BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Diana

Brian Blessed?

His role as the hawkmen's leader in Flash Gordon obviously left a massive mark on you?

I don't know why people have to snipe. It's OK to have negative opinions, but I don't think it's what the original poster was looking for. :)

Thanks for the support Bryan. ;)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

come on get a grip..the two silver spoons are milking there greif for every penny,why cant they they remember there mam quietly and privately instead of having all this billyballoo.I lost my dad and miss him but i dont go down to the pub and have a karoke night for him ...i think about him and have a chat with my mum and dont go over the top.Its like ste b said its like the sciouse syndrome

Feel sorry for William and Harry losing their mother, i lost my dad when i was 14 so I sort of know what it must have been like for them but I don't agree with all this happening 10 years later, you need to get on with your life after something like that .

As for "Queen of hearts" and "The people's princess" that the media like to call her - dont make me laugh.

Mother Theresa??

Bingo

QUOTE(cletus @ Sep 2 2007, 01:33 )

What? has Diana died?

OMG!!!

That's not funny.

Yes it was.

You said so yourself, "I wasnt around during her life time"

I was, and I've posted my opinion. Dont let the Media Hype and Al'Fayed's bluster confuse you

Some facts about the “Peoples Princess”

• Her family is amongst the most privileged and excessively wealthy in the country, infact it has been suggested that the spencers actually have royal blood

• Diana flung herself at Charles, as she craved a royal title and all the privileges that went with it.

• Diana was equally as much a charlatan as Prince Charles I not worse (take a look at their second child).

• Diana apparently believed she could bring the royal family down; this is quite believable after analysing her behaviour.

• Her Charity work had one sole aim, marketing brand Diana.

• The reason why there was mass hysteria after her death was drummed up by 10 downing st and some republican newspaper editors, in hope of de-stabilising the monarchy

• What did Diana achieve do, to be looked upon so favourably, she had an extremely privileged life , that got even more privileged when she married into the royal family

• There are many people who have died throughout history that have contributed a million times more to humanity than the Sycophant , grandiose Diana, yet sadly she will be remembered because she was a good actor

• Diana was equally as much a charlatan as Prince Charles I not worse (take a look at their second child).

Whilst I am sure that she also played the field, I think all this second child stuff is nonsense. The fact that he doesn't look like Charles means nothing. I know plenty of children who look nothing like their father, or either of their parents, sometimes even having red hair when neither of their parents do. It is possible that they all happen to be he products of affairs, but that seems unlikely.

Aren't most of those opinions, not facts?

I don't get upset about Diana, I was 16 at the time, and it didn't bother me then either. I didn't know her and I didn't idolise her, but if someone wants to remember her/get upset about it, then it's up to them. If a Rovers player died, I'd be upset...even though I don't know them personally and I'd hope there would be some remembrance ceremony. Just because I dont get upset about Diana doesn't mean I'll berate others who do. If William and Harry want to have this 10 year anniversary do then good on them...if that will make them happy, great, it doesn't affect me in any way.

It's ok to say xyz died and they didn't get in the papers, but we might as well face facts, famous people will get in the papers. They live their lives through the media, so it is obviously going to be 'news' when they die. They have 'fans' etc, whereas I don't...apart from my mum, dad and partner :P .

Whilst I am sure that she also played the field, I think all this second child stuff is nonsense. The fact that he doesn't look like Charles means nothing. I know plenty of children who look nothing like their father, or either of their parents, sometimes even having red hair when neither of their parents do. It is possible that they all happen to be he products of affairs, but that seems unlikely.

He looks quite like his uncle the Earl Spencer

A real Inspiration.

Sad news about an amazing woman. This puts the 10 year on Diana hysteria people to shame. How many of them will shed a tear or buy flowers for her? <_<

You could say that about a lot of things though, for example, the young lad Rhys Jones in Liverpool who got shot. People, myself included, got upset about that. Some people went and put flowers down, should they feel ashamed at putting flowers down for him, but not for this woman? I can see your point, and I agree that this is one amazing woman, but people will get upset over different things, why should they feel shame for that?

