SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Chelsea V Blackburn 15 September 2007

Jan

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My reaction as well, Jan.

It is all credit to what the Rovers are achieving that Chelsea have to play these mind games ahead of the fixture against us.

If Lampard and Drogba do play, chances are they will not be 100% fit which is not the best state to be in facing this Rovers outfit.

If they don't play, its worth remembering that although Chelsea had 60% of the posession at Villa Park, Villa managed to restrict their number of real chances and ripped them apart a number of times with quick, inventive counter attacks. Chelsea didn't have much answer at either end of the pitch to Zat Knight (he was outstanding) but in Samba we have a far better player than Knight whilst Roque/Benni are more potent a threat than Carew and partners.

Looking forward to seeing Santa Cruz today.

So many positive noises coming out of the camp does concern me a tad, but lets wait and see!!

Should not really say this but especially with their injuries, I do not think Chelsea are as formidable as they used to be. We should be relatively 'fresh', so should give them a good game.

Have we ever played a Chelsea team without Lampard in it? And obviously I mean in recent years, since Lampard hasn't been around forever ;)

I really don't want to be too positive, but without Lampard and Drogba the two biggest scoring threats (At least the way I feel) are gone. Carvalho also likely to miss the game I believe, which is another blow. However even taking that into account they have an excellent team, they haven't lost in ages at home and they'll be really fired up after losing last week.

I believe it's the best chance any domestic team has had in a long time of beating them at the Bridge, but even so we shouldn't get carried away. I can see us getting a draw, which I'd be delighted with, but I really can't see us winning.

I have a dilemma! I had always worn my Rovers shirt whenever I watched Rovers whether live or on TV, but after watching the FA Cup semi against Chelski on TV I decided not to wear it for the next match and have not worn it since then, and we have not lost a single match in all that time (14 matches). Today I got a strong impulse to wear it again! What should I do? Help needed!

I have a dilemma! I had always worn my Rovers shirt whenever I watched Rovers whether live or on TV, but after watching the FA Cup semi against Chelski on TV I decided not to wear it for the next match and have not worn it since then, and we have not lost a single match in all that time (14 matches). Today I got a strong impulse to wear it again! What should I do? Help needed!

It's up to you - the Chelsea game was 1-1 after 90 minutes though :rolleyes:

I'm sorry I know he was a goal machine last season but Benni is really starting to get up my nose. Won't run, won't jump watched him first half, Terry going toward corner and McCarthy strolls along behind him did not even TRY to pressure him, two genuine opportunities to win the ball and McCarthy just watches. Can we have 11 men on for the second half please.

Nice hug for Jose though.

I'm sorry I know he was a goal machine last season but Benni is really starting to get up my nose. Won't run, won't jump watched him first half, Terry going toward corner and McCarthy strolls along behind him did not even TRY to pressure him, two genuine opportunities to win the ball and McCarthy just watches. Can we have 11 men on for the second half please.

Nice hug for Jose though.

I know I found that........ compelling

Have to agree with you USABlue he is strolling around like he can't be arsed and showing absolutely nothing <_<

Apart from that I think we have done alrite and Friedel has made two decent saves to keep it at 0-0. The save from Essien was totally World Class and a contender for save of the season. Bit more energy and tempo from the lads second half and we could get something...if Benni wakes up that is.

Archived