BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fifa 2008

Guest Kamy100

:lol:

I didn't password protect the league so anyone can just join in. I think you are right though - if this does happen, I will password protect it.

Redgengis (Dingle Basher) fixtures are now due, but if anyone else wants to join, please do so!

In the meantime we can use lounge sessions to play eachother until the next fixtures are due for us in the league...

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Update: Having at last played the real game and not the demo, I am throughly pleased. While it does have it's retarded FIFA moments (where payers can kick through other players.. things like that) it is ridiculously addictive and a good time. The style of the game has drastically changed, the long ball and sure fire fast striker long gone. Still a lot of fun though, I like the new style of game play. Be a pro is awesome. They absolutely left themselves with alot of room to work on impore and make better this great new feature.

Update: Having at last played the real game and not the demo, I am throughly pleased. While it does have it's retarded FIFA moments (where payers can kick through other players.. things like that) it is ridiculously addictive and a good time. The style of the game has drastically changed, the long ball and sure fire fast striker long gone. Still a lot of fun though, I like the new style of game play. Be a pro is awesome. They absolutely left themselves with alot of room to work on impore and make better this great new feature.

I would be interested to hear your comments in a couple of weeks time:-

Do you still think Be a Pro is good - after only being able to use it in friendlies - I love it be it seems to become pointless after you 15th game

Are more of those 'FIFA Moments' starting to anger you yet

Have you started showting at the screen every time the commentator goes on about Robbie Savage again (the sound was meant to be superior but its repeated in every match - fair enough in a friendly but when your playing through a season this could have been sorted out.

Why when I pick Rovers on line will the other bloke pick Brazil - and seemingly the game does its best to let the other player win even if its obvious you are so much better than the other bloke.

Yesterday, I played it on the PSP and to be honest it seems that more time has been spent on it. Sure, there isnt a Be a Pro mode but the game play seems better - dare I say it but the graphics do too - the player models look better - they even have better replays - I couldnt believe it.

What of this fabled update to Fifa rumoured to be available five to six weeks after launch? Is it true?

It is said the update will expand the be a pro mode for the 360 and PS3 to allow you to play a season in that position, or play online - supposedly with and against others playing the role of one player too.

I did read this somewhere but can't remember where, can't find it again and it is just an internet rumour anyway...

What would be nice would be the chance to download packs (a la FM), so we could have the proper faces or at least better approximations of them, and Ewood Park.

I took Fifa to my brother in laws for him to see and while it looks and sounds very good, the first thing my sister said is "oh, you are playing away, then?".

If they want to make it worth their while, I bet many would pay £5 or so for a 'Premier League stadia' patch. Surely at least for the teams in the interactive leagues it would be worth including. I wouldn't mind if there was some sort of rudimentary stadium builder, then they can just let the fans build all the stadia and swap wih eachother...

What of this fabled update to Fifa rumoured to be available five to six weeks after launch? Is it true?

It is said the update will expand the be a pro mode for the 360 and PS3 to allow you to play a season in that position, or play online - supposedly with and against others playing the role of one player too.

I did read this somewhere but can't remember where, can't find it again and it is just an internet rumour anyway...

The thing here is though that I am sure when they were first touting the game around that the Be a Pro mode was one of the big selling points and they talked about playing as 1 player on line. So, it looks like they had to drop one of the main selling points of the game and make it into a kind of bonus game.

I hold out the hope for the update though

The thing here is though that I am sure when they were first touting the game around that the Be a Pro mode was one of the big selling points and they talked about playing as 1 player on line. So, it looks like they had to drop one of the main selling points of the game and make it into a kind of bonus game.

I hold out the hope for the update though

Brokeback eddie... haha.

Anyway are we the only two axboxers here?

Just wanted to say that I might be going to tokyo for a few weeks so wont be online playing. I will be back to compete though.

OK, the flaws in this game are creeping out of the woodwork now.

I am fed up of every single 50-50 challenge resulting in the opposition coming away with the ball. They can drift through my players like they aren't even there and recover from tackles much quicker than I can. Even worse, my players often bump into each other, meaning I can't control either of them, alowing the opposition to sprint away. The 'automatic' player switching is retarded and when I override it, it overrides me. Several times I have gone a goal down because me and the PS3 are arguing over which defender I want to control, so they just stand and watch.

Can anyone explain to me how the computer controlled players can regularly dribble with the ball the width of the pitch several times with two of my players surrounding him but not getting a tackle on him, while I can barely go anywhere near the opposition with the ball in case they stick a leg anywhere near me and suck the damn ball away?

On anyone elses game, does the ref totally ignore all fouls but blow up constantly for 'pressing'?

