BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Stanley In Trouble

philipl

And unlike top flight clubs they dont have £50m worth of Sky cash each season to play with.

Funny enough, stressed Eric was moaning about that on Radio Lancs tonight, "we could ask to borrow some of that 50 million from Blackburn"

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Admittedly I haven't been local to the area for a good 8 years or so but even with all the reasons as to why they didn't/couldn't reduce S/T prices... it just strikes me as inevitable as to what would happen! If I was selling eggs for £1 and the guy next door was selling better quality ones at 75p, then which ones would you buy? Maybe that's a crap analogy when it comes to football but then again, if it is a crap analogy, doesn't it say something about the loyalty of Stanley fans?

Also I don't know what the usual prices are for a season ticket in League 2 these days... or what Stanley's S/T prices were last season.

Indeed El T but we all know the complexities of being a fan of a club and as he says in the Interview- when they folded last time so did the support really and the generation continuation didn't follow on for them traditionallyas would with other clubs.

Now they have to try and get that support back but they will struggle immensely unless there is some support from 'investment' into the club ie businesses , which some who may at one time have been interested, are alerady fixed up with clubs ie Rovers and our friends down the road.

Reducing prices below the standard at that level will only lead to more problems (they can only reduce so far )and a probable quick route back to where they just came from. It would appear they are a well run club with no 'debt' (similar to Rovers really) and can't take the risk of reducing prices too much considering what they have to compete with. (ie there are solid numbers of Rovers and Bumleh fans as well as good numbers of MU/Liverpool/Citeh/Leeds fans). Add that to the SKY and the availability of a better standard of football at possibly cheaper prices and the catchment of the younger generation.

I am ex bash/accy but now live in Wigan (frequently go back over there though) but from what little I know I think they have a lot of initiaties 'in the pipeline' and have just bought/leased the Crown Pub as their own but it will be no easy job for them -and certainly not as simple as just reducing season tickets.

Stanley playing home today (3pm).

A rare home game with no competition for support from their neighbours.

It will be a good test of their support.

:brfc:

I wonder how many people might have gone to watch them,but won`t because of the price of tickets?

If they had put on a special offer,it would have been a good chance to get more people through the gate and maybe encourage more people to come back in the future?

I dont see why you cant supprt two teams..Rovers & Stanley are worlds apart and their is no conflict of interest other than same day hom,e games Prrior to promotion watching Stanley was cheap to watch An away game like Burton would cost £8 for the ground,£8 for the coach.and .Prematch drinking in the supporters club of the ground you wre visiting..Stepping down to take level again wouldnt be the end of enjoying watching them..In the season they got promoted they started bad so,finances apart, its not over for them yet..

Maybe Accy is a realistic target for MyFootballClub! I've certainly set mine preferred choice as a potential club to buy as Accy Stanley

As have I, and I've paid my £35.

For anyone remotely interested in the possibility of helping out Stanley, or just for taking part in an intriguing and exciting football experiment - have a look at MyFootballClub.

They're not guaranteed to buy out Stanley, but it can't hurt to get behind them especially when in times of such dire need.

What if your £35 ends up getting pumped into Leeds United and they use it to buy a couple of Burnley players? Hang on! What's that web address again?!

There's no way our purchase fund could possibly afford a club like Leeds (and its debts bigger than most countries in Africa). Leeds have been doing pretty well of late, now they've got no points.

Even if we don't buy Stanley, there's no way we'd be getting anything bigger than another League 2 side, so I'm not concerned. There's even talk of buying Bury.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived