BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Chelsea V Blackburn 15 September 2007

Jan

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think this is as good of a chance as we will have to at least get the game called fairly by the man in the middle. The FA won't wan't Chelsea pulling away from ManU so soon in the season, if Man U drop any points this weekend and Chelsea beat us then go on to turn over Uts next week the race could be done.

The FA will be wanting to keep things interesting so the ref may not have to play by the usual big 4 FA ruling.

My only prediction, Joe Cole will be diving and flopping around as he did in the Semi. Also, beginning to regret making my SWP can't cross a ball comments regarding the England game. Funny feeling I'll be made to look a pratt, again.

A 0-0 would do me, as long as we play like we can and continue to prove to the evil southern newspapers that we can actually play. A win would be brilliant, but I don't hold out much hope at their place. There will be something to moan about at the end of the game, a sending off/dodgy pen/disallowed goal. It's bad that I think like that, but from past experience of playing these kind of teams, it always seems that everything is stacked against us. Do us proud Rovers.

I think this is as good of a chance as we will have to at least get the game called fairly by the man in the middle.

Yeah right, BBC have it as Howard Webb in the middle, and by my recollection has give penalites against Rovers in the last four games he has officiated. We all shout for refereeing consistency?!?!?

Does everyone predicting a win realilze that if we win, we'd go ahead of Chelsea in the table...

That won't be allowed to happen, only the top four shall challenge the title, and only a glamour team like ManU or 'pool will be allowed to break the unbeaten streak of chelsea.... someone from the FA would order the sprkinlers to be turned on or something like that to get teh match abandonded somehow, even if Howard Webb's incompetence spills over into him being unable to favor helsea enough to let them win.

Does everyone predicting a win realilze that if we win, we'd go ahead of Chelsea in the table...

That won't be allowed to happen, only the top four shall challenge the title, and only a glamour team like ManU or 'pool will be allowed to break the unbeaten streak of chelsea.... someone from the FA would order the sprkinlers to be turned on or something like that to get teh match abandonded somehow, even if Howard Webb's incompetence spills over into him being unable to favor helsea enough to let them win.

Well you never know... :)

Wow, just to be top for a week would be amazing! :rover:

Since we're talking about Chelsea here, I'd like to hear some actual opinions about the Ballack controversy. Given that he wasn't supposed to be healthy until the last two group matches, I don't see why Chelsea should have wasted a Champions League spot on him. Of course the other explanations like selling him would be possible, but if you actually make a roster of the Chelsea squad, you can see why they left him out:

The problem is that Chelsea hasn't been developing their own talent so their maximum roster size is 23.

GK: Cech, Cudicini, Hilario?

D: Terry, Carvalho, Cole, Belletti, Ben-Haim, Bridge, Ferreira, Alex

M: Lampard, Essien, Malouda, Cole, SWP, Makelele, Obi Mikel, Sidwell

Strikers: Drogba, Kalou, Shevchenko, Pizarro

That's 23 players right there and if I were Mourinho, I wouldn't be able to justify taking anyone out for a still-injured Ballack unless you risk carrying only two keepers. Chelsea's just stupid for not having better home-grown players.

These were my thoughts, TBH. They'll never let 'bad boy' Blackburn ruin 'lovely' Chelsea's home record...

On a separate note, I have a bit of a request for our US brethren...

I'll be in New York on the day of the game. I'm not sure if I'll be able to get to a bar to watch it as it'll be a bit of a push from the airport, but if I can, where could I go? If I can't make it for the game 'live', is there anywhere that'll have it on as a delayed game?

Thanks in anticipation of your assistance!

Dan

I know this might be late but the game is going to be shown live on FSC over here at noon EST. I know someone else covered it already but just reconfirming.

Here's a link for all the pubs in NY with FSC

Don't know where you're staying in relation to any of these places, but I know there's a few around Times Square.

Hope you see this before tomorrow!

EDIT:Forgot to comment on the game haha.

Real glad about Drogba and Lamps out, Sheva is a hack and won't do anything. If the boys come out with all cylinders firing, I think we can take all three.

Well I've bitten the bullet and chucked 20 quid on us not losing, 15 on the win and 5 on the draw just to soften the blow if they grab a last minute equalizer.

Just holding out for 10's on Betfair, currently trading around 9.2. I'll leave it a couple of hour but guess I might have to adjust it to around 9.6-9.8.

Come on Rovers.

Archived