BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Champions League

neekoy

I can't say I've ever encountered a cockey Chelsea fan although I suppose they aren't widely supported across the country unlike Manure and Liverpool.

There was a double decker bus full of them going from Town to Old Trafford before the semi final. I had to sit in the middle of them!

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I dread the day (if it ever comes) that Shitspurs become a major force or a top force... if you think Chelsea are arrogant, wait for Spurs to have their place in the Sun.

I hope it never happens as we will never hear the end of it if they won the league. They would probably proclaim themselves as the best team in the world or the best team ever to play football as they are that deluded. :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Champions League semis this week.

After the shenanigans of United fans this week, and having been reminded of their arrogance by reading reports on various forums such as redcafe, I'm not too bothered which of the other teams win so long as it's not the Mancs.

I don't like Benitez (didn't have a problem with Liverpool under Houllier till the smug spaniard came.) However if Liverpool were to beat United in the final in Moscow this would be one of the best results possible. For all Man Uniteds dominance of English football over the last 16 years they have still only won the Champions League once - as many times as Liverpool. For Liverpool to win it a second time, and beat United in the final, would be the most bitterest pill for all of their fans to take.

If it happened then in any discussion with a United fan you could always throw at them that Liverpool must be a better European team as they won the tournament twice and proved it by beating United in the final. That wouldn't be true of course but you'd be able to watch the Manc blood boil as they stutter on about Premiership titles.

Obviously a Man U/Liverpool final would bring security problems and risk the reputation of the English game should scenes like the ones reported around Ewood last Saturday be repeated by 30,000 Mancs and Scousers. However, from a football fans perspective living in the north surrounded by United fans, it could bring the result that would please me the most.

Obviously a Man U/Liverpool final would bring security problems and risk the reputation of the English game should scenes like the ones reported around Ewood last Saturday be repeated by 30,000 Mancs and Scousers. However, from a football fans perspective living in the north surrounded by United fans, it could bring the result that would please me the most.

think id wager money on the ruskies police coming out on top and crying scousers and cockneys winging about the naughty kgb

Champions League semis this week.

After the shenanigans of United fans this week, and having been reminded of their arrogance by reading reports on various forums such as redcafe, I'm not too bothered which of the other teams win so long as it's not the Mancs.

I don't like Benitez (didn't have a problem with Liverpool under Houllier till the smug spaniard came.) However if Liverpool were to beat United in the final in Moscow this would be one of the best results possible. For all Man Uniteds dominance of English football over the last 16 years they have still only won the Champions League once - as many times as Liverpool. For Liverpool to win it a second time, and beat United in the final, would be the most bitterest pill for all of their fans to take.

Haven't Liverpool won it 5 times?

Haven't Liverpool won it 5 times?

Yeah but I'm talking since it's been the Champions League. United fans tend to judge modern success from when the Premiership / Champions League was formed. Conveniently when they started winning everything.

Looking forward to tonight. If the game's half as good as the quarter against Assenal it'll be a corker, and with the need to win and stop them scoring an away goal in front of a packed Anfield - great :tu:

Just curious, if Chelsea lose - how can you tell when Grant's miserable ?

Yeah but I'm talking since it's been the Champions League. United fans tend to judge modern success from when the Premiership / Champions League was formed. Conveniently when they started winning everything.

Ah, yes, I understand now.

Sorry.

Dad has just left an hour ago, jammy bugger has a ticket for the Kop tonight :lol:

I really want Barca to shut the Mancs up tomorrow night, I could just about take smug Liverpool fans going on about 6 times as they still harp on about their 5. However if Chelsea, or especially Utd won it (God forbid) then I think I'd have to think about leaving the continent for a few months :(

Liverpool 2-0 Chelsea

Barca 2-0 Man U

Please B)

Archived