I don't know why, but this game has gone form good to utter @#/? for me in a matter of 24 hours...

AND I WISH THE ###### UTTER ###### ###### THAT KEEP PICKING BARCELONA ONLINE WOULD (Please don't use that word again) OFF AND DIE IN SOME HOLE

I am fed up of every single 50-50 challenge resulting in the opposition coming away with the ball. They can drift through my players like they aren't even there and recover from tackles much quicker than I can. Even worse, my players often bump into each other, meaning I can't control either of them, alowing the opposition to sprint away. The 'automatic' player switching is retarded and when I override it, it overrides me. Several times I have gone a goal down because me and the PS3 are arguing over which defender I want to control, so they just stand and watch.

Can anyone explain to me how the computer controlled players can regularly dribble with the ball the width of the pitch several times with two of my players surrounding him but not getting a tackle on him, while I can barely go anywhere near the opposition with the ball in case they stick a leg anywhere near me and suck the damn ball away?

On anyone elses game, does the ref totally ignore all fouls but blow up constantly for 'pressing'?

I don't know why, but this game has gone form good to utter @#/? for me in a matter of 24 hours...

AND I WISH THE ###### UTTER ###### ###### THAT KEEP PICKING BARCELONA ONLINE WOULD (Please don't use that word again) OFF AND DIE IN SOME HOLE

What he said :rolleyes:

Yep, echo those comments.

And the idiots that always used to pick Real Madrid or Arsenal a couple of years ago are the reason I very rarely go online.

Plus, when you beat these idiots with someone like Rovers they quit on you anyway :angry:

been weighing this up for a few weeks now- thinking if i should get fifa or wait for pro evo on the PS3.

after the above few comments, i presume waiting for pro evo is the right move!?

Beat them??? I wouldn't know!

To be honest even when I win its not normally because I have done something good but because its rebounded off 2 of their defenders and fallen to me on the Penelty spot.

SD4E Posted Today, 18:19

been weighing this up for a few weeks now- thinking if i should get fifa or wait for pro evo on the PS3.

after the above few comments, i presume waiting for pro evo is the right move!?

You would be wiser than the rest of us if you waited for Pro Evo. To be fair, some people still really like FIFA so what I recomened for you is to wait till next friday when pro evo comes out. Get yourself down to the shop and ask them for a go on each one before you make your choice (Remember that the kits are not important as the option file will sort this out)

Let us know what you end up picking :tu:

I have calmed down now :lol:

Just been playing it again and I have tried mucking about with the camera angle. I have found that playing the actual game using the 'Be A Pro Mode' camera angle is much better and tends to combat the linear feel to the movement.

I have had much more luck with tackling at the camera angle seems to give you a wider understanding of the pitch, and who is where. More than anything it is a little easier to find space to run into and to shrug off pressure from the opposition.

What is very good about this camera angle is when you score - it feels and looks far better. Just scored with Dunn from just outside the box and watched it float in past the keeper. Dare I say it - the few games I played felt more realistic and the replays of any goals also look more realistic. If anyone hasn't already tried it, I would recommend giving it a go!

The downside is when it comes to defending, the camera becomes a little erratic as it is right above the action and it is easy to lose track of where your defenders are.

I have to keep plugging away at this as I won't be able to afford PES - I may rent it to see if it is worth trading in, though.

I disagree with both comments - When i play the opposition stuggle to get more than 20 yards without me getting a challenge in!

Also the player swithching can be slightly annoying but I just press to get the other player back - quite simple really!

Still enjoying Fifa. In my 1st league, 28 games gone, top of the league by 2 points.

As I said, when I overide it, it overides me and I am left switching to a defender I want, the PS3 switching me back to the other, me back and so on and so on until the opposition score. This is with auto switching off.

As I mentioned in my last post, the camera angle change has made a difference.

Finished my 1st full season in the premier league and won it by 2 points with Blackburn.

I am nearly at that point too. Have won the smarties cup (didnt puch much effort into those celebrations did they) Will be interesting to see what happens when you win the league (am in the final of the FA cup too)

Dont spoil it for me though :rolleyes:

Also, did you find that nearer the end of the season it became harder to score. I was banging them in at first but now the keepers seem like superman

Wolverine - Just logged in to switch the league back to your control and it says - you have not created or joined a league.

Did you cancel it by mistake?

Want to set another up? (Bit unfair things being all square but I will give you and Kammy a goal head start)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Kamy100

The FIFA 08 update is out.

You can now play 5v5 online which is an absolute blast. Also the offline gameplay is now much more responsive now which is excellent.

Archived