BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Utterly Beautiful

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, great stuff in the nostalgic sense, but it also shows how much better off we are today in terms of accomadation at Ewood Park. Also as an aside I looked at all the other grounds featured, and found that I have been on every single one of them at some time. That was quite nostalgic too! :(

:rover: I WONDER when the footage was filmed,no police box in the darwen end enclosure,proper dug outs no perpex late 70's my guess.i must have tramped every inch off the old ground,every game we used to challenge ourseleves to go in every end,side,stand without being thrown out,the stamping off the feet in the riverside,i used to think it was a trian :brfc:

Christ, what a sh1t hole it was, great memories though, started off in the riverside as an under 10, then got a season ticket in the nuttal street stand up till i was about 14, then progressed onto the BBE, near number 9.

Started off on't railings at the front and enjoyed the coppers coming past telling us to get down and then getting straight back up the minute they sodded off.....Midnight!!!!!!! Watch yer Back!!!!!

Progressed to back of BBE when about 10, moshing about and finding myself 30 yards away from where I started when we scored...... :brfc::rolleyes:

Used to love the lads shouting "get yer t**s out for the lads" when any type of female went past.....Oh how times change..!!!

Sigh…. makes me feel as old as I am, Darwen End first half (usually), half time walk along the Riverside (diving into the Ladies Toilets to get out the way of Leicester City skin heads, first ever seen cica 68) Blackburn End second half…

Evenings in late May watching my dad captaining teams in local combination cup finals from the Nuttal Street Terrace. Evening Reserve matches, under floodlights sneaking in and sitting on the benches up in the Riverside Stand…..

And sat with my Grandad in the Nuttal Street Stand eating Cough Candy bought at the bottom of Livsey Branch Road…at my first ever game approx 64/65…now that makes me cry.

Thanks for the memories that have just come flooding back….sniff

Archived