BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rugby

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply
roll on the aussies at cardiff next week

It seems to me that Wales and Scotland got a fantastic deal in this Rugby World Cup.

Whilst the rest of us have to put up with the usual rigours of a major international tournament - slumming it in Froggy backwaters, away from home for weeks on end - the Welsh now get to play their most important group games in Cardiff and the Scots in Edinburgh!!

As the rest of the teams continue to suffer garlic, croissants and Gallic shrugs with no respite, the Welsh and the Scots don't have to set foot in the place again for another three weeks. Meanwhile Australia and Japan have to up sticks to Cardiff, and New Zealand and Romania must trek to Murrayfield.

Presumably if England scrape it through to Euro 2008, we'll be insisting on playing our group games at Wembley, well away from the nasty cheese eating foreigners.

It seems to me that Wales and Scotland got a fantastic deal in this Rugby World Cup.

Whilst the rest of us have to put up with the usual rigours of a major international tournament - slumming it in Froggy backwaters, away from home for weeks on end - the Welsh now get to play their most important group games in Cardiff and the Scots in Edinburgh!!

As the rest of the teams continue to suffer garlic, croissants and Gallic shrugs with no respite, the Welsh and the Scots don't have to set foot in the place again for another three weeks. Meanwhile Australia and Japan have to up sticks to Cardiff, and New Zealand and Romania must trek to Murrayfield.

Yeah it is a bit of a joke. Most French supporters aren't happy now that they are faced with the prospect of playing New Zealand abroad in the quaterfinals if they finish second in their group (I'm pretty sure that is right). So much for home advantage.

The only game I'm looking forward to is New Zealand v Portugal and that only to see how crap Portugal will be.

Portugal is one of the worst teams in the WC but it is a great acheavment considering we only have 2 pros in the team. We'll lose but we'll fight till the end...

The big games on Friday..the South Africans and England.

You've be mad,to miss it.

I watched the South Africans in their last match,and they look a very good outfit.

Definitly the dark horses.

Yes its the big game and I have my tickets and passport ready, driving down to paris Friday morning

England massive under dogs and a no. 10 whose never played there before but I believe we have a good performance in us..

Question is when?

Either way after a few beers and with the cracking Friday night atmosphere should be a great occasion!

PS anyone know why England rugby team sport a red rose and the football and cricket team 3 lions?

Answer

The first ever england rugby team was made up of 15 lancastrians so they adopted their county emblem as their country's emblem

True and always good to throw at southern softies and Yorkies

Yes its the big game and I have my tickets and passport ready, driving down to paris Friday morning

England massive under dogs and a no. 10 whose never played there before but I believe we have a good performance in us..

Question is when?

Either way after a few beers and with the cracking Friday night atmosphere should be a great occasion!

PS anyone know why England rugby team sport a red rose and the football and cricket team 3 lions?

Answer

The first ever england rugby team was made up of 15 lancastrians so they adopted their county emblem as their country's emblem

True and always good to throw at southern softies and Yorkies

That sounds brilliant Berkshire Blue,I hope you have a great day.

I'll be cheering them on from my telly set,but I really hope we can cause an upset.Even though we get beat we should still qualify.

I've never been to a real rugby match.Tell a lie ,I went to watch England play New Zealand when the game wasd hosted at Ewood Park.

Lets hope England do us proud,we are the holders after all.

The ladies are in action at football,as well.I'm looking forward to Friday.

The big games on Friday..the South Africans and England.

You've be mad,to miss it.

I watched the South Africans in their last match,and they look a very good outfit.

Definitly the dark horses.

never mind being mad to miss this game mate, we'd all be completely nuts to miss the chance of seeing andy farrell playing fly half....what the (Please don't use that word again)!!!!

just reading that brian ashton is playing him there, for the game on friday. this is jsut rediculous and no wonder why we have been @#/? since we won it 4 years ago. from a back row forward in rugby league to playing fly half in the rugby world cup, there doesn't come too much that are at opposite ends of the spectrum.

Archived