BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rugby

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Both results today were surprising and some say in the detriment of spectacular rugby being played from now on. But all credit to the winners, especially to the French who I really wouldn't have expected to make that kind of a come back. They've turned into favorites in my view, especially with the crowd behind them for every match.

Cletus (sept 10th)

"All Blacks to win it easily."

Cletus (sept 18th)

" Some-one at work pointed out that a lot of the British (not just the English) rugby players look like 10 pint a night amateur rugby players...where as alot of the southern hemisphere guys look like athletes. I tend to agree."

Cletus (Oct 1st)

" I fear it will be embarrassing for England.

Still New Zealand to win it (for me), although my South African barman buddy reckons it`s their year. "

Anybody want any more predictions? :unsure:

firstly, what a fantastic win for us in the early hours of this morning. it surprised me on one hand because before the game i honestly didn't think we had enough to beat australia, however i am not surprised because of the usual arrogance and cockyness of the aussie players, fans and media alike. we were brilliant and we showed that we had far more desire than they did....we was excellent in the scrum too and the aussie's knew it because they tried to disrupt every scrum to try and draw penalties.

new zealand....OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!

i just sent my mate an email, not knowing the score from cardiff but this result does not surprise me either because i have said more than 12 months ago, that the kiwis have peaked far far too early. they were probably at their very best when they beat the lions silly in that tour 2 years ago.

Is it safe to say now that France are firm favorites, having beaten NZ and especially in the manner in which they did it?
I'd doubt that, they did the same at the '99 World Cup and then were flogged by Australia in the final.

At least my prediction of Australia not getting past the quarters was spot on :huh:

I would agree that the South Africans are now favourites. After Ireland, they were the team that I wanted to win the World Cup. Their forwards can match up if not beat any of the other teams left and they have a back line that is truly devastating. They have to beat Fiji first though!

So it's France v England and S.Africa/Fiji v Argentina/Scotland I assume?

Correct. You're also right that you can't rule out Argentina. They have pace and great discipline, but I'd rather be playing them or Scotland than France or England, so I think South Africa will be pretty happy. If they can get to a world cup final having only played one of the big nations (I know Argentina have been good for a few years, but they still aren't fully established) then I think they can consider themselves quite lucky, especially when you think how poorly England have been playing for the last few years (with the exception of Saturday and a couple of other instances).

What a waste of time this England team is. We are world champions so we should be blowing away teams like Australia and New Zealand with ease anyway. I don't know why everyone thinks this is such a great result and I don't know why you are believing what i'm writing. It's complete crap. Come on England, you've done us proud.

** stands with hands cupped behind ears, fails to hear SAR, Neekoy etc etc**

:lol:

I think I might have given myself a hernia laughing so hard when I heard the French result. So much for the SH teams being far superior to the NH.

However what a shame to see the retirement of Gregan and Larkham, to greats of the game, even if they were Aussies.

What a stonking weekend of sport.

England destroy the Aussies (even if the score line was too close for my nerves at times)

France do a '99 on the All Blacks who choke yet again

England win another cricket match in Sri Lanka

and Rovers win.

Happy days indeed

** stands with hands cupped behind ears, fails to hear SAR, Neekoy etc etc**

Congrats to England, you were less crap then Australia.

I hope South Africa win it, even though they are painful to deal with, they have been the best Rugby team in the world over the last 12 months.

no they havent, the AB's have

Congrats to England, you were less crap then Australia

No, we were brilliant, you're forwards are incompetant.

Get Hayden and Symonds in the pack, they wont let the English push them around like that

we were far better than the aussie's cause we wanted it more and showed far more desire around the park, which resulted in us being better in the scrum, general play and in the line outs. once again though the australians where shown up and embarrassed by their own arrogance and cockyness. i still think south africa will win the comp, but don't write off the enigma of world rugby....that is the french. also, don't write off the defending world champions.

Have that you rock-breaking neanderthals!!!

The thing about shouting your mouth of is that you then have to deal with the consequences when you lose. And lose you have. Again. That would be three of the last 4 world cups then yes? Two on the run? Never mind the psychological impact on England, imagine being an ex-con today. You have lost in consecutive world cups to the team that you all hate. This time we shouldn't even have been on the field we were so poor, but still the result went for us.

And people call the All Blacks "Chokers". It seems to me that the Kangaroo molesters push them pretty close.

Another pitiful display from the front row of the Queens furthest colony. When will they learn? You can have all the backs in the world, but if your Props can do little more than make up the numbers then you will suffer at the hands of a proper pack. And suffer they did.

Not a great all round performance from Englands finest, but we found their weakness and exploited it mercilessly. That is what world champions do. They find a way of winning.

As for Gregan and Larkham, Wilko and Dawson were a far more fearsome pairing than those two ever were. Over rated in the extreme, as their world cup record shows.

Sale win on Friday, England Saturday, Rovers sunday. What a great weekend.

Archived