BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fifa 2008

Guest Kamy100

I'm playing it on pro. I don't expect it to be easy and it isn't a bad thing that it is hard, although I would say that no matter how bad the team you are playing against is supposed to be the defenders are always very good, which is a bit stupid.

I just wish they had developed the be a pro mode into a sort of career mode.

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Few questions about the career mode:

Anyone ever had a transfer offer accepted?

How do your players improve? I see that they gather points, do you then add them on or does it do it automatically?

Do you have to go game-by-game or can you go day-by-day?

Few questions about the career mode:

Anyone ever had a transfer offer accepted?

How do your players improve? I see that they gather points, do you then add them on or does it do it automatically?

Do you have to go game-by-game or can you go day-by-day?

Not tried to buy but have sold and loaned some players.

You get points to improve the players. I started by going and doing this myself but I just got bored so you can set it to auto - which saves time for something you dont really notice anyway.

I think it only goes game by game too - I am near the end of my first season now too.

Semi Pro - is easy to score

Pro - Difficult

World Class - Very difficult.

As for the run down the wing and cross and score, its nonesense! Up the level and the computer ups its 'learning' level and trust me you wont score so easy then!

Yeah, anything under pro and you can just jog and then sprint and cross it in. Once you get pro and above you have to be more creative. Crossing is still effective and I'd say it's how I usually score, but you can't rely on it.

The first three games of the Fifa 08 PS3 BRFC League have been played. Kamy absolutely stuffed me 2-0 and went on to beat Cocker 1-0. Just afterwards me and Cocker played a hard fought game with a piece of Benni McCarthy skill edging it for me. Cocker seems to have mastered one or two of the skill moves though... So that's two games a piece for the three of us - who else is ready for joining?

One thing I find a little poor is that when you are invited to a game you just get a notification in the ticker tape box at the bottom - nothing to really grab your attention, nor is it obvious how to accept the invitation.

For anyone joining up from now, if you are invited to a game, you must log in to the league screen, click on the name of whoever invited you and select accept invite.

Go forth!

The first three games of the Fifa 08 PS3 BRFC League have been played. Kamy absolutely stuffed me 2-0 and went on to beat Cocker 1-0. Just afterwards me and Cocker played a hard fought game with a piece of Benni McCarthy skill edging it for me. Cocker seems to have mastered one or two of the skill moves though... So that's two games a piece for the three of us - who else is ready for joining?

One thing I find a little poor is that when you are invited to a game you just get a notification in the ticker tape box at the bottom - nothing to really grab your attention, nor is it obvious how to accept the invitation.

For anyone joining up from now, if you are invited to a game, you must log in to the league screen, click on the name of whoever invited you and select accept invite.

Go forth!

1. Both Kamy and Wolverine paid the ref off.

2. In both games we were both Rovers - My Benni Mac decided he didnt want to run

3. As Wolverine went on the attack he shouted to Emerton that there was a Barbi Q going on in the car park at ewood so he went off for a burger

4. Kamy somehow managed to swap Savage and Dunn for Kaka and Ronaldinho

5. I am sure my keeper was actually Alan Fettis with a bold wig on and a Fridel shirt

As you can tell, I am not a sore looser

Guest Kamy100

Two great games with Wolverine and Cocker. I got very lucky in both games.

Game against Wolverine was very even, the turning point being Benni Mc scoring when he was at least 5 yards offside!! 2-0 wasn't really a fair reflection as Wolverine was all over me in the first half.

Game against Cocker was a very tight affair, both of us had chances to win the game. As the game approached 90 mins suddenly Benni Mc burst into the box like he was on speed or summat and his shot was parried into the path Roque he couldn't really miss!! Cocker mate I am loving the tricks that you are pulling off.

Great start to the league and look forward to playing more games and as Wolverine said if you have a PS3 please join, the more the merrier.

Thanks again guys for 2 great matches.

It really was good, and it is typical that your goal is the first time I have seen offside missed by the in game officials!

Cocker - just noticed on your avatar page on easportsworld.com where i messaged you it has starred out one of the words. Guess the swear filter picked up on the 'cock' part. Otherwise it seems I am beeing a bit rude to you!

Cocker - just noticed on your avatar page on easportsworld.com where i messaged you it has starred out one of the words. Guess the swear filter picked up on the 'cock' part. Otherwise it seems I am beeing a bit rude to you!

