BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Brum Preview

den

Did anyone else see Samba on Wednesday when the penalty was awarded? He came storming up the pitch and obviously wanted to take the penalty kick himself, but Matt had already grabbed the ball himself and was determined to take it already. RSC had to calm Samba down and convince him it was better to let Derbs take it!

Good stuff.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Did anyone else see Samba on Wednesday when the penalty was awarded? He came storming up the pitch and obviously wanted to take the penalty kick himself, but Matt had already grabbed the ball himself and was determined to take it already. RSC had to calm Samba down and convince him it was better to let Derbs take it!

Good stuff.

I didnt notice that but did notice that Dunny was sniffing around. They all had no chance though. The minute Derbyshire knew the penalty was given he legged it 15 yards to get the ball before anyone else.

Good stuff.

I wish Samba had,he is in my dream team! :lol::lol:

Good stuff.

I've got to say there appeared to lots of animated debate going on between RSC, Dunny and Samba. I'm not at all sure that Matt Derbyshire was playing to orders when he grabbed that ball for the pen. I know that he scored but I trust Hughesy will act to avoid any repeat incidents.

Wouldn't have done you any good as I assume your fantasy team is just for the league. That is unless you are talking about some sort of other dream team...

It counts in the sun dreamteam, samba is in mine as well, he still 8 points for weds despite not taking the penalty. enough to keep top in the works mini league :rolleyes:

Good stuff.

I saw that.. he kept pointing to his chest as if to say this is mine let me have it. Cruz I think was just as shocked as I was with his determination to take the Pen. Always good to see that drive and willingness from players.

All Hail Super Samba.. he is exceptional

I'm glad you think that Fife,because with them sentiments ,it makes statesments such as , "Roberts being injured is a good thing.",look a really stupid thing to say.Especially when aimed at a player in a Rovers shirt.

Rovers player or not, I wouldn't wish injuries to any player. Seen a lot of ugly knocks in this game and it hurts no matter what shirt you're wearing.

There is another post just above saying we should flog Roberts because he's useless and a general misperception that Roberts lay on the grass with a torn thigh muscle because he was embarassed.

Flogging's a bit much even if it were still legal ......

I , too , got the impression that if Roberts had scored he might not have been so eager to leave the field of play........

Anyway he came good last season ; let's not write him off just yet :tu:

• 4 weeks later...

REACTION Birmingham 3-2 Wigan

Daniel de Ridder's got himself a fan in the form of manager Steve Bruce. "He's something different, he's a wide player who can go past people," says the Birmingham boss, before adding: "We've beaten Derby, we've beaten Bolton, we've beaten Blackburn and now we've beaten Wigan. I've got rid of October, which is always a bad month for me."

That is Steve Bruce speaking to the BBC just a few minutes ago.

The prospect of meeting Carsen Yeung is focussing Bernard Cribbens' mind on the facts brilliantly :lol:

How pathetic is Bruce to go down the tunnel because he cannot watch his own team take a penalty? That is a real sign of immaturity. Can anyone imagine any other manager doing that? Brian Clough would not even have got out of his seat! Every day Bruce looks more and more like a muppet creation and now he is behaving like one.

What would happen if all the crowd were as weak as that man? I have a mental image of thousands of white faced people filing out of St Andrews and standing nervously on the streets and car parks until the all clear is given after the pen has been taken when they can all troop back in.

That Chinese billionaire Yeung (who also looked as ridiculously out of place as a clown at a wake) must have been well impressed. In fact if buying a struggling club, with a decrepit stadium, poor players, managed by Bruce off it's current sleazy owners is preferable to stumping up £50m for BRFC then it says more about our lack of potential than a thousand negative posts on Nicko's thread.

Archived