BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Utterly Beautiful

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If only there was a clue, something that could date it some how, however small...

There is a clue to the date.

If you look close enough, the groundsman is sweeping up a matchday ticket.

Put it on pause, then zoom in (not that easy unless your using the latest version of Microsoft Vista)

The ticket is Rovers v Grimsby Town Saturday 1st September.3pm kick-off. (Which means it was before Sky.)

Now if someone can check when we played Grimsby on a Saturday at 3pm on the 1st September it should narrow down the year.

alan if you are serious here were the matches played in that vintage courtesy of soccerbase:

1980/1981

English Division 2 (old) Grimsby Town 0-0 Blackburn Rovers 28-02-1981

English Division 2 (old) Blackburn Rovers 2-0 Grimsby Town 20-09-1980

1979/1980

English Division 3 (old) Grimsby Town 1-2 Blackburn Rovers 12-01-1980

English Division 3 (old) Blackburn Rovers 0-0 Grimsby Town 01-09-1979

That one there should do it.a nil nil draw.

For some reason my computer refuses to play the video. Nothing happens at all. Can anybody give me another (different) link for it?

:(

*for some reason my computer won`t play 'google video'.....would it be possible for someone to copy & post it on Youtube?

There is a clue to the date.

If you look close enough, the groundsman is sweeping up a matchday ticket.

Put it on pause, then zoom in (not that easy unless your using the latest version of Microsoft Vista)

The ticket is Rovers v Grimsby Town Saturday 1st September.3pm kick-off. (Which means it was before Sky.)

Now if someone can check when we played Grimsby on a Saturday at 3pm on the 1st September it should narrow down the year.

I must be blind, I swear it had the year there somewhere, like '79 or something? I can't check now as my work computer blocks all video :angry:

If only there was a clue, something that could date it some how, however small...

I've been chuckling to myself for the last 2 days every time I've thought of this post!

Very funny!

You get some very funny looks on the train when you're just standing there and you burst out laughing. A few people had me down as a mentalist, I reckon (and that was before I started laughing!)

:lol:

There are some good tales of the old Ewood.

One of my favourites concerns the tunnel's perspex cover.

I heard it was installed after a Box 'A' member sat above the tunnel emptied the scalding contents of his flask over a crap referee as he left the park - nothing changes! Can anyone confirm this event and the game?

How many Rovers fans climbed in for nowt over the the low wall behind the Riverside where it met the Darwen End?

Which match did Noel Brotherston chip his penalty not just over the bar but right over the Blackburn End into Kidder Street?

Which match did Howard Kendall's penalty break the Blackburn End net?

:brfc:

How many Rovers fans climbed in for nowt over the the low wall behind the Riverside where it met the Darwen End?

Was only talking about that the other night and the big blue gates on the riverside that the kids used to stand at and rush on when they were opened 15 minutes before time. A woman walked in the Blackburn end last Saturday just before time, she was picking up her daughter, and a steward asked her to leave as she didn't hold a match ticket :(

Does anyone remember the writing on the Blackburn end wall on Kidder street? 4ft high letters?!

Was only talking about that the other night and the big blue gates on the riverside that the kids used to stand at and rush on when they were opened 15 minutes before time. A woman walked in the Blackburn end last Saturday just before time, she was picking up her daughter, and a steward asked her to leave as she didn't hold a match ticket :(

Does anyone remember the writing on the Blackburn end wall on Kidder street? 4ft high letters?!

Something about our neighbours I seem to remember.....

Which match did Howard Kendall's penalty break the Blackburn End net?

God-I haven't thought about that for bloody yonks! It used to be a measure of the depth of your Rovers pedigree-"Do you remember when Howard Kendall broke the net with a penalty?". Sadly, although I remember it, and was there I cannot remember the match.

I remember the back of the Town End Deepdale graffiti

"Seen any Rovers fans hanging around?!" and a painted noose next to it on the wall.

Something about our neighbours I seem to remember.....

It was indeed and I think the person who could have written it didn't live to far away from the wall in question but I could be doing him a disservice here.

BURNLEY ******** DIED HERE................4FT HIGH, COULD'NT HAVE BEEN ME THEN :D

God-I haven't thought about that for bloody yonks! It used to be a measure of the depth of your Rovers pedigree-"Do you remember when Howard Kendall broke the net with a penalty?". Sadly, although I remember it, and was there I cannot remember the match.

I remember the back of the Town End Deepdale graffiti

"Seen any Rovers fans hanging around?!" and a painted noose next to it on the wall.

On the old griffiti subject who remembers this,"YANKS OUT OF VIETNAM"

Erm... Am I the only seeing the actual year in the title? On the Google Videos link it actually says "Ewood Park, Blackburn Rovers 1979" unless we're actually debating the year? :unsure:

Nope, I saw it. Did not see the Vid but the title said 1979.

There are some good tales of the old Ewood.

One of my favourites concerns the tunnel's perspex cover.

I heard it was installed after a Box 'A' member sat above the tunnel emptied the scalding contents of his flask over a crap referee as he left the park - nothing changes! Can anyone confirm this event and the game?

I think that used to happen on a regular basis. I thought the catalyst for the cover was someone doing the same to Peter Osgood who was flicking V's at the crowd as he went for an early bath in a stormer of a match against the Saints.

Archived