BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steven Reid

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well he was a studio guest for radio Lancs, on Thursday night for the Larissa game. Anyone hear anything then?

He said he was hoping to play a game behind closed doors next week and then take it from there, i heard another rumour that he might never be able to perform at the top level again. We'll just have to wait and see and hope for the best .

He said he was hoping to play a game behind closed doors next week and then take it from there, i heard another rumour that he might never be able to perform at the top level again. We'll just have to wait and see and hope for the best .

I the latter were true, the club would be keeping quiet, not talking about Reid coming back stronger and better than ever. Is Reid your new Dunn?

I the latter were true, the club would be keeping quiet, not talking about Reid coming back stronger and better than ever. Is Reid your new Dunn?

No, and why do you say this ?

On Dunny though why cant he complete a full ninety minutes, i'm still concerned and repeat that Rovers needed a new midfielder in the summer.

No, and why do you say this ?

On Dunny though why cant he complete a full ninety minutes, i'm still concerned and repeat that Rovers needed a new midfielder in the summer.

Read your own post a few lines above. You had just stated there was a rumour to the effect that Reid is finished. I pointed out that the Rovers talk would be different were there a risk of that.

As for Dunn, the lad carried a thumping big bruise from the Larissa game into the Brum match by all accounts.

Read your own post a few lines above. You had just stated there was a rumour to the effect that Reid is finished. I pointed out that the Rovers talk would be different were there a risk of that.

As for Dunn, the lad carried a thumping big bruise from the Larissa game into the Brum match by all accounts.

Fair enough, as for the Reidy rumour it could be complete rubbish and i sincerley hope it is.

That is total nonesense! Reid will be back to normal - i can gaurantee 100% that he hasnt been told he wont return the player he was.

It wasn't meant that way so calm down Elvis!!

I was talking more about getting games in and match fitness that's all Blimey!

he was summariser on radio lancs for the larrissa game and as i wasnt there because of work i listened on t'tranny and he said HE WASNT FAR OFF ! so put that rumour to bed he also said he had been out 53 weeks and just wants to get BACK PLAYING

• 2 weeks later...
Yes the current midfield is doing a great job - but there will be injuries/suspensions and Tugay is not going to play 20+ games in a row. A fit Reid has a role to play, to what level we have to wait and see.

If Reid can replicate the form he had before his injury he would walk into the team. First class player, and exactly the sort of character we need on the pitch to continue the great run we are having.

I would imagine we will also see a central midfielder arrive in January too.

What a great season to be a Rover! Best squad since 95 at least.

Reidy played 55 minutes in central midfield and Berner got one of the goals. Others from Tracey, Peter, Clarke and Henchoz. Swiss night for the Reserves!

Rare one for Henchoz, read somewhere that he hasn't scored in the Premier League during his whole carreer..? (or does my memory fail me)

Brilliant to have Reidy back, Hughes won't rush him back though. Can't wait to see him fire away one of those thundershots of his!! :rover:

Archived