BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Pes2008 Demo Out Now

Guest Kamy100

No chance of a PS3 demo until next thursday at the earliest as the PSN updates on a weekly basis. Sony really need to get this sorted and make their network more flexible. I think i'll pop round to my mate's house who has a 360!!

I by no means want to turn this into a ps3 vs the 360 thread again (God knows there have been enough of them already) but from what I have read, PES was being developed on the PS3 and then ported over to the 360 (some minor extras will also be on the PS3 version)

Given this, surly we should have had it first?

Anyway, I have it pre ordered anyway as there is no way I will be buying FIFA after playing the Demo

It's a bandwidth issue. Microsoft charges £40 per year, which is why they can afford to provide so many demos on 360.

As far as I'm aware, the two versions are identical anyway, except the PS3 will have all the different localised stuff on the one disc (German commentary and so on). Wouldn't mind a bit of Brazilian commentary - goooooooooal!!!

As far as I'm aware, the two versions are identical anyway, except the PS3 will have all the different localised stuff on the one disc (German commentary and so on). Wouldn't mind a bit of Brazilian commentary - goooooooooal!!!

I normally listen to the commentary for the first month and then turn the sound off and stick tunes on while playing there after anyway.

Right, I typed out a long summary, but then it wouldn't post, so I'll keep it a bit shorter this time.

I've only played one game of France v Brazil (you could only select a handful of internatoinal sides).

Postives:

Plays the same and looks the same as previous games.

AI seems to have improved. They make better runs and are more creative when dribbling and attacking. Still seemed a bit stupid at the back (often didn't sprint for the ball even when Henry was about to collect it and go one on one with the keeper).

Shooting seems improved. I tried shooting from all over and it seems as if you won't see those blasts 50 yards over the bar anymore. Just looks better when the players shoot now and has more realistic results. Goals were mostly nicely in the corner of the goal, not right past the keepers head.

Fast players are more realistically useful. Pace was always important, but now it seems that you can always count on your fast player being able to pull away from a slower one. No more of Ooijer keeping up with Henry which I found would sometimes happen (only annoying when in control of Henry).

There was a red card given for a bad tackle from behind on the halfway line. This would sometimes happen in previous versions, but often bad tackles would be punished with only a yellow card or even less as long as you weren't the last man. This was especially annoying when playing online and you'd be regularly hacked down as you pulled away from the defender. Hopefully this is a sign of more realistic officiating (without the mistakes please).

Negatives:

Goalkeeper padded the ball into the net for one of the goals, simply wouldn't happen, hopefully the keeping has been improved a bit.

Graphically not amazing. Just about the same as last year. Grass and crowd didn't look very good. Hopefully this is just because it was a demo. Players look pretty much the same. Menus and things look better, but I hope this isn't where most of the effort was spent.

Handball tackles still allowed.

Too much of a reaction when the players come together. Your player sometimes goes 5 metres or so where he was from. Obviously a bigger player can out-muscle a smaller one, but that is a little over the top.

Overall I'd give it a 7/10. I'd be pretty pleased with it if the final version was like this. A few important improvements, but still a few annoying bugs are left. You know it will be fun, it plays like previous versions, but I might feel as if I'd just bought the previous version but with updated kits, players and menus.

Many thanks for that Eddie. Sounds like a winner to me.

Can I check

Graphically not amazing. Just about the same as last year.

Do you mean the same as the 360 version? If so then this will still be a step up for me from playing the ps3 version. From the clips that I have seen the player modles look allot better than Fifa and with the editor where you can upload a face from a photograph it could be possible to have the whole Rovers team in there. Not that I will do this myself as there will probably be an option file out at some point (no prizes for guessing which board member will be first up with that one)

Have you tried the dive? I think you will be booked more than win a free kick for using it.

From what I have read the demo is a 70% complete version. I played it last night at my friend's house and it plays very well. The graphics are much better than last year's version, epsecially the facial likenesses, these are awesome. I also like FIFA 08 this year but playing the PES2008 demo has shown me that while FIFA is very good this year PES is still better. Best thing is that it will get even better before release. PS3 version is also the lead SKU, this basically means the game was developed on the PS3 and ported over to the the 360 so PS3 version will play and look very well.

Uploaded some goals.

Brazil-Portugal

Robinho Brazil- Portugal

So impressed with this, cant wait for full game and playing on X-Box Live.

Should be some wonder goals being scored i think.

Also due you think England will still be licensed?? I dont as i think they've put all the Licensed International teams on the demo, its a shame if they aren't.

Hmmm I was very disappointed to be honest. Still addictive though, but only because its the best we have. Its the same really annoying bugs that runs through the game.

ie the computer tackling "through" your players legs/body - a complete lack of respect for basic physics=)

Still way too much of the situiation where the player-controller players run around chasing the ball when the non-player-controller players stand around looking when they are half a yard away - which leaves you axposed

the players stopping when changing from one player which leaves all the space in the world for opponent players to walk right past you

first touch is still awfull with the ball bouncing meters away even for short passes

still too many ingame animations that takes up too much time and resulst in lack of control over the players. For example when you run towards a the ball... when it is within reach the animation takes over and you cant change the direction, shoot or pass. That leaves you with a feeling of the game being very scripted.

Shooting has improved greatly though.

Still way too much of the situiation where the player-controller players run around chasing the ball when the non-player-controller players stand around looking when they are half a yard away - which leaves you axposed

the players stopping when changing from one player which leaves all the space in the world for opponent players to walk right past you

first touch is still awfull with the ball bouncing meters away even for short passes

I take it you know how to play PES???

You know you have to tell the cpu players to chase the player with the ball?

First touch - you know you need to control the ball by pressing R2 (Thats what I use on my controls anyway

Shooting also improves if you hold R2 when hitting it

First touch - you know you need to control the ball by pressing R2 (Thats what I use on my controls anyway

Thats exactly what I was thinking, I can't wait for the full game, not sure if diving is on the demo but haven't managed it yet, can't seem to get 2 player on the demo either which is a shame, apart from that, I don't think i've ever played a demo as much as I have played this one, bring on the final version and on the better controller!!

sike, i can't DL it, boo not being in europe

Set up another account on silver membership but put a UK adress. You dont have to pay anything but you get demos you wouldnt get in the states and for us brits this works here too.

I'm not enjoying this at all. In fact, I just deleted the demo off my hard drive.

It's so slow and clunky. Been a while since I played PES 4 but this is rough. Maybe it's because I've been playing NHL 08 lately, so I'm expecting something faster and smoother. At least I know not to waste my cash on it now, it's not the game for me. Bring on Sensible Soccer.

Not saying I am very good, but yes I do know how to play and I am very well aware of what happends when using Rt. An I do know that you have to push Lb to change the player. And I do know that you have to hold down X to teampressure...

Doesnt change the fact that its bad AI when you control one player putting pressure on the holder your teammates stand like pillars. should the ball boble from a tackle to your unused player he more often than not dont react untill it has hit his foot and bounced 3 feet away again.

And with the touch... what I am opposiong is the animation bit that takes place every time you recieve it... leaves you out of control for a second which is enough to bug me.

as I said.. shooting seems much better now.

another animation thing... when computer player dribles what is supposed to player controlled players always react to the dribble. What I mean by this that even though I can pretty much gues what Kaka is doing his dribble sets of a small animation that makes my player do pretty much the oposite of what I want him to.... I mean how many times can the same player fall for the fake shot feint.... I see it once or twice every month at most in real life...

Archived