Like I said in a previous post, some people will get upset and it'll make news when someone famous dies. When it is an 'average joe' who dies, it's the stories that make 'news' and that sell papers are circulated.

Your post has made me stop and think. Your right, and I feel a little guilty about getting more upset about Rhys, than the 23 year old dieing of cancer where my partner works. Maybe it is because I have become de-sensitised to people dieing of an illness, because I see it/hear it everyday. Maybe it's the shock that another human being has caused this young lads life to be taken away when there was no need, and without him, Rhys might have lived to 100.

I don't think you can even compare Rhys Jones and the tragedy that he suffered with Diana and even Jane Tomlinson. The poor lads life had hardly even began.

I am not saying people should feel ashamed about laying flowers when a tragedy occurs but they should keep it in perspective. Diana had all the ingredients for promoting charities and raising money, where as Jane Tomlinson did so against the odds.

Was it Noel Gallagher who commented that a large percentage off people who went to lay flowers and cried after Diana's death would not have bothered to go to their own Grandmothers funeral. I think he had a point..............

My god It's amazing how quickly everybody is jumping on the 'It's trendy to knock Diana' bandwagon. The girl was used as good breeding stock by the royal family and Camilla horse face just bided her time. She was then unceremoniously dumped when she had served her purpose. She had every right to extract as much revenge as she could and I applaud her for it.

It was very convenient for them when she died and they must have heaved a sigh of relief.

My god It's amazing how quickly everybody is jumping on the 'It's trendy to knock Diana' bandwagon. The girl was used as good breeding stock by the royal family and Camilla horse face just bided her time.

Camilla horse face eh ?

Nice to see you're jumping on the "It's trendy to knock Camilla " bandwagon.

It's a pity Charles didn't marry the bloody woman in the first place and save Prince Philip the trouble of having to bump her off .......allegedly :unsure:

Another "fact" is that redheads are quite common in the Spencer family . You can be sure that every news editor in the world will know the contents of Harry's DNA by now....

79.jpg

I remember the day that I found out she had died and i couldn't care about it then, and i care even less now. What i find amazing is that despite the fact that it was 10 frigging years ago that she died, she has managed to get on the front cover of a tabloid about 1 in 3 days, usually the Express.

My god It's amazing how quickly everybody is jumping on the 'It's trendy to knock Diana' bandwagon

It's not a case of jumping on the bandwagon, it's more a case of people fed up of hearing that she was Little Miss Perfect for the last 10 years, when clearly she wasn't. She did have her good points but had as many bad.

I remember my Gran telling me shortly after she died... when she saw it on the news in the morning she went to wake my Grandad up, she told him "Diana's dead" to which he replied "Is Hendry all right?" (he suffered concussion after a clash of heads at the away game at Wimbledon the day before!) :lol:

My god It's amazing how quickly everybody is jumping on the 'It's trendy to knock Diana' bandwagon. The girl was used as good breeding stock by the royal family and Camilla horse face just bided her time. She was then unceremoniously dumped when she had served her purpose. She had every right to extract as much revenge as she could and I applaud her for it.

It was very convenient for them when she died and they must have heaved a sigh of relief.

No the trend is that people were shunned or told to shut up if you didn’t eulogise and martinise the life of Diana previously, recently people are wising up to dians’s real mission , which was self- motivated interest. I never liked the women even when she was living; Posh spice is lower class contempory version IMO, media attention grabbing, trying to paint themselves as whiter than white, when the truth is they are not

I've got no problems with Diana, she didn't have a particularly happy life and was used by many people including the Fayeds and the media. The fact that she was a beautiful woman and involved with the Royal Family made her very newsworthy and she wasn't treated very well by any of them including her own family.

I've no problems with Camilla either.

I can't understand why so many people are so bitter about the whole thing.

• 8 months later...

Archived