BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Slugs And Cats

Mean, James....

:D Alan.

The slugs in my garden are bigger than the frogs. I found a hedgehog on my front drive and put it in the back garden about two weeks ago, haven't seen it since. The slugs have probably eaten it......

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A couple of years ago we sunk an industrial-sized bucket into the garden and filled it with frog spawn from the Mother-in-laws pond.

Lots of froglets, kept the cat happy a-pouncing.

Then we had a hedgehog which wombled about, until it fell into the bucket and drowned. Then another hedgehog arrived. The cat has gone to Whiskas heaven and I moved the wheelie-bin tonight and there was a frog under there.

Still can't get rid of the ferkin' slugs though. 2008 will be another year of the nematode worms

Then a blooming squirrel arrived. Don't forget that this is deepest urban Manchester. Don't tell Bob Fleming.

(in reply to Clare's post)

Good heavens :blink: ! That would give the cat (and me) something to think about..........

There is a frog the size of my fist under the shed, call it Razor Ruddock! Not sure of the lifespan of a frog, but it has been around for some time.

Got rid of the neighbours cats sh1tting in the flower beds at my old property by surrounding the garden with electric fence wire suspended on small stakes 4" off the ground and connected to a battery operated agricultural electric fencer. Superb entertainment one Sat am from my kitchen window watching one after another receiving 'corrective' treatment. :tu:

Even funnier a day or two later my neighbour said I don't know whats wrong with our cat I cant even kick it out of the back door now..... it'll only go out through the front door now. :lol:

Sorry, cannot find the old squirrel thread.......

but, whilst cycling along the Leeds/Liverpool canal this morning (near the Aqueduct) i saw a squirrel on the towpath, rummidging (sp?) about like they do. Suddenly the little blighter jumped into the canal & swam across!! :o

I never knew the buggers could swim, or shall i say "choose to swim"!!

You learn something new every day dontcha! :blink:

My mam is having trouble with cats shittin in our yard and garden, and weve tried the garlic and fruit trick but none of it works has anyone got a good solution?

Try garlic and fruit laced with imodium capsules. Should slow the problem down if nothing else.

Archived