BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Trouble At Football Matches

Ozz

Yeh i know the adidas suisse (swiss), i know a few people who have them still from back in the day but not in the greatest of condition. With regards to policing at games, certain games are not policed every season and trouble always happens. We went to Villa a few seasons ago on a police free game and it kicked off pretty bad after the game, windows on the coach were smashed.

was that when we one 4-1 in the fa cup? jansen and yorke had 2 each. i was there

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I absolutely agree with your post and one earlier made by Stu about customer service. It's time these sort of jobsworths remember that supporters are paying customers. Maybe an item for the Fans Forum together with a suggestion that the said 'lady' is sent over to the Darwen End for a stint - it appeared to me that there were quite a few standers over there she might enjoy a tussle with :angry: .

Obviously there are rules about various things but there are ways of dealing with them with common sense, manners and without attitude.

may not be a paying customer much longer mum the last two weeks have shown me how much my money and contribution as a fan is not needed..im serious about handing tickets back and going to the broncos every year instead.....rovers fan friendly 0/10 broncos 10/10

The other thing that surprised me was that there were no police at the game! Is that common practise? Looking at the stewards they have I wouldnt have thought school leavers were suitably qualified to be able to deal with any trouble!

Someone mentioned on here about walking through Wood End in Coventry - that was rather brave! I did teaching practice there and it was a fantastic experience! It isnt a particularly nice area but the kids were delightful and most parents were ok! A lot of money has been put into that area for regeneration!!!

Interesting. Normally my sister and/or my brother in law police the odd game, and actually did the first Villa vs. Big Club derby a few years ago (the one where about 3 people got sent off, including Dublin for nutting Savage).

I had to go to Wood End as we were staying in my then girlfriend's brother's house, which I locked us out of. We had to walk that way to get to her mum's house. Had to walk through a burnt out playpark. Nice. Still, I have had to go through Toxteth on a coach on a post-grad trip to Liverpool. Not sure they had rebuilt it after the riots!

Vintage Adidas

Was and still am a big fan on Trimm Trab (and yes, I know the cocked the re-releases up by using Ghilly lacing, but meh) and I've got some original Munchen in the loft (like Trimm Trabs but with a nylon upper not suade) along with several reissued campus and superstars. I keep an eye out for unusual rereleases.

Somebody way up there mentioned adidas with a light up heal, I'm guessing you're thinking of the LA Trainer (circa 1984 Olympics) which has pull out pegs to change the heal density.

The other thing that surprised me was that there were no police at the game! Is that common practise?

Some games I'm sure it is, but the ones that come to mind where there were'nt any appear to be the ones where there has been trouble - might be why it those we only know about (remember Villa v QPR in the Cup the other season)

Interestingly enough, whenever I have been to Coventry the Lancashire Police have always been in tow as with other games.

Surprised you didn't see them pr***s outside moorgate, we was passing in car when it happened.

Not condoning any of it but was hoping the pub would empty and kick the bullying scumbags all the way back to mancland.

I saw D sat in the car on our way up the hill so I must have missed it by seconds, when I walked in the moorgate three old heads were stood at the door, surprised they never got involved as they never used to be backwards in coming forwards!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived