BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Mccann Saga

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
what I never understood was why, when Maddy was taken so perfectly (no forensics, no one saw anything) were the Twins not taken as well?

Still if it turns out I'm doing hte family a grave disservice, I shall apologise wholeheartedly.

Apparently a woman who was having the meal in the tapas bar with the McCanns saw a man carrying a child in bedclothes away from the apartments. This was before anybody knew Maddy had gone missing. The woman assumed the man was the father. It is said the woman concerned is devastated at not having twigged on.

If the mods are concerned about lawsuits etc., surely this thread should be put on mod watch - there's some really harsh accusations flying around.

Whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty ?

Unless proven otherwise the McCanns are still parents who have lost a child.

As regards the forensics / DNA thing. A man was tried in Scotland this week for a 30 year old crime of the rape and murder of two women. The prosecution case was based on NEW DNA evidence recovered using techniques not available 30 years ago. If 30 year old DNA can be used in a criminal case it would seem 25 days is very ossible - and it doesn't have to be a blood sample.

As regards the forensics / DNA thing. A man was tried in Scotland this week for a 30 year old crime of the rape and murder of two women. The prosecution case was based on NEW DNA evidence recovered using techniques not available 30 years ago. If 30 year old DNA can be used in a criminal case it would seem 25 days is very ossible - and it doesn't have to be a blood sample.

Therefore the DNA could have come off the childs soft toy that the mother has been carrying around from day one.

The inventor of DNA fingerprinting has offered to act as an expert witness in the Madeleine McCann case.

Sir Alec Jeffreys said DNA matches alone did not establish guilt and all Madeleine's genetic characters would be found in at least one family member.

I find it strange that as reported in The Independent that a forensic examination of the car was undertaken by Portugal's Policia Judicaria, but they did not seize the vehicle.

The article also states "It is known that some of the officers who undertook an examination of the McCanns' apartment did not wear protective clothing, which means there is a risk that they passed on DNA to the vehicle and "cross-contaminated" it."

link

As for you -herbergeehh, If you trawl through this thread the majority of people on it, have pretty much said the same as me . I guess you may not get the same coverage as us over here? , but the vast majority of people ive spoken to think that the Mccans behaviour in general is at the least very odd

That's not the point.

I quite agree with you Alan. I was just siting the very recent example of 30 year old DNA being used in a case to demonstrate that 25 days is nothing in this day and age. How the DNA, if it even exists, got into the car is a matter of conjecture. My office, to use just one example, will contain my children's DNA yet none of them have been here in the last six months.

The McCanns are clearly innocent till proven otherwise. My only views are I hope the child is found alive, I find the McCanns behaviour strange and somewhat calculating (which may be their natural character) and the press coverage unfortunate to say the least.

I have no opinion on this other than it is an utter tragedy.

- it seems very odd that the Potuguese police did not seal thescene of crime immediately.

- the police do seem to be doing eveything very late and the legacy of the Salazr dictatorship on the Potuguese criminal justice system is being cruelly exposed- much of it is just bonkers.

- they are both doctors and so are very used to factually dealing with human emotions and tragedies in the raw. Some, but not all, doctors cope by giving out the mixed and artificial signals the McCanns are doing so the fact they totally failed to engage with me as people I discounted.

- loving parents just do not give sedatives to tiny children so they can have a night out. That sticks in my throat even more than them popping down the tapas bar. Surely they had enough cash to have a child alert or take a nanny with them?

- whether McCann is the natural father or not is probably irrelevant. Bonding with step-children can be every bit as intense.

B)-->

QUOTE(Ste B @ Sep 14 2007, 00:17 ) 546444[/snapback]
you want debate but the best you can post is Your a cock....

not putting your argument over too well it appears

Again you seem to be selectively by reading my posts. I made what I thought was a completely reasonable post about the somewhat strange behaviour of the MCcans, which I thought was pretty much in-line with what a majority of posters have stated on this particular thread. Then some clown whom I have never had anything at all to do with on this board tries to snipe and be-little me. It obviously stems from the fact that this particular poster doesn’t agree with some of my Views in some of the other threads, yet they have never questioned, challenged or argued on the relevant threads – instead he/she has taken the cowards way of by trying to personally insult me on a thread that has little to do with politics or whatever their objection is.

If admin want to fair why not tell people who are deliberately baiting people/trying to take a thread off topic with personal insults that has little to do with this particular thread

As for you -herbergeehh, If you trawl through this thread the majority of people on it, have pretty much said the same as me . I guess you may not get the same coverage as us over here? , but the vast majority of people ive spoken to think that the Mccans behaviour in general is at the least very odd

Philipl..."- loving parents just do not give sedatives to tiny children so they can have a night out. That sticks in my throat even more than them popping down the tapas bar. Surely they had enough cash to have a child alert or take a nanny with them?"

Have the parents admitted to doing this? Or is it just another case of media hype or theories being thrown about by the Portugese police?

:wstu:

And what would you consider to be normal behaviour for a couple who's daughter is probably dead?????

You a truly a cock!!!

FFS- I really do wish people would but out of things, the argument I had with the original poster is NOTHING at all to do with this thread nor what ive said on it. It is about a poster taking objection to what I said on a completely different threads over he past few years, HE/SHE has never counter argued or raised an objection to what I said on the relevant thread and has waited the time to try and get a cheap shot on a thread that has absolutely nothing at all to do with anything, it is simply cowardly

As for being a cock, you have made yourself look like one as you clearly do not know either the context or content of the original argument, it had absolute nothing to do with my opinion on the Mccans, it was somebody trying to get a chap shot in

BTW So what your saying is that anyone who have there suspicions about the Mccans are Cocks, including the Police, Scientists , newspapers and everyday Joe?

FFS- I really do wish people would but out of things, the argument I had with the original poster is NOTHING at all to do with this thread nor what ive said on it. It is about a poster taking objection to what I said on a completely different threads over he past few years, HE/SHE has never counter argued or raised an objection to what I said on the relevant thread and has waited the time to try and get a cheap shot on a thread that has absolutely nothing at all to do with anything, it is simply cowardly

That has yet to be established and is based purely on your own supposition. Sidders may object to the way you express your views rather than the views themselves. You don't know.

That has yet to be established and is based purely on your own supposition. Sidders may object to the way you express your views rather than the views themselves. You don't know.

Don’t jump the bandwagon matt, without reading my original post , which clearly few of you have done. I stated a moderate opinion compared to other posters and the original poster, didn’t object to my post content they simply tried to insult/bait me

If I had a child that had had a serious or even fatal 'accident' the first thing that would come to mind as a parent is to find the nearest hospital and rather quick.

I find the idea that they 'disposed' of their own childs body utterly bizarre and rather sickening,they are both seemingly intelligent adults....I hope to god the allegations are all ###### :unsure:

Don’t jump the bandwagon matt, without reading my original post , which clearly few of you have done. I stated a moderate opinion compared to other posters and the original poster, didn’t object to my post content they simply tried to insult/bait me

Yes but what does this have to do with the claims you are now making? I fail to see the connection.

I do however feel that Sidders original remark was wholly unnecessary.

Yes but what does this have to do with the claims you are now making? I fail to see the connection.

I do however feel that Sidders original remark was wholly unnecessary.

Exactly- I was making a point about the Mccans not about politics, the other month I posted a point about Rome (TV series)and how much I enjoyed the series- next breath someone( whom ive never even spoken to/debated with) is wading in with both feet saying how they don’t agree with my view o fpolitics WTF - is all this about, they don’t say anything on the relevant threads then try to bait/insult on threads with absolute no correlation,

These people should keep their opinions and insults on the original proper threads, Im pretty sure that if id have done the same id have been warned

Archived