• Tugay
    • Mokoena
    • Dunn
    • Bentley
    • Santa Cruz

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Never been to SOL before, what kind of beer is on sale there ? laugh.gif And do they serve before the match and at half time? thumbs-up.gif

Think it was Fosters last time I went. They sell it before the game and half time.

Balti pies are good but VERY hot be warned, burnt my tongue last time :angry:

I'm going tomorrow, first away game since Wigan on New Years day, really looking forward to it. I have a feeling we'll win.

I really like the SOL, it's identical in design to St Mary's at Southampton, but much bigger and you get a cracking view.

I hope we start with Santa Cruz and Derbyshire up front. It was interesting that Sparky said that our play on Wednesday night had much more energy than of late.

Wonder who that could have been directed at? :rolleyes:

As was the case last time we played them you can pay on the gate tomorrow. Get the impression there may be a decent turnout for the Blues Saturday, seems to have captured the imagination a little this match. I remember after the last match, which we won 1-0 thanks to Reids solo effort (remember him?) the police had to seal off the front office at the ground to prevent a mass demonstration after the game. As for the Stadium, I have to agree it is a little bit of a rent-a-tent boring straight-outta-Argos Derby/Soton clone affair, but with a bit on top.

Sunderland do not appear to have any real superstars, indeed Dwight Yorke is turning out for them but have somehow managed to get back into the Prem on Keanes fear-based tactics one suspects. If I played for him I reckon I would be suitably motivated to put a shift in every week. Obvious threats are Chopra and Jones, which sounds a bit like a daytime TV detective series from the 80s but if they think they will be having an easy day out tomorrow then they have obviously not met Mr Samba. :rover:

See y'all up there.

we seem to do well up north, so i hope the run continues.

I read somewhere that we've won 9 out of our last 10 trips to the North East clubs and 6 on the spin. We never do quite as well as I predict, so I'm predicting a 2-0 win, in the hope of us winning 1-0.

How many tickets have we sold? Was a good turnout two years ago, but was pretty quiet with us just beating one of the worst Premiership teams i've ever seen. Think we gifted them a few one on ones but Brad saved us as usual. Reidy's goal was pretty special though.

0-3 Rovers to bounce back, usual XI to start

McCarthy x 2

Bentley

Indifferent...can't see why some folk are looking at 451 for this game we need to put this to the sword we are much better than our recent results

The 4-2-3-1 doesn't have to be a defensive formation at all. It's pretty much a 4-4-2 where the wingers have less defensive responsibility and where one striker plays deeper. The two central midfielders do sit back a lot it's true (Although depending on opposition one can roam more freely), but the fact that they do so also gives the full backs a bit more freedom to roam forward, which would suit Warnock and Emerton well.

However I don't think we should play this formation as we're missing either the right winger or the AMC, depending on where we play Bentley.

I want to see either Mokoena or Tugay on the pitch though, as I believe we're a better team with a holding midfielder in there. Savage and Dunn might be better players individually, but I like the balance of the team better when they're not playing together. Or they could both play still, with Dunn on the left. Or right for that matter.

from the BBC in response to the throught earlier if Sunderland were a bogey team for us:

Home and away

League (inc PL): Sunderland 56 wins, Blackburn 39, Draws 23

Prem: Sunderland 2 wins, Blackburn 3, Draws 3

at Sunderland only

League (inc PL): Sunderland 40 wins, Blackburn 12, Draws 7

Prem: Sunderland 1 wins, Blackburn 1, Draws 2

Granted, this probably goes back to the 1890s, but we have 2 wins vs. them int eh prem, and both of them came in their 15 point debacle of a season...

Archived