BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Chelsea V Blackburn 15 September 2007

Jan

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Question - Does anybody know /heard/seen evidence that decisions are looked at after a game and officials ( behind closed doors) questioned on alot of decisions - are they scrutinised/ what is their jurisdiction in a game? as it would appear not to be the caseand nothing is ever made clear. Yes we have the 4th 'I'm a joke official' who in my book does absolutely bugger all other than ensure the manager stays in his little box and gets them riled for no reason. Also the referees association that never seems to give justification for decisions or back the officials - everything just seems to get swept under the carpet as if there is no problem.

This definitely happens, more so for the officials on the elite list, but at many levels. Officials are assessed on every match and graded by the assessor, we often have assessors at Bamber Bridge (Unibond Div 1 North), but not at all fixtures.

This definitely happens, more so for the officials on the elite list, but at many levels. Officials are assessed on every match and graded by the assessor, we often have assessors at Bamber Bridge (Unibond Div 1 North), but not at all fixtures.

Thanks Stu

Nothing seems to ever get released though or mentioned what they get marked down for.

There are just certain aspects that I feel could make their life easier ( as well as the stopping of the crowding by the players) and still disagree to the point that its not as difficult to run the line as we are led to believe.

I hope 'CAPT KAYOS' that with that statement you'll be putting your name forward to your local refereeing association to run the line or be the assistant refereee in due course if not that statement is very very shallow......dont knock it until you've tried it .

I hope 'CAPT KAYOS' that with that statement you'll be putting your name forward to your local refereeing association to run the line or be the assistant refereee in due course if not that statement is very very shallow......dont knock it until you've tried it .

I don't play anywhere near what I used to but was something I have actually thought about some time ago and have run the line in the past when needed (much to the annoyance of my own team) JAL. don't play anywhere as much as I used to - problem is I don't have the time.

Put that together with 'my love' for the game not being as it was for reasons I have well documented on here and having the time nowadays and you will get my gist.

I am a paying spectator and supporter of BRFC that gives IMO justifiable reasons of problems - you however just appear to want to antagonise without back up for you statements much in the same way you choose to lambast Dunnie.

So me becoming a linesman or not is not going to answer why we still have so much inconsistent displays from our inept officials (and I just don't mean at BRFC) - much of what I feel has to do with what happens off the field that dictates their decisions rather than during a game .

It'd be an idea to have poll dedicated to the performance of the referees and linesmen. We could even email it to Keith Hackett at the end of the season. :rover:

So which way would you rate the linesman at Chelsea Theno; plus point or minus point? ;)

Archived