BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Euro Travel Thread

Glenn

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:rover: a little bird told me the game is in volos,and a holiday in skiathos might be a good idea,ferry £25 return :brfc:

We are able to book holidays to Skiathos, including one night accommodation in Volos. Such holidays can be tailored made (normally cheaper) or booked via any tour operator.

Public transport links between Athens and Volos do not appear as good as Athens to Larisa. Now the match appears to have been confirmed for Volos we are expecting the few remaining seats on the coach transfers to quickly sell. if you wish to book on the coach prices are as follows;

Match transfers £45

Match Transfers (when booked with hotels) £35

Match transfers (when booked with flight inclusive package) £25

Paul

Staying Away

0871 423 5057

PS please mention this site when booking; for every booking arising from the site we will make a contribution to BRFCS.com

We are able to book holidays to Skiathos, including one night accommodation in Volos. Such holidays can be tailored made (normally cheaper) or booked via any tour operator.

Public transport links between Athens and Volos do not appear as good as Athens to Larisa. Now the match appears to have been confirmed for Volos we are expecting the few remaining seats on the coach transfers to quickly sell. if you wish to book on the coach prices are as follows;

Match transfers £45

Paul

Staying Away

0871 423 5057

PS please mention this site when booking; for every booking arising from the site we will make a contribution to BRFCS.com

Are they transfers to Athens?

Are they transfers to Athens?

Transfers are from Athens to Larisa or, as seems more likely now (anyone seen any official confirmation yet, Volos with return after the game. Coaches will depart from Athens to arrive in Larisa/Volos approx 4/5 hours before kick off.

Paul

Staying Away

0871 423 5057

Subject to driving hours regs and kick off time we may be able to spend longer in Volos/Larissa.

Anyone seen any official confirmation the game is to be played in Volos?

Official site advises that more information should be available at the end of today.

Paul, I'll probably end up doing the coach to be honest. I'm just waiting to find out if im travelling on my tod or with my mate and i'll give you a call

Ricky - as per your PM, hotel and match transfer all booked for you. Sent you a PM with some details but your Inbox is full so it was returned. Can you give me a call

Paul

0871 423 50057

Match transfers £45

Paul

Staying Away

0871 423 5057

So what's an approximate one/two/night price for the whole kit and kaboodle i.e. flight, accomodation, all coach transfers etc?

So what's an approximate one/two/night price for the whole kit and kaboodle i.e. flight, accomodation, all coach transfers etc?

Based on Manchester departures and 3 star Marina hotel (central), 2 nights £364 and 3 nights £394. Savings can be made by using a 2 star hotel and/or departing from Birmingham or London. We also have 4 and 5 star hotels available.

Because it appears rail/bus links between Athens/Volos are poor we have had a surge of bookings for the coach so availability of match transfers is becoming very limited. Early booking is advised.

For more details, prices from other airports and/or with different hotels, or to check availability call Staying Away 0871 423 5057. Please remember to tell us you are responding to our post as we make a contribution to BRFCS.com for every booking which arises from the site.

Greek tourist information site http://www.gnto.gr/pages.php?pageID=804&langID=2 if you go on downloads there are some excellent maps including a street maps of Athens and Volos. ( Stadium is at the top left hand corner no 20 )

wiki travel on volos http://www.gnto.gr/pages.php?pageID=804&langID=2

sorry wiki travel should be http://wikitravel.org/en/Volos

I’ll be landing in Thessaloniki around 1:30am Thursday morning…try and grab a few hours at the airport, before heading into town to catch the train to Larissa, then a connection to Volos….

anyone staying in Volos, if so any Hotels worth checking out were fellow fans will be for thursday night? and what are the plans for pre and after match celebrations?….I suppose it all depends on where people are staying….any feed back would be welcome before I make my final decision.

Is anyone putting on transfers from Thessaloniki for those staying there?

If not it looks like the train

The transfers we have arranged are from Athens. Mainly because there are more flights into Athens so more likley there would be sufficeint demand to justify the cost. However, we subject to numbers we can arrange transfers from Thessaloniki but we need a good idea of numbers interested to see if it is worthwhile doing. If you are flying to Thessaloniki and interested in transfers please contact me ASAP.

Paul

Staying Away

0871 423 5057

Still thinking about booking to Greece for Rovers UEFA match v Larisa? This morning Lufthansa have added extra availability at their lowest fare. We can now offer 3 night packages, including flight (inc tax), 2* hotel, and match transfers for just £319 pp based on twin share. Flights from Manchester

3, 4, & 5 star hotels also available, as are 2 night packages and flights from other UK airports. Please call for details. When calling please mention that you are responding to this post as we make a contribution to BRFCS.com for all bookings arising from the site.

If you have already booked flights we still have hotel availability and places on our transfer coaches.

Paul

Staying Away Ltd

0871 423 5057

Archived