BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Chelsea V Blackburn 15 September 2007

Jan

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Drove a mini bus down to Stamford Bridge in the early Premiership years when we won 2-1. Parked up with half a dozen other mini buses and coaches lined up as far as the eye could see. Fantastic away support which wouldn't happen now unfortunately.

Feel good about this - Rovers to win 1-0

May just be tempted in to the bookies. :brfc:

Drove a mini bus down to Stamford Bridge in the early Premiership years when we won 2-1. Parked up with half a dozen other mini buses and coaches lined up as far as the eye could see. Fantastic away support which wouldn't happen now unfortunately.

Feel good about this - Rovers to win 1-0

May just be tempted in to the bookies. :brfc:

boylesport offering 10-1 which is the best i could find

Great preview. :brfc:

I think we can try and do a Villa here. I know it's at the Bridge but it's not an impossibility.

It's rediculous to go there with the rules and ticket prices. I'll be happily listening on the radio but partly wishing I was in a box there. ;)

My prediction :- 1-1 Benni for Rovers :rover:

Good result with defense being heroic (Nelsen and Samba :tu: )

Jan,

Thanks for that preview. It's always better when there's a bit of personal stuff in there. It makes them that much more interesting.

British Legion in Clitheroe for me to watch this one. Quietly optimistic that Samba will put Drogba in his pocket. Should be a decent game with the four wingers on show.

I am convinced we will get something tomorrow, and I'm usually the most pessimistic when it comes to Rovers.

If Lampard and Drogba miss out our chances will increase big time.

Hopefully, Roberts will start - we need freshness up top.

I wouldn't usually - but I'm looking forward to this one.

latest from the chelsea training ground

dogbreath is having a scan this afternoon on his injured knee

lampard did not train yesterday and is unlikely to today

cech and carvalho are having treatment for minor niggles - hand and calf respectively

alex may make the squad

does anyone know anywhere in manchester they might be showing the game?

It will be on in pretty much all the pubs in the City Centre (Sports Bar, Walkabout, Springbok, Hogs Head). I'm probably watching it in Didsbury (hogs head or varsity)

Just seen the BBC's brief match preview which is already billing this as 'Injured-Chelsea vs Rovers', they mention we have a full squad to choose from: Must've overlooked Reidy. (and Peter/Berner)

Come on the Rovers.

Boring nil nil for me, which would be a great result for us.

I liked it best when we played at the Bridge, and young Marlon Broomes head butted Luca Vialli. Classy Marlon.

I also preferred it when we always used to win there to, like when Dunny scored the winner a few years ago late on.

I reckon it will be a good game to watch, as have been the most of our matches so far, but ultimately the edge that Chelsea have had over us lately and the fact the refs are paid by the EPL bosses to make sure the big four teams always beat the the scumbag teams mean another pointless trip to Bates Motel.

I shall comfort myself with Guiness and the knowledge it hasn't cost me over a hundred quid in tickets, travel and beer to see it.

Ah well, we only have the player most would have immediately mentioned as one of the world's best strikers twelve months ago coming back into the Chelsea line-up with a huge point to prove.

The replacements for Lampard are rubbish as well (Essien/ Makelel/ Mikel/ Sidwell).

Archived