, The gravy Train 18/11/07

its only rock and roll but i like it!

:lol::lol::lol:

Had no idea Steve Gibbons was still going strong. They used to play our SU, in the dinning hall on a Saturday night, on a wooden stage we used to haul in before the band arrived. Down in The Bunker and Any Road Up are great albums. Wish I'd known he was at Glastonbury, though I didn't see anything in the media. May have to go to newton le Willows.

Archived