BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rugby

Maybe, but I certainly think that premiership should have no problem producing a large enough group of international quality players. The real problem with the England rugby team at the moment is that for three and a half years we didn't plan for the world cup. We put together squads made up of the old guard and the odd new player, with most of the new players being rotated in and out after one or two bad performances. We should have been putting together a squad at least two years ago. The players that we have now are probably good enough, but they aren't used to playing with each other and some of them lack experience. Had this side plus the odd change (purely changes based on my own opinion though) been put together two years ago then I think we would be in with a good shot. We still wouldn't be favourites, this batch simply isn't as good as some of the others, but we would be in contention.

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nowt for England I'm afraid - no flair , no skill , incapable of throwing the ball about enough to score tries against the big boys .

Speaking as a layman who only watches the internationals this result against SA was no surprise . We just don't seem to move the ball around quickly enough and give the opposition eons of time to regroup their defence whilst we look about for some options .

I was hoping the French might rediscover the kind of flair that beat NZ in that awesome sporting spectacle a couple of tournaments ago . Wishful thinking I suppose .

Still , it's been a decent competition thus far .

The French can still turn it on. One thing you can count on with any French team is the quality of their performance. This side has the ability to play rugby as well as anyone, but they can also be awful. If they get through the group stages then no one will want to come up against them in the knock-outs.

So, Eddie, who's going to win?

The entire thing? I still have a feeling it could be France. They usually do well when they have a slow start and they certainly had that. They'll look to have made it through the group stages after their win tonight, so they will be tough for anyone to handle in the knock-outs. Smart money is obviously New Zealand, then South Africa. I'm not holding out much hope of collecting my winnings on my England bet.

it said on 5 last night there were tens of thousand empty seats due to ticket prices being £165?? surely I misheard ,I wouldnt pay that for rovers having said that I paid $200ish last year for the broncos in az

It's a world cup so the prices aren't surprising. There are lots of fans over now and they are doing well with all the big games being on week-ends. I don't think there will be any problem selling out any of the big games or any of the games after the group stages. I certainly know of a lot of people who paid more than £165, even at face value for poor tickets.

well done wales for pasting japan and fairplay, what a top class try from japan.

cheering on ireland big style in the presty household right now!!!!!

Looks like they are out. I can't see them scoring 4 tries against Argentina.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Sorry after 4 years of ahving England's utterly toss perfomances stuffed down my throat. Wales and Ireland going home early has really cheered me up no end.

Still, what has been overlooked is how well Scotland are doing at the moment, totally professional win against Italy, playing well, playing as a team and have a kicker who isnt moaning about the ball and is instead just pinging right through the posts.

England vs Australia is going to be a humdinger

:blink: I fear it will be embarrassing for England.

Still New Zealand to win it (for me), although my South African barman buddy reckons it`s their year.

Wales out, but what a game; all credit must go to Fiji in the best game of the World cup so far.

BTW Presty im glad i didnt listen to your tips on the dark horses :lol:

wales and ireland sent packing in the pool stages, don't know whats happening in ireland but there is uproar in wales.

alot of questions being asked:

why didn't he take the try under the posts at the end?

jones with his kicking, neil jenkins wouldn't have missed.

the coach lost the dressing room

squad selection, no henson

transition period now in welsh rugby

worldwide search for a new coach

oh well, credit to fiji though.....thet deserve thier place.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Sorry after 4 years of ahving England's utterly toss perfomances stuffed down my throat. Wales and Ireland going home early has really cheered me up no end.

Still, what has been overlooked is how well Scotland are doing at the moment, totally professional win against Italy, playing well, playing as a team and have a kicker who isnt moaning about the ball and is instead just pinging right through the posts.

I think it will be a humdinger too, England are slowly getting better and I dont think a semi is beyond them!

They have at least one big game in them, saying that I said that before my trip to Paris and the SA humiliation!

Of to marseilles on Thursday night with 12 mates so will have a sore head come starting my new job Tuesday morning!

Archived