BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Tugay?

BRFC4EVA

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If there is a testimonial for any player at our club I think the money should either go to his chosen charity or the game should be free.

Correct. It's crass stupidity now considering they are all millionaires and no longer need to buy a newsagents, or a window cleaning round or pub etc. It's them who should be thanking us.

Which reminds me I was chatting to 'Meccy' last night in the pub. He had a decent testimonial but has always had to work for a living since retiring. Strange how just two decades later I'd prob have had to go to Puerto Banus or Quinto do Lago to chat to him.

Tugay says he wants to play until hes 40 and i dont think hes started particually bad this season yes hes had some daft moments but overall he just seems a good squad player and hes played more games already this season than i expeted him too, Can we please discuss wether hes not up to it in January/Febuary because by that time we will have enough evidence wether or not hes up to it. I think Tugs has at least another good year in him and yes TUGAY YOU ARE MY TURKISH DELIGHT!

• 2 weeks later...

Nice tap in from Tugs today ...

In fact an impressive all round performance for a 37 year old midfielder!

I'm quite sure he doesn't need a testimonial to top up the bank balance, however the day we finally have to lose this player from our books I really hope the fans get a proper chance to say goodbye and thanks for the memories. I'd be first in the queue.

:brfc:

I think a lot of Rangers fans would appear at a farewell game for Tugay because he's still widely respected up at Ibrox. I work with a couple of Glaswegian fans and they say that he was always unlucky not to have played more for Rangers because he was a quality player and thankfully for Rovers, we grabbed him with open arms and he's certainly played into our hearts with some wonderful entertaining performances.

How long has he got left on his contract? Is it this season or next? Although Tugay is one of my favourite all time players in football, I would love to see him return to Turkey for one last season just because I know that the Turkish fans would love to see him play before he retires and I expect Tugay would love to once again grace the Turkish pitch in front of all his fans....actually we'll just send him on loan for 1 game because I don't want him to go! :P

I think Tugs is worth keeping around for next season too. He might not be what he used to be, but he's shown that he can still do a job, and as far as squad players go I think he's excellent. Model professional from what I can tell, and a good influence to have around. And that's just off the pitch!

And while he doesn't need a testimonial for financial purposes, a send-off game with profits going to a charity of Tugay's choice or something along those lines would surely be appreciated by a lot of people? A game against Galatasaray would be fitting for that. Or even just a friendly against them ahead of next season? I believe he's very highly regarded there still so would be nice for their fans too.

Nice tap in from Tugs today ...

In fact an impressive all round performance for a 37 year old midfielder!

I'm quite sure he doesn't need a testimonial to top up the bank balance, however the day we finally have to lose this player from our books I really hope the fans get a proper chance to say goodbye and thanks for the memories. I'd be first in the queue.

:brfc:

Indeed Tris.

Agree wholeheartedly with what you are saying.

The man is an absolute legend. Loved the interview with Sav on MOTD about Worsel Gumage and Aunt Sally. Tugay certainly has been one of the best players I've ever seen and will be sadly missed. I also thought it was quality as to when he ran to the bench and none of the rest of the players could catch up with him.

How long has he got left on his contract? Is it this season or next?

Tugay, as far as I'm aware, has already outlined his plans when this season is over and I believe that he will be hanging up his boots. I think that many supporters wil agree that, sadly we won't see him back at Ewood next season. However he has been a huge asset to Rovers and to think that we only signed him for £1.35million. The man has won a place in my heart and when the day arrives on his last day at Blackburn, I will have a tear in my eye.

Indeed Tris.

Agree wholeheartedly with what you are saying.

The man is an absolute legend. Loved the interview with Sav on MOTD about Worsel Gumage and Aunt Sally. Tugay certainly has been one of the best players I've ever seen and will be sadly missed. I also thought it was quality as to when he ran to the bench and none of the rest of the players could catch up with him.

Tugay, as far as I'm aware, has already outlined his plans when this season is over and I believe that he will be hanging up his boots. I think that many supporters wil agree that, sadly we won't see him back at Ewood next season. However he has been a huge asset to Rovers and to think that we only signed him for £1.35million. The man has won a place in my heart and when the day arrives on his last day at Blackburn, I will have a tear in my eye.

MH paid tribute to him on Radio Lancs today, saying that when he goes he will be irreplaceable.

Archived