Yeah I can believe that. Thats the reason I am called Rover95 on the PS3. It wouldnt let me have:-

Cocker

PaulCocker

PCocker

Cocker95

Like so many things I am the man with no name.

Anyone interested in doing something similar for the 360?

Very much so! would love a bit of cmopetition among friends. I know that I dint know anyone on this board everyone seems sorta familiar anyway bcoz of all the post.

So game on.

Must warn you. I am not any good and willl complain in advance over the STUPID STUPID AI. Its one of the worst footy games ever with regards to what teammates can and mostly cant do.... But I gues that evens itself out with player vs player.

So what do we do about rules. Should we all pick ROvers so the swuads are even. Seems a fair way of doing it. How about assistance. Semi assisted ok, or should we go for not-assisted pass and shooting?

Looking forward to a fun turno in good spirit=)

Just out of interest, how easy can you 360 boys play each other on it or are you like us PS3 owners and struggle?

What I mean by this do you have to go into the online lobby and find the other person and challenge them to a game and then once the game is over not have a replay option and have to go back into the same room and start again?

Just curious (am thinking about mailing EA to see if there is some sort of patch that can be brought out)

Just out of interest, how easy can you 360 boys play each other on it or are you like us PS3 owners and struggle?

What I mean by this do you have to go into the online lobby and find the other person and challenge them to a game and then once the game is over not have a replay option and have to go back into the same room and start again?

Just curious (am thinking about mailing EA to see if there is some sort of patch that can be brought out)

Well getting a game is rather easy. But as you say you cant get a rematch and that is, to put it mildly, annoying!

Getting undranked games can be a bit hard but the ranked ones are easy. Actually I just remembered that I havent had any luck with the league games. When I challenged another player nothing really happends. After a while he will then challenge me and I will accept... I then get a message saying the game isnt avaliable anymore.

Buttom line is that its working, but could be wayyyy better. hope you have luck with that email.

Is it equally annoying playing the AI on PS3 with players constantly running away from passes, AI superhuman abillity to win challenges and avoid tackles?

I didnt mean I was having a tough time getting to play people what I meant was its hard to find a mate if you just want to play them.

That no rematch thing is mental - how was it missed

ah ok. no clue about the finding mates. there is a search funktion for leagues but dont know if teres one for friends. I think there might be actually.

But getting a random game with some randon player is easy, but getting another one with the same player - even if you added them mas friends is not straight forward

And yes the rematch thing is ridiculus!

Gutted, my daughter accidently switched my PS3 off whilst I was online and its ruined my online connection. I have my brother coming round today though, so hopefully he will sort it out for me as he knows far more than I do about computers. Should hopefully get a game in the online league next week. After switching from semi pro to pro I have to say that the game has grown on me even more. I'm top of the league in Australia with Melbourne but I never realised they played each other 4 times so I felt I bit stupid after i'd celebrated scoring in the last 5 mins of what I thought was the league decider against Pheonix (though I looked stupid any way celebrating to a computer game). I usually pick teams that we have played in europe when doing tournaments, e.g Red Bull Salzburg in the Austrian league and cups, Feyenoord in the dutch, Wisla Krakow in the Polish, Bayern Leverkusen etc does anybody else try to do all the tournaments?

Yes absolutely, as soon as I have my own internet up and running, which will happen within the next two weeks hopefully.

I have just set up a league.

Its called BRFCS league

Password is Walker

Max 32 teams.

I suggest we all use Rovers to have an even playing field

I also suggest we allow semi assisted passing and shooting but not fully assisted

keep it clean guys =)

hope a lot will join as it would be a laugh

We could set one up in PES as well wen it comes out. Have a suspicion it might be a better game....

The problem with the league system is that there is another player in there with a name I have never seen before and no one can continue in the league until we have all played this person.

So that could be the end of the league already :(

The problem with the league system is that there is another player in there with a name I have never seen before and no one can continue in the league until we have all played this person.

So that could be the end of the league already :(

And the person who created the league cant kick him out? Another silly thing with online part...

Might be an idea to not give out the password on here, or you'll get Dingles and co. coming on.

I tell you what, if the dingles are coming on this site to so spoil our fifa ps3 league then they are a very sad bunch indeed. Anyway, how would any of them afford a PS3 :ph34r:

Archived