BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fifa 2008

Guest Kamy100

Just picked up mine now from Blockbuster and I can confirm the offer stands - trade in any game on their list (which contains Oblivion which I traded) and get Fifa 08 for £9.99. I also got a free football which Jack has been playing with (staring at)!

As I type, I am just feeding him (depositing food all over his face, outh, highchair and floor) and when he goes for his afternoon nap it's playtime!

Going to trade mine with Game tomorrow (because we dont have Blockbuster) those robbing gits will probably give me £15 for it I reckon.

Ha Ha, as soon as you load up a game Jack will wake up - thats what Liam does to me anyway :rolleyes:

Tricks - click

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Game were offering me £25 trade in value. You could get that in cash as long as you take ID and purchase the game of the internet. Unless Game are selling instore for a decent price of course...

I am 75% sure they are doing it for Xbox too but I would ring them up first just to make sure. I know they were when I got Oblivion but didn't look when I was trading it back in!

As for the game...

Reasonabley impressed. Better than the demo suggests. It is still slow but then again, I only play as Rovers who are slow in the game anyway. Played online against Barcelona (lost 2-0), and Rangers (lost 3-1). As you can tell I am not very good at it! Going off my Warhawk attempts maybe I am just crap at computer games!

Anyhow, I am dissapointed you can't play with the same teams against eachother online, you have to pick different teams... Also that barely any of the Rovers players look like their real life counterparts. I will post a pic of them later if I can...

I can't find a way of directly challenging Kamy, though you can set up a league online which we can all be a part of which is probably the way to go.

The stadium chosen to represent Ewood Park is questionable at the least but this goes hand in hand with supporting an unfashionable side, doesn't it?

Ingame sound is absolutely spot on and I am sure in addition to the chants Kamy heard, I heard "Get Into 'Em!" with the drums!

Overall worth it but it will be very interesting to see how Pro Evo measures up...

Game were offering me £25 trade in value. You could get that in cash as long as you take ID and purchase the game of the internet. Unless Game are selling instore for a decent price of course...

The stadium chosen to represent Ewood Park is questionable at the least but this goes hand in hand with supporting an unfashionable side, doesn't it?

Well, I still have the game receipt in the box from when I bought it a few weeks ago so I will take £25 on it.

As for the stadium. They have the licence so the big rave about the size of the disc on the PS3 should have enabled them to include all Prem/Spanish and Italian ones at the very least - lazy if you ask me.

i agree cocker. about time they started making an effort on the faces. or at least did the major players of each squad (mgp, bentley, brad, nelsen, sav, benni, rsc, sav, dunn, tugs, emo...).

on the subject of part exchanges: i took lego star wars 2, oblivion, fifa 07, project gotham racing and smackdown vs raw 07 and only got £34 (Xbox 360). So if you can get Fifa for a tenner then i'd bite their hands off. thieving gits! still i didn't play those games so i see it as halo 2 and fifa for £48 really.

playing online- on fifa 07 you had to meet in the lounge area and invite from there. don't know if that helps you?

I think to challenge someone from your "friends" list you have to go into the lobbies and do it from there. I shall have a look tonight.

Would be great to play some of you guys, even better if we can setup one of the online leagues.

I got Fifa08 for the Wii today and I think it is very good. It has the normal game, but also a couple of footy party games on it too which are quite fun and good to play with people who aren't really interested in football.

The normal game is very good too. It has two modes...a family mode where you just use the remote, and an advanced mode where you use the remote and the nunchuck. It's quite difficult at first trying to coordinate everything, but once you get the hang of it, it is really good. I can see myself playing on this game all the time!

Just got Fifa 08 on 360 and have to say it is a vast improvement on last years. Much better controls, more realistic, better graphics (Rovers players actually have some resemblance to their real life counterparts now!) On the minus side it's bloody hard to score and there are still too many Row Z shots inside the area (esp. with McCarthy). Still I celebrate every goal as if it were real life and that's got to be a good thing - oh and it got me away from Halo 3!

Anyone up for a game on Live?

Do we have a league for brfcs?

Picked it up today. Will want a little go before i join the league though.

Just a thought though, someone said that online you cant play the same team against each other. How do you make this fair, we dont want someone picking Milan and someone else going Rovers (not that Rovers couldnt beat Milan in real life of course)

Just been beating Real Madrid 1-0 and the tosspot cut the connection - he was called downing12345 - avoid him.

And another - Jonnyboy242 was losing in penalties with Man City when he decided to log out. Name and shame if you find any more lads cos this is really pissing me off - my stats show 100% losses despite winning at least three games before these clowns log out.

Archived