BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rugby

Tremendously entertaining that the Irish and Welsh are already home. Sadly, it in no way benefits Sale as we don't have anybody on international duties with those sides. Could really have done with the Sweaties going out as we have 3 of them, including Jason White, but they won't get past Argentina so they'll be home soon.

Looks like France are going for an early exit as well. They had a chance if they'd played in Paris, but in Cardiff they will get soundly beaten. At least it means that Sale will get Chebal and Bruno back. England, All Blacks, Pumas and the South Africans for the Semi's. England -v- South Africa Final. England to retain their crown.

Marvellous.

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think you should write the French off so easily. They often play their best stuff when you least expect it. They'll either be thrashed or they'll play the all blacks off the park, if you see what I mean. I'd still put my money on the All Blacks. England are in with a good chance, but quite rightly aren't the favourites against Australia.

I don't think you should write the French off so easily. They often play their best stuff when you least expect it. They'll either be thrashed or they'll play the all blacks off the park, if you see what I mean.

I know exactly what you mean! Still, I think France playing well and the ABs choking in the quarter finals is too much to ask for. Now if they had've met in the final...

apart from the way we are coached, no ###### wonder that we can't get a settled side with players being played in different positions all the time. now i am reading that JW is gonna play at inside centre. we are not playing against any old team on saturday because the aussies are one of the best teams in the world, so i would much rather stick with the players in their rightful positions and put olly barkley at inside centre.

Best rugby I've seen from England since the last World Cup. Almost totally dominated that game. The Australians were lucky never to have a player sin-binned for how regularly they took down that scrum and for a couple of other incidents. Played off of the park.

Well done to England against a disgracefully below par Australian side. As usual, the Aussies assumed merely turning up would ensure success against an inferior England team but their fear of losing was apparent throughout the side as once again Wilko put them to the sword. Some of their handling was simply atrocious and England's agrarian tactics were simply too much for them. So like the Irish before them, another over-hyped, over-confident outfit kisses goodbye to success. Adios losers!

I think it is harsh to call that performance agragrian Matt. The fact that England totally dominated the scrum shouldn't take away from the fact that they also moved the ball brilliantly at times and were good everywhere. They were much better at the break-down and had a lot more purpose in attack, mixing up what they did much better than they have for the past couple of years.

Now come on France!

I referred to the tactics as agrarian. Sure they moved the ball quite well at times, but in reality they relied on Wilkinson's lethal kicking game once more and simply ground the Aussies into the turf, creating turnovers and knock-ons almost at will. It's the perfect way to play against a side as good as Australia. Well done chaps.

Said it last week when that fool who is in charge of Aussie rugby was slating us that it was team talk done. I'll never understand why people do it really. Going into the game the Aussies were rightly the favourites so why give them the motivation you need and also make yourself look a complete clown. Great stuff really enjoyed it.

rugby .... yawn!

Fernhurstblue .... yawn!

What a stonkingly good game of tense open rugby Australia got mugged good and proper.

just leaves me to say

hahahahahahahah

hahahahahahahah

hahahahahahahah

We're going to get destroyed next week

I referred to the tactics as agrarian. Sure they moved the ball quite well at times, but in reality they relied on Wilkinson's lethal kicking game once more and simply ground the Aussies into the ground, creating turnovers and knock-ons almost at will. It's the perfect way to play against a side as good as Australia. Well done chaps.

I understand, I just think that's still slightly harsh. They relied on the kicking game a lot because of the fact that the Australians couldn't even compete in the scrum. Had they not been cheating b*st*rds and taken it down each time then I think there would have been some tries.

Swing low, sweet chariot

Coming for to carry me home

Swing low, sweet chariot

I looked over Jordan and what did I see

A band of angels coming after me

(Chorus)

If you get there before I do

Tell all my friends I'm coming too

(Chorus)

If I get there before you do

I'll cut a hole and pull you through

(Chorus)

Sometimes I'm up and sometimes I'm down

But still my soul feels heavenly bound

(Chorus)

The brightest day that I can say,

Coming for to carry me home,

When Jesus washed my sins away,

Coming for to carry me home.

(Chorus)

Can’t believe im saying this….. but common France, im not seeing a French victory but anything can happen.

England did everything today that they haven’t done over the past 3 years, Physicality, Streetwise, confident and aggressive.

Btw – I think Wilkinson was poor today both his kicking and out of hands. But im no doubt he will receive all the credit for the victory. My men of the match were Sheridan who destroyed the Aussie front row and moody who was awesome in the back row, getting the better of one the best backorws in World rugby.

What a match, error strewn, contensious moments (How was the tackle on Sacky in the air not a yellow?) and nerve shredding to the end. With 10/5 mins to go I was so depressed with Englands' performance having built up my hopes of a unbelivable victory with the utter conviction that Austrailia would suddenlyremember that they were ment to win. But as the clock ticked past the 80, and the ref blew for yet annother pen I realised that unbelivably England had forgotten to lose!

I know it is late over there... but where are all our Aussie comrades congratulating England on the terrific play by our aged and rubbish forwards who totally comanded their young and tremendous forwards!

Gloating aside today proved that allthough Australias backs cut England open it is the forwards who win and lose a game of Rugby Leauge!

England did everything today that they haven’t done over the past 3 years, Physicality, Streetwise, confident and aggressive.

Btw – I think Wilkinson was poor today both his kicking and out of hands. But im no doubt he will receive all the credit for the victory. My men of the match were Sheridan who destroyed the Aussie front row and moody who was awesome in the back row, getting the better of one the best backorws in World rugby.

His kicking was poorish, particularly by his standards, but out of hand he was decent enough. His tackling was great though.

I don't think anyone will say he was the most important factor.

My my, what a day of rugby. You would have put your house on Australia and New Zealand destroying England and France today, but that's one of the great things about sport, it can throw up some real shocks. Fair play to both England and France, because both teams have been playing poorly and managed to get through their groups, but going up against two teams that have been on fire at the World Cup and leading up to it, they were given no chance. England's win was powered by a totally dominant set of forwards. They ripped the Aussies to shreds at the scrum and at the breakdown and in turn made the Aussies commit a whole host of handling errors. I thought that the Aussies might have snatched it because they did look dangerous in open play and the turning point was Paul Sackey's great tackle on Chris Latham which prevented a certain try.

The All Blacks have blown it again and continue to add to the idea that they peak between torments and are chokers at the World Cup and after todays result, it's hard to argue against this idea. The All Blacks have killed France in the last couple of meetings, four of which have been in France, so you could see why they were such overwhelming favourites. I couldn't believe that they didn't go for a drop goal long before McAlistar's effort from the half way line. They drove and drove up the pitch in the last five minutes and were deep inside Frances 22, I don't know why they just didn't set up for a drop goal? At least if it missed they would have had more time to try and score again. In saying that though, it would take away from a great effort by the French, who tackled like mad man and never gave up. They set the tone for the game by the way that they squared up to the Haka, which is one of the greatest things I've seen in sport.

The Argies and Springboks must be happy, because they have seen what the underdogs are capable of going into tomorrows games, they have seen their two biggest rivals go out and the two teams that are left are ones which they smashed already in the competition.

Isn't sport great/cruel!

I know exactly what you mean! Still, I think France playing well and the ABs choking in the quarter finals is too much to ask for. Now if they had've met in the final...

I hate playing France in the WC! They were the only team I really feared, but I really thought, surely, this year...

Please, someone slaqp me on the back, I've got something stuck in my throat... can't breath... I'm ch...

Archived