BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steven Reid

well lets go back before his injury-he was the heartbeat in our midfield-our best central midfielder by a mile..he gets injuried-has 14months out with a career threatening injury and people expect him to pick up where he left off..do you remember what he was like before his injury???

i think after a pre-season i think he could be like how he was..i think its abit unfair to judge a player after such a horrible injury-yes hes had games to get fit-maybe its a confidence thing..but fans getting on his back at games isnt going to help him

As a potentially decent Premiership quality defensive midfielder?

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
well lets go back before his injury-he was the heartbeat in our midfield-our best central midfielder by a mile..he gets injuried-has 14months out with a career threatening injury and people expect him to pick up where he left off..do you remember what he was like before his injury???

i think after a pre-season i think he could be like how he was..i think its abit unfair to judge a player after such a horrible injury-yes hes had games to get fit-maybe its a confidence thing..but fans getting on his back at games isnt going to help him

Moz,vogel was out for almost a year,came in and has done well.Roque has been plagued by injuries,he was in and out of the Bayern team,came here and has done exceptionally well.I agree with you,Reidy was really good,but does he warrant a place in the squad,based on his performances since his return from injury?

You must understand,that this is a professional business,and unless players step up to the plate,you cannot keep entertaining them if they not good enough,or their performances have been poor.Benni has found this out,and Hughes has made the point,that unless you perform,you will sit on the bench.

However i dont agree with Hughes,in keeping Reid in the team,esp as a makeshift right back,when you might have used Ooijer,or Zurab to better effect.If Reid can only play well,when there is a defensive midfielder sitting back,then i would be really worried about his ability to play the role of a midfielder,as midfielders generally are required to track back and defend.

Moz,vogel was out for almost a year,came in and has done well.Roque has been plagued by injuries,he was in and out of the Bayern team,came here and has done exceptionally well.I agree with you,Reidy was really good,but does he warrant a place in the squad,based on his performances since his return from injury?

I don't see how you can compare the two. Vogel was out due to contractural reasons but kept himself fit and reasonably sharp by going on numerous trials with clubs in order to find a new club. Reidy suffered serious injuries which would have suffered the emotional stress and baggage that comes with it.

So Eddie, if we get a big offer for Santa, you'll be shouting SELL SELL SELL :lol:

Well, let's put it this way, seeing as Santa Cruz has a horrible injury record, maybe history tells us we should sell...

If we sell someone we would replace them (a perfect example being selling Bellamy and bringing in Benni). I was simply pointing out that over the past 5/6 years that selling a player has almost always ended up being the right thing to do.

You can add Dunn to that list as well.

I'll just make this clear again before the personal attacks start:

I AM NOT SAYING THAT WE SHOULD SELL BENTLEY.

I AM NOT SAYING THAT WE SHOULD SELL SANTA CRUZ.

I AM NOT SAYING THAT WE SHOULD TURN INTO A SELLING CLUB.

All I am saying is that sometimes it is good to sell when the value of the player is high, to then reinvest and try to improve the team. It is hard to do in football, it rarely works, but we have a manager with a proven track record for bringing in players, so maybe we are well suited to it and it might be the best way for us to move forward if we don't find a new investor.

I will be totally happy if we don't sell Bentley or Santa Cruz or any of our other better players.

Hope you all got that.

Archived