BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Euro Travel Thread

Glenn

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

booked- BA to Athens, staying in Athens then Staying away transport to and from the game. Can't wait!! Oldest nephew (Chelsea supporter) wants to come. Has promised to support Blackburn properly if I take him to an away game abroad (not this one though). Ah...... I love the scent of bribery in the morning!!

booked- BA to Athens, staying in Athens then Staying away transport to and from the game. Can't wait!! Oldest nephew (Chelsea supporter) wants to come. Has promised to support Blackburn properly if I take him to an away game abroad (not this one though). Ah...... I love the scent of bribery in the morning!!

Newest recruit to the love bus.

Good to see there will be a few going, including some who've not been to a Euro away game. There are 9 of us - initially there were 3, then 4, then 5 and now 9 ! ha.

I'm really looking forward to this one. We get to Athens for tea time on Weds (Manchester - Frankfurt - Athens flight) so that gives us a full night out there, then on Thursday make way to Volos (which looks superb) - there are meant to be over 300 bars there (!!). I think Rovers fans should set up camp on the sea front, where there appears to be a few bars. Anyone taking a blow up footy for a game of beach football ?

We have all day & night Friday in Athens, then fly back early Saturday morning, with a hangover.

I live near Volos..great city. Try the Tsipero at the small tavernas on the front..like raki..double distilled Ouzo..comes with plates of food and dead cheap. Most Amstel or local Mythos beer in smaller places only 2,5o euros/pint.

I'm a Chelski fan, but better dead than Red, and I'll be there to support you.

A few dodgy bars in the back streets of the Stadium end of town..watch out for the Russian birds!!!

Its a shame we keep getting clubs in the back of beyond where it requires loads of travel to get there. If we got a city club, where you can get a flight to more or less direct (like holland last year) then you would see a good rovers support there!

Its a shame we keep getting clubs in the back of beyond where it requires loads of travel to get there. If we got a city club, where you can get a flight to more or less direct (like holland last year) then you would see a good rovers support there!

This season is probably more representative of the destinations we are likely to get in the early stages of future UEFA Cup campaigns. As long as we qualify for Europe on a regular basis, and keep doing reasonably well, we will always be seeded so will be drawn to play unseeded clubs in the early rounds. The majority of Western European teams, especially from the major leagues, are also seeded. The majority of unseeded teams are from Eastern Europe, Scandanavia, and the former Soviet states. Whilst this remains the case the odds are stacked heavily against us getting drawn against anyone like Salzburg again in the qualifying rounds.

Last season we were extremely lucky to always draw teams located close to international airports which were easily accessible and cheap to get to. Even in the group stage, the 2 away games against Feyenoord and Krakow were the 2 easiest and cheapest to travel to in the group.

As we progress in the tournament, hopefully the unseeded clubs from the far flung corners of Europe (and Asia!) will be eliminated and we will have a good chance of eventually drawing the top teams from the major leagues in Western Europe.

I was slightly misled by the rovers website which says the tickets for Larissa are on open sale. Popped down to Ewood to find all we are able to do is hand in our ticket application forms.

'No tickets have arrived from Greece ' the young man explained ' hopefully tomorrow definitely Friday'.

Which as we all know probably means no chance tomorrow maybe Friday.

I offered to pay for my ticket, so it just had to be posted out on arrival but apparently the price has not been set, its £ 14 on the web site but could be different.

Apparently I will be contacted by phone when the tickets arrive, then can pay with a credit card and the tickets posted out to me. ( hopefully not with the efficiency of the season tickets). So the best I am hoping for is arriving by Monday. I leave 6 am Tuesday

I did not make a fuss it was not the young mans fault but its so frustrating why can't two clubs competing for gods sake in the Uefa Cup not sort out such a fundamental matter as getting the tickets out on sale in a reasonable time. :angry::angry:

Just about to book my standby flights Zurich-Thessaloniki, return Athens-Zurich…as the loads looking dodgy for the return…I was hoping to get a forum member attending the game to pick me up a ticket….now after today’s ticket announcement that doesn’t look possible and what are the chances of posting at the earliest tomorrow evening and getting the ticket back here in Germany/Switzerland before I'm supposed to set off next Wednesday…bugger! :(

Archived