BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Uefa Cup First Round Draw

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Best possible draw we could get. Especially because we play away first. Matches in Greece can be hot, but this one isn't too hot to handle. And then, at home, we'll finish them.

Larissa (there was a girl in my class with this name. Not that hot though) - Blackburn Rovers

1-1

Blackburn Rovers - Larissa

3-0

Rovers should go through comfortably against this particular team, a small step-up from MaPa but not much. I predict a 4-1 agg win for rovers

Funnily enough I visited Larisa in the summer, not much their really. Thessaloniki is about 1hr and half away, so your best bet is to o from Manchester to Thessaloniki (unless anyone can find a direct flight to Thessaly). Loads to do in Thessaloniki it’s a lovely city, with plenty of pubs, taverna’s & clubs.

There is also a train and coach service from Thessaloniki to Larissa ( not sure how reliable they are though)

Manchester Swiss Air all the way via Zurich to Thessalonika. Arrive Weds 1.45am Dept Sat 4.30am. 5 hours there and 5 hours back. £203

Looks like the the E75 is a motorway between the two cities and it slooks about 150k max. Should be easy. Looks like Wednesday night will be a night in Thessalonika?

Best possible draw we could get. Especially because we play away first. Matches in Greece can be hot, but this one isn't too hot to handle. And then, at home, we'll finish them.

Larissa (there was a girl in my class with this name. Not that hot though) - Blackburn Rovers

1-1

Blackburn Rovers - Larissa

3-

Unfortunate use of the word "HOT"

Due to the fires in Greece the stert of their season has been postponed.Should have been this Saturday.

Looking at the possibilities I had thought this would be the best possible draw for us, would that be a fair assumption? Has Lady Luck finally got over her beef with us cos of Souness?

She has only just been released from the clink after "mugging" us so many times during the Souness years and has vowed to go on the straight and narrow in future.

;)

On 25 August the Super League and Hellenic Football Federation decided to postpone the opening fixtures scheduled for that weekend (25th and 26th) due to the ongoing fire disaster in the south of Greece (especially in the Peloponnese). A rescheduled starting date has yet to be announced.

So we should have a big advantage in the fitness stakes.

Larissa finished 10th out of 16 last season and qualified by winning the Greek Cup.

They were only promoted to the Fist Division in 2005.

If we can't beat these we should be shot.

(If we do lose there may be a consolation of some free food on Darwen Street)

I think that's a good draw considering we could have got Dynamo Zagreb or Locomotiv Sofia who are both excellent european outfits. :)

I'm a bit worried about the weather there though for the first leg. Hopefully the hot temperatures will have calmed down by the time the UEFA Cup kicks off. :(

Archived